Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

on November 21, 2015
This book was interesting to read through and has the right examples you need to build other programs.

I wanted to make a program with lisp that I could just write the channel that I wanted to watch on Twitch streaming service and it would do all the background work and load the stream through Livestreamer. As I went through the program, I was able to find the examples I needed to learn from and was able to build this program from scratch in about two weeks.

I would highly recommend this book who is interested in programming but has had sour experiences with other languages. I had 2 years of post-secondary education with c/c++ and I find this more enjoyable to work with.
on December 6, 2010
This is a great starter for LISP! The writing is light and entertaining and the information solid. If you are looking to learn LISP, you can't really go wrong here.

I especially enjoyed the artwork!
on January 3, 2014
This book was a rather good introduction to Common Lisp for newcomers. The games, mostly text-based or web+svg-based, are interesting and very well designed. Explanations are good, style is alright (well, I couldn't expect something to formal, could I?). I'm glad to have purchased it. However, it is not a very technical book. Those of you who want to go deeper should lean towards Practical Common Lisp.
on July 24, 2014
A most entertaining book about Lisp. Starts at the beginning and manages to cover some more advanced topics too. Recommended.