Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store NFL Cook Tools

Eloquent JavaScript: A Modern Introduction to Programming
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$24.70+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(4 star)show all reviews
I was first introduced to JavaScript while building one of my websites. Knowing absolutely nothing, I essentially learned through trial by fire. I did a lot of copying and pasting of bits of code that I found on the Internet. Then, when something didn't work properly I would just experiment until I solved the problem. Still, there always seemed to be some sort of unexpected results, mostly because I didn't understand the complexities of the code.

I really could have used a good basic introduction to JavaScript like Eloquent JavaScript. This book starts at the very start- What is JavaScript? Then, gradually teaches code through a wide variety of entertaining "real" life situations: from explanations about strings and values through objects and nodes to html and forms.

My favourite example is sorting through Aunt Emily the cat lover's emails so that you sound interested in her life. Laziness leads to figuring out an easier way. I found these little humorous tidbits took the edge off what could have been pretty mind numbingly bland learning.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again

Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Eloquent JavaScript: A Modern Introduction to Programming
Eloquent JavaScript: A Modern Introduction to Programming by Marijn Haverbeke (Paperback - Dec 14 2014)
CDN$ 32.94

JavaScript: The Good Parts
JavaScript: The Good Parts by Douglas Crockford (Paperback - May 18 2008)
CDN$ 24.73

Professional JavaScript for Web Developers
Professional JavaScript for Web Developers by Nicholas C. Zakas (Paperback - Jan. 18 2012)
CDN$ 34.01