biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: HardcoverChange

on February 11, 2012
This book has incredible insight into what Shirky calls our "Cognitive Surplus" - this excess of free time being put to good use when we are given a medium that allows us to do so. The internet is the best thing that happened to me; the TV sure as hell wasn't!
on October 18, 2015
A great book on groups psychology, online communities, the new media and making good use of people's available free time and enthousiasm for contributing to something useful or valuable, more or less. Additionnally, this book increases you faith in humanity. There's a lot of young and professional people out which would rather create stuff or solve problems online rather than watch tv, waiting for you to make it possible or easier for them.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2010
I eagerly purchased this Clay Shirky book based on listening to podcasts of his thoughts on the future of the newspaper business. The man's comments were insightful, he reeked intelligence. While I am sure he still does, it is difficult to tell in this audio effort as he chose to not narrate this book. I found myself drifting through vast sections with no memory of what had been spoken.
Regrets, as had I bought the hardcover I would have still heard his voice and likely been once again spellbound.
0Comment2 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse