countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

on June 29, 2016
I am not an artistic person, and I found that the crafts in this book, while not so bad looking (and can be easily adapted to suit your own theme), seemed very difficult to put together. I think the big problem is that the instructions are very concise and if you don't have experience with these craft techniques you'll have a hard time trying to follow them. My feeling is that what seems relatively simple on paper, will be much more difficult in practice.

There are crafts for souvenirs, place settings, invitations, and other assorted wedding needs and she even suggests doing some of the crafts at showers and other bridal parties. The crafts themselves are a bit more "crafty" looking than what you would find at a typical wedding, but some are really cute. It's not the best wedding craft book I've seen and I would suggest searching further for something a little more traditional and easier to follow.
on April 7, 2004
Compared to the wonderfully creative and unique original 'Artful Bride' I found 'wedding favours', the third book of the artful bride series to be a real let down. I was terribly disappointed so I checked and saw it was only written by one of the two authors of the first book, sadly Graphic Designer Laura Mc Fadden is absent. I found all of the projects in the third book to be rather obvious and lacking in enthusiasm, and especially lacking the edgy well designed feel of the first book, which is a bible for the crafty anti-bride.
Only two of this books projects appealed, but they are no stretch of the imagination for bridal favours either: home made chocolates & bonsai trees, please, I think they lifted those ideas from Martha Stewarts weddings! Overall the feel of the book was of icky bridal triteness, with a lot of pink, heart shapes and a flower on nearly every page. I am waiting for the second book in the series, Invitations, which, unlike 'wedding favours' was co-written by Laura Mc Fadden and I hope it will be better.
on April 7, 2004
Following from the previous review where I commented that the projects in this book could have been from 'Martha Stewarts weddings' imagine my amusement when I saw on the back of the book that the Author IS from Martha Stewart's living! Trust me, this book is truly banal.