5.0 out of 5 stars The best theoretical book I have ever read !!
Published on Jan. 21 2010 by Ronald W. Maron

3.0 out of 5 stars On the Fringe of Science
Potential readers need to know that some familiarity with the basic concepts of science is required to understand what is discussed in "Science and the Akashic Field". While it remains accessible for the lay reader it could still be challenging for the uninitiated. But the explanations are always clear.

After watching an interview of the author on YouTube I...
Published 3 months ago by Normand Hamel

5.0 out of 5 stars The best theoretical book I have ever read !!, Jan. 21 2010
Ronald W. Maron "pilgrim" (Nova Scotia) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Ce commentaire est de: Science And The Akashic Field Revised (Paperback)
While I do agree with other evaluators insomuch that this is a book of complexity, it should also be everyone's MUST READ OF THE DECADE! Having been interested and involved in theoretical physics for over a decade, I have read countless books and articles on life theories, cosmology, string and quantum theory, consciousness, etc.... After having done so, however, I found myself filled with factoids of event probability but lacking a coherent concept that would tie these diverse thoughts and concepts together. Ervin Laszlo did that for me! Yes, his text does become somewhat cumbersome at times and must be read slowly, but the concepts presented do tie the past, the present and eternity tightly together. The cutting edge of science is finally beginning to have answers to the questions that have been with us throughout our civilization.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mind Opening, Jan. 1 2010
Mark Arneson (Springbrook, Alberta) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Science And The Akashic Field Revised (Paperback)
I found that this book was not an easy read, that is because I had to skim through it to get a sense of the ideas presented, and then re-read it slowly to digest the concepts presented. The immediate idea was that of the human body as an quantum energy continumn, the quantum information field is what allows one's body-mind to respond so quickly to stiumuli in the environment. That and other organisms as well. This quantum energy field continues through the entire universe. A very useful and complex book.

3.0 out of 5 stars On the Fringe of Science, Aug. 30 2014
Normand Hamel "Normand Hamel" (Brownsburg-Chatham, Québec) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Science And The Akashic Field Revised (Paperback)

After watching an interview of the author on YouTube I decided to acquire his book. I was impressed by the views he expressed and was looking forward to find more about him. But even if I was already familiar with many of the ideas that are discussed here and consider myself open minded towards any bold proposition on the "fringe" of science, I was taken aback by the numerous affirmations that Laszlo wants to shove down our collective throat. It's one affirmation after the other, and there is no room for discussion. You take it or you leave it. It's almost as if God had revealed to Laszlo, and no one else, how the world was created. But even if the author appears to have some mystical inclination this does not necessarily mean that it is a spiritual book, like some reviewers have claimed. For it remains essentially a science book. Fringe science would actually be the best way to characterize this work. I know that many concepts of science were at one point considered "fringe science" before they were integrated to the mainstream, and this could indeed be the case one day for some of the ideas that Laszlo presents here. But he has not proven anything yet and most importantly he makes no predictions that could be verified in the future.

Laszlo is quick to dismiss some competing theories which in his mind are only imaginative working hypothesis that can be viewed as fables. But he doesn't seem to realize that what he himself proposes is every bit as "fabulous". For he makes extremely radical assumptions about the nature of the world. And these assumptions are presented as if they were facts. But in reality Laszlo brings forward a lot of unproven scientific claims in this book. This is not pseudo-science though. What is discussed in this book is real science, but it is not documented and demonstrated the way we would expect from someone who has an academic background like Laszlo. We have to keep in mind that he is more a philosopher than a scientist. Unfortunately he appears to be mixing the two together. Even though scientific arguments can be used for philosophical speculation we have to be careful not to confuse one with the other.

In that respect Laszlo went way too far and definitely crossed the line between philosophy and science. And just like when Caesar crossed the Rubicon, Laszlo never turned back. He never even looked back. It's all forward the moment we open the book and nothing will stop him. He charges all along and will take no prisoners on his way to the throne of the Universe.

Science And The Akashic Field Revised
Science And The Akashic Field Revised by Ervin Laszlo (Paperback - May 14 2007)
CDN$ 18.95 CDN$ 13.68