1.0 out of 5 stars I sadly missed McFadden in this artful bride book., April 7 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Artful Bride: Wedding Favors and Decorations: A Stylish Bride's Guide to Simple, Handmade Wedding Crafts (Paperback)
Compared to the wonderfully creative and unique original 'Artful Bride' I found 'wedding favours', the third book of the artful bride series to be a real let down. I was terribly disappointed so I checked and saw it was only written by one of the two authors of the first book, sadly Graphic Designer Laura Mc Fadden is absent. I found all of the projects in the third book to be rather obvious and lacking in enthusiasm, and especially lacking the edgy well designed feel of the first book, which is a bible for the crafty anti-bride.
Only two of this books projects appealed, but they are no stretch of the imagination for bridal favours either: home made chocolates & bonsai trees, please, I think they lifted those ideas from Martha Stewarts weddings! Overall the feel of the book was of icky bridal triteness, with a lot of pink, heart shapes and a flower on nearly every page. I am waiting for the second book in the series, Invitations, which, unlike 'wedding favours' was co-written by Laura Mc Fadden and I hope it will be better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Martha's employee makes a book., April 7 2004
By A Customer
Following from the previous review where I commented that the projects in this book could have been from 'Martha Stewarts weddings' imagine my amusement when I saw on the back of the book that the Author IS from Martha Stewart's living! Trust me, this book is truly banal.

ARRAY(0xb0d19618)