5.0 out of 5 stars An invitation to be a Whole Human Being!
Published on July 17 2002 by Tim Burness

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good thoughts and excercises, but lacks credibility
Actually 3 stars is generous. 2 to 2 and half is about all it deserves. The exercises are ok. The overall message that we need to embrace all sides of ourselves and learn from every part of us, good and bad is fine, but Ford's anecdotes,such as the one about "Jennifer" and her stalker, just don't ring true.
If a total stranger followed me for months on end including...
Published on June 24 2002 by Tom L.

5.0 out of 5 stars An invitation to be a Whole Human Being!, July 17 2002
Tim Burness (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
The message here is clear. Reclaim your power and creativity by actively embracing the sides of yourself you deny or dislike. Rather than waste time and energy condemning others, look at yourself for possible faults you may be finding in those around you. In this context, being a whole person is more important than being a "good" person. Being "spiritual" means being fully human, warts and all!
Many examples are given throughout of how judging others negatively is in fact a mirror for one's own perceived negative personality traits. Positive qualities are also often projected onto others and we can reclaim these too. By accepting the whole truth about ourselves we can move forward with a greater sense of self-worth and more love to give to others.
"Do you really want inner peace?" asks Debbie Ford, "If you do its yours. Surrender. Stop fighting. Stop defending. Stop pretending. Stop denying. Stop lying to yourself". Overall this is a powerful read in the territory of the "Conversations With God" books by Neale Donald Walsch who contributes an introduction here. As with many books of this nature, the challenge is to consistently LIVE these ideas!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a brilliant, brilliant book!, April 24 2004
By A Customer
I thought I was happy, I thought I was mature. I was looking for another challenge in life, so I picked up this book to see if there was anything useful. Whoa! This book made me realize that I have a whole other side to myself that I was not aware of. It made me understand what really being whole as a person is all about. I cannot say enough about this book! Thanks to this book, I feel I can really see the positive and negative sides of myself. I am using it to figure out how to get rid of the clutter in my life and embrace the simple beauty of it all. Another book that is really helping me now is "The Ever-Transcending Spirit" by Toru Sato. It is another one of these terrific books that looks at these things with a focus on our relationships with other people. Both of these books are highly, highly recommended!!! Good luck to you all!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tape does not include visualizations..., Jan. 3 2005
By A Customer
Having enjoyed the book over and over I finally purchased the tape version so that our book club could listen to Debbie lead the visualizations included at the end of each chapter. Unfortunately the tape only includes the material up to the homework and does not include the visualizations. It is still wonderful to hear Debbie's voice read the material but future customers should be aware of this limitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Darkness Comes to Light, March 18 2004
This book has genuinely helped me continue to bring out my greatest attributes from within, as well as learn to honor all aspects of myself. Ironically, I discovered this book from the Afterword of another book 'Individual Power' where the author shared how much this book helped her. What a wonderful gift this brought to me!
The Dark Side of the Light Chasers helped me learn how to embrace those aspects within that I did not 'own' but viewed as 'wrong.' Through this wonderful book, I was able to discover the good behind the so-called 'bad'. I was able to free myself of false limiting beliefs, and I am deeply grateful for the contribution this book has had on my life.
I highly recommend this book as another wonderful and powerful tool if you want to own and embrace all aspects of yourself so you can soar in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this read., March 8 2014
Love this read. Forward thinking. Debbie doesn't teach how to change the dark, yucky pieces we feel in ourselves. She offers us a different perspective so we can look at those dark pieces as gifts. She teaches us how to embrace all parts of ourselves and love them! Transformational read!

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good thoughts and excercises, but lacks credibility, June 24 2002
If a total stranger followed me for months on end including to Hawaii half-way around the world, there is no way in holy hell I would be content with merely acknowledging my own capacity for evil and saying "hello" to the stalker to get rid of him or her.
If anything, some stalkers would be ENCOURAGED by the one they stalk saying "hello." And if all my so-called friend could offer in the way of advice and support is "just own your own evil" - I think i'd soon drop that person as a friend.
Likewise with the Morgan story - she admitted how much she hated her mother and all her stomach cancer magically disappeared.
Are we as readers given any evidence whatsoever that any of these things ever happened ? NO!!! could they have been cnojured up by a self-styled self-help guru just to sell books ? YES!!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars One More California Guru...One More Psychological Diet..., Jan. 2 2002
By A Customer
When are we average people going to stop letting self-help gurus like this author cheat us out of our hard-earned money? I read the book with somewhat low expectations, and I was not disappointed!
Maybe I'm completely out of touch with the rest of the world (i.e. California), but I hear one more Self-help Guru telling me that if I follow her psychological diet of nutritious nuggets I will shed the cumbersome load of stagnant mental sludge. She has some nice ideas but they are neither original or practical. I hear a hundred other psychoanalytical prophets speaking through her words. Just another psychological diet book for us mentally unfit savages!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lasting Changes, Nov. 29 2001
J. Owens (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
The philosophies shared in this book are significant. Unlike many of the theories written in other self-helps, Debbie provides the reader with tools that seem to make true lasting changes. I took the time to do the exercises and I believe I find myself on a brighter path of consciousness and contentment. I also highly recommend "Open Your Mind, Open Your Life" by Taro Gold. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best read all year for me, Oct. 16 2013
This review is from: The Dark Side of the Light Chasers (Paperback)
Having a voracious appetite for spiritual awakening books - this one came at the perfect time for my development. It starts at Wayne's Dyer's premise of erroneous zones but then surprising shows us how to veer more into them to out grow them. Embracing and loving your dark side showed me a new perspective. There's lots of great reviews here - so i wont rehash. It was page turner. My only complaint was the small/faint print (yin meet yang LOL)

5.0 out of 5 stars One Excellent Book, June 19 2003
Barbara Rose (BornToInspire.com) - See all my reviews
I thought I had finished writing my own book. I believed I had said all I have learned. Then I picked up Debbie Ford's book The Dark Side of the Light Chasers. Oh boy, did I have more healing to do.
I discovered this when I completed one of the exercises in this book. It directed me to connect with that part within which contains the highest self truths, my "sacred self," and ask: "What [do] you need to do to open your heart and let go of any emotional toxicity you have been carrying around?"
With pen and journal in hand, I began writing.
We have to experience understanding ourselves in order to heal ourselves. With the help of this wonderful book, I was able to do just that.
I am deeply grateful to Debbie Ford for sharing herself and her healing process so that I was able to continue mine. Thank you.
I hope you can see the true power in giving and sharing. They are not simply esoteric concepts reserved for the few. They are the connection we all share, the connection that transforms each of us individually and thus transforms all of humanity when we give ourselves permission to simply be ourselves.
As a self-help, spiritual author, I salute Debbie Ford for her courage to open up, share, and make a difference. This book will certainly help you embrace and transform whatever you may unconsciously view as "wrong" with you, just as it did with me.
From my heart, Barbara Rose, author if 'Individual Power: Reclaiming Your Core, Your Truth, and Your Life' and 'If God Was Like Man'

The Dark Side of the Light Chasers
The Dark Side of the Light Chasers by Deborah Ford (Paperback - Nov. 2 2010)
CDN$ 18.00 CDN$ 13.00