summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Hardcover|Change

on July 22, 2011
Built To Sell is simply required reading for anyone that has their own business or thinking of starting one. After reading only a few pages of the book I realized I had found my new religion for my business. The author does an amazing job of presenting a clear picture of the reality for most entrepreneurs ' a slightly chaotic business that can not run without them. Being an entrepreneur since age 10 , this book gave me a clear picture of how and (more importantly) why it is necessary to structure the business to run in a systematic way that does not depend on my input and efforts. If I had read this earlier in life I am sure the outcome of several other businesses would be have much better.

Running a business like "Alex " the main character in the book, is like realizing you are an alcoholic that needs help' after reading the book you know you will probably still be drunk for a while but with a lot of hard work and following the plan things will get better fast.

The only mistake of this book is that it does not cost more. The lessons are so valuable that I can't believe the selling price!
on May 14, 2016
For a small business owner like me, the concepts in this book were simple to understand and harder to see how I could implement in my business. On my third read, I got the vision of how I make my service business sellable. Now that the changes are underway, my experience is similar to the story in the book! If your business has become a 7 day, 80+ hour job like mine was, this book offers a real path to more freedom and profit. Highly recommended!
on November 4, 2013
Awesome and simple narrative to make you think about your business and what is required to make your business sellable. Building a strong product line and systems is critical to making your business attractive to potential buyers. Transitioning your sale makes the business not only more viable but in many cases more profitable.
on February 13, 2015
One of the best business development books I have ever read. It changed how I thought about owning businesses and being an entrepreneur.
Cover was white.... but aside from that the content is what I wanted. The book arrived in excellent shape and quickly. Thank you!!
on August 29, 2010
This is an excellent book. Easy to read. It's perhaps a little simplistic, but nevertheless is to the point.
on January 1, 2016
Awesome story, but I don't really believe someone will pay $10,000 for a logo
on May 30, 2016
Great read! Simple and effective.
on June 24, 2015
One of the best books you can read.
on July 17, 2011
As is very rare in my 18 hour work day, I found myself clearing my evening-schedule and completing this book in one sitting. Built To Sell is inspiring, insightful, and entertaining. Even though it was a "preaching to the choir" affair with me, I found the book a practical story to relate as indicative of all the facets of changing to, or building, the Design Thinking organization. I would recommend this book to anyone that is wishing to develop an organization that is designed to efficiently operate instead of, or in-place of, one that is centered around some key human-assets' participation; it is possibly one of five that I feel that strongly about.