countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 31, 2013
When I finished this book, I was alittle sad because I really enjoyed reading it. I didn't want it to finish. Barbara is pretty funny lady. Great and easy read. She fazed in and out of her years growing up with 9 brothers and sisters (Wow!). To be honest with you I wanted to learn about her real estate business so halfway through, I skipped her childhood stories. I agree with the other reviewer, she really didn't go into depth about her real estate business and how she actually did it. She did give the important basics of being successful in life which everyone should know if they want to succeed in any business. I hope Barbara comes out with another book about ins and outs in the real estate business. She did write enough that in my next chapter in life I would love to be a real estate agent. This is a great gift idea for any woman that wants more in life.
on July 12, 2014
Excellent book for entrepreneurs looking for some much needed inspiration. Don't let the lack of money, time, or knowledge hold you back from shooting for the stars. Although, she also shows that no matter how good times are, bad times could be just around the corner, so it's important to plan ahead for the worst case scenario and don't leave yourself or your business vulnerable. Highly recommended!
on October 17, 2014
I think Barbara Corcoran had a lot of interesting things to say in this book. Certainly her journey was unique. But she offers some common sense that any of us can apply to our business lives. Worth the read. Inspiring. She definitely tells it like it is.
on June 27, 2014
Absolutely loved it! I found it to be funny and inspiring. Not only does she talk about business but her childhood as well. Such a nice lady and much smarter than the "King of The Least for the Most."
on January 26, 2015
It jumps back and forth from childhood to present day and becomes very redundant and confusing at times. Would have liked to know more about the business and less of a childhood bio. Still a good read and insight and would recommend a read.
on July 23, 2015
Love this book and the way Miss C layered in her childhood to reflect the lessons she learnt as a child which later helped her build her empire. Lots of great gems in here! Read it, you'll be better for it.
on May 8, 2014
Inspiring & powerful. So real, driven by life experience & adversity.This is a book every adult should read. Thank you Barbara, you're a mentor for all.
on May 3, 2016
I enjoyed the down to earth writing style of this book.
I would recommend this book to any and all people who want to succeed with their own business dreams.
on September 11, 2014
She started a real estate firm. Had this been clearly spelled out that it's more of an autobiography I never would've bought this!
on June 4, 2011
I expected a little more from this book. It is an easy read, sometimes funny but you cannot really learn anything about Real Estate Investing. It is basically the personal experience stories of Barbara when she was a child and how they influenced her business decisions later on in her professional life.