5.0 out of 5 stars Carla Sonheim is the best!
Beautiful book, full of ideas and good creative energy. It's packed with inspiring techniques. In fact why am I still sitting in front of my computer!? Please excuse me now, I need to go draw!
Published on Sept. 6 2010 by Lani Gerity Glanville

1.0 out of 5 stars Just another run of the mill drawing book.
You think she has some new creative and innovative
approaches to unleash your drawing skills? Nope!
Any traditional drawing book boring exercises (we all know ) will do just fine.
Under all that funky cover you think of finding practical exercises to freeing your artist within, like some expressive drawings to loosen up like when you where a child.
Published 11 months ago by SUNSHINE-4-EVER

5.0 out of 5 stars Carla Sonheim is the best!, Sept. 6 2010
This review is from: Drawing Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Creative Exercises to Make Drawing Fun (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!, Feb. 6 2011
Shelby (Terrace, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I keep playing with this book! I went through the exercises in this enlightening, challenging, invigorating art-flow weekend. I have NEVER had soooooooo much fun with a book. Her techniques and ideas are a blast and I enjoy the feeling of naughtiness, kind of going against the traditional art rules. LOVE THIS BOOK!

5.0 out of 5 stars I keep coming back to this book!, April 23 2013
I can't stay away from this book. I am a mixed media artist that had a fear of drawing and Carla gives you lots of innovative exercises to get you drawing. It is playful and fun and it always jumps starts my creativity. Carla Rocks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great inspiration!, Dec 20 2011
Great book for just letting loose with your drawing - new ideas and concepts in drawing - good for all levels

5.0 out of 5 stars Learners of all ages fun, March 26 2011
Yup Yup. We are enjoying this book in our classes. There are some projects/ excerpts I scale down for the younger set and even the toddler group. Adults have been inspired by some of the same excerpts that I scaled down. That was interesting! Now having said that the book is not one for improving ones technical skills. It is a good book to have around the studio for inspiration in the deep dark Winter. For the price it is a good thing really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spark your imagination!, June 7 2014
Just the thing to spark your creative juices or rewrite a lesson plan. My student teacher and I were inspired by a number of these creative ideas!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for beginners AND experimented artists!!!, June 12 2013
This book is my personal favorite art book! I always keep it on my work table and when I have some "white page stress syndrom", I do some exercises in it. With Carla's fantastic lessons, you will learn to see the World around you in a different manner. You will do drawing exercises that will be joyful and fun and you will improve your drawing skills. Excellent for all ages, for beginners or for professional artists.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's easy to draw, July 21 2014
Lots of good exercises,easy to follow,love the author's references to the members of her family who contributed their drawings to the making of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Original,inspirant!, July 9 2012
J'adore ce livre qui regorge d'exercices et de techniques amusants. De quoi nous aider à sortir de notre zone de confort, qui nous aide à nous dépasser, à explorer et qui, de plus, a le potentiel d'inspirer très longtemps!

1.0 out of 5 stars Just another run of the mill drawing book., Dec 28 2013
You think she has some new creative and innovative
approaches to unleash your drawing skills? Nope!
Any traditional drawing book boring exercises (we all know ) will do just fine.

Drawing Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Creative Exercises to Make Drawing Fun