march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Flexibound|Change

TOP 100 REVIEWERon November 3, 2015
Drawing Lab for Mixed-media artists is a great book to get you reinvigorated for art. That being said, it is a book. It's only going to give you as much as you're willing to put in. If you plan to give up at the first road block, this is not the book for you. If you really want to commit to the suggested exercises (many of which meaning drawing in public) you'll love this book! The 'reccommended' materials list is blissfully small on the page and like Sonheim says, if you don't have it, improvise. Listen to her words of advice and more than that 'just do it' use this book as a springboard to being the artist you always wanted to and put your fears aside.
on September 6, 2010
Beautiful book, full of ideas and good creative energy. It's packed with inspiring techniques. In fact why am I still sitting in front of my computer!? Please excuse me now, I need to go draw!
on April 23, 2013
I can't stay away from this book. I am a mixed media artist that had a fear of drawing and Carla gives you lots of innovative exercises to get you drawing. It is playful and fun and it always jumps starts my creativity. Carla Rocks!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 6, 2011
I keep playing with this book! I went through the exercises in this enlightening, challenging, invigorating art-flow weekend. I have NEVER had soooooooo much fun with a book. Her techniques and ideas are a blast and I enjoy the feeling of naughtiness, kind of going against the traditional art rules. LOVE THIS BOOK!
on June 12, 2013
This book is my personal favorite art book! I always keep it on my work table and when I have some "white page stress syndrom", I do some exercises in it. With Carla's fantastic lessons, you will learn to see the World around you in a different manner. You will do drawing exercises that will be joyful and fun and you will improve your drawing skills. Excellent for all ages, for beginners or for professional artists.
on December 20, 2011
Great book for just letting loose with your drawing - new ideas and concepts in drawing - good for all levels
on March 26, 2011
Yup Yup. We are enjoying this book in our classes. There are some projects/ excerpts I scale down for the younger set and even the toddler group. Adults have been inspired by some of the same excerpts that I scaled down. That was interesting! Now having said that the book is not one for improving ones technical skills. It is a good book to have around the studio for inspiration in the deep dark Winter. For the price it is a good thing really.
on July 9, 2012
J'adore ce livre qui regorge d'exercices et de techniques amusants. De quoi nous aider à sortir de notre zone de confort, qui nous aide à nous dépasser, à explorer et qui, de plus, a le potentiel d'inspirer très longtemps!
on July 21, 2014
Lots of good exercises,easy to follow,love the author's references to the members of her family who contributed their drawings to the making of this book.
on June 7, 2014
Just the thing to spark your creative juices or rewrite a lesson plan. My student teacher and I were inspired by a number of these creative ideas!