5.0 out of 5 stars More than a cookbook, a wealth of information

2.0 out of 5 stars misrepresented
Published on July 14 2004 by K. A. Wade

2.0 out of 5 stars misrepresented, July 14 2004
K. A. Wade "daughter of eve" (Montague, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Kid-Friendly Food Allergy Cookbook: More Than 150 Recipes That Are Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Egg-Free, and Low in Sugar (Paperback)
After reading thru this book, I wished I had saved my money. This IS a recipe book with kid favorites in it. At the end of each recipe is a note how to make it dairy free, egg-free, nut free, etc. Let me save YOU some money. In the book, if a recipe calls for milk, cheese, or butter - soy milk, soy cheeses or vegetable margarine is the substitute. If it calls for eggs - use egg replacer. If it calls for a nut oil - use olive oil. If it calls for pasta - use gluten free pasta. If it calls for wheat flour - use rice flour instead. You now have the basis for this books food allergy cooking. (we also have soy allergy so all the replacements of soy and margarine are of no use to me.) The only saving grace for this book is the shopping hints in the front of the book, about 10 pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than a cookbook, a wealth of information, March 28 2004
Andrea (Youngstown, Oh United States) - See all my reviews
This is an incredible cookbook, even for adults with a special needs diet (wheat-free, egg-free, etc). The recipes are easy and concise and everything has turned out better than expected. The Buttermilk Rice Pancakes and the Banana Nut Muffins were incredible. The authors take this one step further than a cookbook, they list a wealth of information. Thanks so much to the authors. God Bless You Both!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars real recipes, April 20 2004
Erin (Reno, Nevada) - See all my reviews
My kids and my husband liked the recipes I used from this book. I actually got some good food ideas that I will use for my husband's birthday party. The Doughnut Cake is awsome! My teenagers couldn't believe it was made from rice flour. Finally, an allergy cookbook that I will use more than one recipe in it! Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, very helpful, March 3 2004
Mary Anne (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
This book is great, it has let me cook things that my kids will actualy eat, and not make them sick from their allergies. It has a lot of fun info in it too. I pretty much only cook things that come from this book now, all of the recipes are good. Highly recomended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressed, July 8 2012
As a person with a severe nut allergy I am deeply unimpressed with this book. It suggests it offers something that it dies not. Yes, there re suggested options o a the recipes nut free or egg free or whatever, it to suggest tat this is a book full of nut or other allergen free eclipse is ridiculous. Don't waste your money. Some recipes call for almonds, eggs, milk,the list goes on. Total crap.