5.0 out of 5 stars The Unforgettable Visitor
Lori Wick has again outdone herself with The Visitor. She tells the beautiful story of Cassandra finding her love and learning to trust. Having never been seen by Mr Tate, the man who loves her, Cassandra must pull herself together and stop running away from seeing the eyes of Tate for the very first time. You won't put this book down until you're finished!
Published on Jan. 31 2011 by T.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not her best, but entertaining
I found the book relaxing and entertaining, but not evoking the deep feelings or profound truth of some of her earlier works. Still worth reading, for Lori Wick fans.
Published on Aug. 21 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars The Unforgettable Visitor, Jan. 31 2011
This review is from: The Visitor (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, May 4 2004
M. J Myles "Rosella Ann Myles" (Wheeling, W.V. United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Visitor (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book its a great story for anyone . It is also a beautiful love story how Cassandra falls in love with a man who is blind, and they give each other more faith hope and love. I'd recommend it to anyone and I think its the best in the English Garden series. Lori Wick always writes such great stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, April 16 2004
This review is from: Visitor (Paperback)
After reading some of the reviews I was hesitant to pick this book up, but in the end I am so glad I did! Though not as good as "The Rescue" this is still an excellent book.
I loved that Lori Wick decided to have both sisters involved in a romance instead of just one. I enjoyed Lizzie and Morland just as much as I did Cassie and Tate. This was another book, I just couldn't put down until I had read every word.
I felt that I could really identify with Cassie and her doubts of herself, because I also have had some of the same. I also enjoyed how Tate wasn't always perfect in his faith and that gave him a real sense of being human.
This entire series is definitely a must have addition to your collection. All of the books in the English Garden Series were excellent, especially the last three.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, Sept. 1 2003
Eileen A Merry (Moran, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Visitor (Paperback)
This is an excellent book that I really enjoyed. I thought it wonderful for Ms.Wick to involve both sisters instead of just centering in on one.
I have enjoyed the entire series and I couldn't wait to get this one, and I'm glad to say that Ms.Wick didn't disappoint me!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not her best, but entertaining, Aug. 21 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, July 2 2003
This review is from: Visitor (Paperback)
If you've read and enjoyed any of Jane Austin's novels, you will delight in Lori Wick's "The Visitor." This is the third book in her "English Garden" series and although it easily stands alone, readers will be enticed to read book 1 and 2. Wick's characters and dialogue are realistic and appropriate for the 1812 period of time in England. This is my first Lori Wick novel but It made me a fan and I intend to seek out more from this accomplished author.
Beverly J Scott

4.0 out of 5 stars liked this book, June 20 2003
This review is from: Visitor (Paperback)
I liked this book. I love the way she portrays the characters thinking & talking about God. On the downside it was hard to keep up with all the characters. I was confused. Also, I have a hard time relating to the characters cause they are rich and just cut flowers, visit each other and go to the backyard maze when they are depressed. But for moral character it's excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent but not great..., June 5 2003
Vicki Williamson (Monroe, Ga United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Visitor (Paperback)
I did enjoy this book but it is not as good as some of the other books Mrs. Wick has written. Though I did think that the storyline was very good. I liked the idea of a blind man and a supposably "plain" looking woman. It showed that beauty is not something that is seen with the eyes. If you have enjoyed any of Mrs. Wick's previous romance novels then I believe you will enjoy this one too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Big Snooze, April 28 2003
"spudtwin" (Malta, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Visitor (Paperback)
I loved the first two books in the English Garden series, but this one was really boring. I couldn't keep track of how all the friends, neighbors and family were inter-related and kept getting confused by all the different characters. Hardly anything happened in the story other than women picking flowers, getting marriage proposals or becoming pregnant. I guess that's how a typical Jane Austen-type novel reads, but I had a hard time getting through the book. I much prefer Jan Karon's Mitford series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Always a happy ending for Lori Wick, March 21 2003
This review is from: Visitor (Paperback)
As usual Lori Wick gives us the happy ending we were all waiting for. There are a lot of characters and that keeps everything interesting, although at first it's hard to keep up with everyone. It's nice if you like keeping up with everyone from the past books. If you like continued stories, you'll like these books.

The Visitor
The Visitor by Lori Wick (Paperback - March 2004)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01