4.0 out of 5 stars creative and intresting.
Published on July 21 2011 by jernfurdle

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected
Published on Aug. 8 2011 by Hayley French

4.0 out of 5 stars creative and intresting., July 21 2011
This review is from: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Hardcover)
I purcahsed this book for my daughter who loves to read but found myself stealing it. (Don't worry I'll give it back) The pictures are what peeked my interest. When I realized that they were real (borrowed from vintage photo collections) that was it - I had to learn more. But there is so much more here then just the photos. The author does a great job of tying his creeping photo collection into a wonderfully creepy story. The ending leaves me with more questions then answers so I suspect this is just the begining for Jacob and the other peculiars.

Watch out for this book to make it to the big screen, 20th Centery Fox has purchased the rights.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, March 23 2012
This review is from: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Hardcover)
this book is amazing. it is an easy read but the story that it tells is amazing. great story line and the pictures that are in the book help tell the story.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected, Aug. 8 2011
This review is from: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Hardcover)
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children was one of those books I discovered online and immediately went out and bought. As a collector of vintage photos myself I was drawn in by the photos but most of all by the trailer on the author's website. The images of abandonment were incredibly compelling. I was prepared for a more traditional ghost story or something similar. What I got was a bit of a surprise but nevertheless a well constructed novel that will make for a terrific movie. If I have one criticism it would be that I found the lead character a bit immature to be believable as a 16 year old. He seemed to present himself more in the neighbourhood of 12 or 13 in the way he related to the other characters in the book. All in all money well spent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great pics, boring story, Feb. 27 2014
This review is from: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Hardcover)
The pictures are more cool than the story is... That's a bummer.
It's like R. Riggs found these really great pics, put them in a certain order and tried to make a story around them. While it is a nice idea, sometimes the reading is boring.
It's easy to see how it's gonna end, and it takes too long to go there...

5.0 out of 5 stars peculiar children to say the least, Feb. 3 2014
I enjoyed this book enough to hop right into the second one! It was imaginative and I found it correlates to the hollacaust very nicely. It is deeper than you imagined it to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very peculiar indeed., July 20 2014
Maria Casacalenda (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I loved the idea behind this story. The front cover makes you think the story is going to be really eerie and creepy, but it really wasn't in my opinion. I thought it was very interesting and a good story for young adults. I am also extremely excited that Tim Burton is going to be turning this story into a movie.

4.0 out of 5 stars weird, June 24 2014
wonderfully weird, enjoyed deviating from the usual kinds of reading I do, which is murder mysteries and biographies thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!!!!, May 24 2014
What a delicious and interesting read. Loved it all - my kind of book... Can't wait to start number 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 16 2014
I really loved everything about this novel. The storyline is attention grabbing. It was hard to put down. The photos really add a lot to the storyline. I found myself very creeped out at certain points. The back pages give credit for the photos and that as well, is very interesting. As a person in my 20's I very much enjoyed Miss Peregrine's. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of Hollow City.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, May 4 2014
The characters were lovable. A world inside or own, to be e explored.i would love to meet Miss Peregrine and her peculisr children.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (Hardcover - June 7 2011)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.43