5.0 out of 5 stars This book may save you money!!
I was told about this book from a friend of mine who worked at Chase in the FX market, he calls it his bible. If I didn't already have a bible, this would be it for me.
Had I read this book before I started trading (FX - Euro/Sterling/Yen) I would have saved thousands!! This book is a must read for anyone who is going to trade.
I have read Murphy (Technical...
Published on March 23 2004 by robert rivera

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for psychology
Published on Feb. 24 2003 by Sam McCarthy

5.0 out of 5 stars This book may save you money!!, March 23 2004
I have read Murphy (Technical Analysis), Jiler (Charts), and Zweig (Winning on Wall Street). And while these books are also very good, this book by Schwager really speaks to my experiences in the market.
I have read other customer reviews on this book, most of them giving a well deserved 5 stars, some of them complaining that this book didn't disclose 'secrets' or 'how to', there is no book that is going to tell you the 'secrets' of 'how to' win, but this book tells you how to look in yourself to make a winner.
Forget fundamentals and technical, if you can't understand timing, risk, loss, entry, etc., your dead, or will be soon!!
I did attempt to look up each of these people who were interviewed to see where they are now. Many of them seem to have stopped trading, or I simply couldn't find any info on them. I also bought the book "New Market Wizards" but haven't read it yet. I wish there was a book like this that was written after 2000, as the market place is a whole lot different now with the Internet and the computing power that we have in order to do research.
Mr. Schwager if you are reading this PLEASE write another book, I would like to understand how the Internet has changed the market (for both big and small players). As many of you know, a lot of publicly traded companies that exist today would not have had an IPO had it not been for the ability for millions of small investors (via eTrade, Ameritrade, etc.) to invest into these companies. The small investor can play where only the big boys used to.
Bottom line if you want to play in the markets you should read this book. Hey if you don't like the book you can always sell it on Amazon (or ebay - but Amazon won't be happy!!).
Good luck to you, and remember it is only money!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for psychology, Feb. 24 2003
Sam McCarthy (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
I bought Market Wizards because I am working at an Ibank trading bonds this summer. But what I found is not so much a book that tells about stochastics, models, spread swaps, or other technical stuff , but what I did find is a book that takes you into the mind of a trader. Some of these guys have made and lost millions in a day, and the thoughts that must go through their head are mind-boggling when you control millions of demanding investors' money. The value of Schwager's book lies in its potential to teach you about what mental qualities these guys all possess that make them such good traders. Using real-life examples, they preach seemingly easy tenets all traders should follow but often do not. A lot of these psychological mindframes are difficult to maintain - cutting losses, trading without emotion, confidence in positions, and above all, not to be greedy. The interview with Ed Seykota (consummate yet eccentric trader) almost makes the book worth the money. A lot of what they say seems very simple and straightforward, but until you manage millions like these guys have, you will have to settle with a vicarious lesson that teaches you these important mental traits. All of his lessons should be absorbed before you step onto the trading floor thinking you are going to own Wall Street.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great seller, i got book in short time in excellent condition, Jan. 21 2014
this seller sent book out right away and I couldn't be happier. Market Wizards books are a treat. These over the top successful traders interviewed have incredibly interesting stories to share and there are definitely trading smarts to glean. If trading is your thing, run don't walk to the nearest available copy you can find. :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Insight, Dec 15 2013
I think one needs to go through various perspectives to become a good trader and develop one's personality with time. This book gives many perspectives in an entertaining, relevant and intelligent fashion. Not surprised it sold so well. Still bad at trading though:(

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for anyone looking to be a trader!, May 28 2013
For anyone that plans to be a trader of any kind, this book is something they should read. Make sure to take notes and it'll help develop some guidelines for trading. This is one of those books that teaches valuable lessons about the world of trading/investing.

5.0 out of 5 stars An important book, April 28 2004
Andrew (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Market Wizards (Hardcover)
There are 1000's of trading books available. They can be divided into four categories: books about trading written by non traders (most are in this category; don't waste your time or money on them), books about traders written by non traders (most are worthless), books about trading written by traders, and books about traders written by traders. This book is the best book available in the latter category. If you need a book about technical indicators, this isn't it. If you need a book to get a glimpse at the thought processes of successful traders, this is it. Jack has the remarkable ability to ask relevant and productive questions of some of the most successful traders of out time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read, June 20 2004
Being successful in life is simple. Find someone who is doing, or has what you want, and then model their behaviors. If you strive to be a sucessful trader then read this book.
Market Wizards is a compliation of interviews with very successful traders. There are little gems of information throughout the book. Read the book and savor each bit of information.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Trully Great Book!, May 21 2004
This is one of the few books that I have read over and over again. You find a lot of valuable resources and it is a very entertaining read. I always find something new. Being a succesfull trader, I recomend this book to anybody that is interested in this bussines.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book may save you money!!, March 23 2004
Forget fundementals and technical, if you can't understand timing, risk, loss, entry, etc., your dead, or will be soon!!
Good luck to you, and remember it is only money!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop everything else until you read Market Wizards, March 15 2004
Greg Perry (Oklahoma) - See all my reviews
Just stop trading. Stop watching the Big Board. Stop looking at the futures. Stop checking your quotes every hour. Turn off E*Trade. Do NOT make one more move until... you read what the MASTERS OF THE GAME DO.
Why in the WORLD would you want to keep trading and investing without hearing what the most successful investors in the world do? Here, they share their strategies, they tell you what makes and what breaks them.
One rule that PERMEATES almost every Market Wizard in this gem: Plan your Trades and Trade your Plan. Without a trading plan you will fail or be far less successful (but you'll probably fail). When will you enter the trade? When will you exit the trade? What are your stops? ONLY until you know these answers should you make a move in the market.
Here is FREE (less the cost of the book) TRAINING AND ADVICE FROM THE WORLD'S BEST TRADERS EVER. PERIOD. Why do we sometimes think we know more than they??? STOP now and read Market Wizards. Then, you may be included in a future edition! (Be sure to thank me if that happens, I don't mind large bills!)

ARRAY(0xb235e804)

Market Wizards: Interviews With Top Traders
Market Wizards: Interviews With Top Traders by Jack D. Schwager (Hardcover - Jan. 17 2006)
CDN$ 33.99 CDN$ 21.31