Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Format: PaperbackChange

on December 2, 2005
I found this to be a great book. The nutritional chapters were great, and I think would be really useful for all those guys out there who don't eat like they should to be able to build muscle. I also found that the workout program chapters were really good as well. I really enjoyed the phase 1 chapter and learning where some of the weaknesses and imblances I have are. It was great to know this and then to be able to learn how to fix these problems.
I recommend this to all those who lift weights, because I think there is a lot of info in there that would be beneficial to anyone who lifts weights.
on December 12, 2005
To all of the people who are in the sport nutrition and bodybuilding market, do not miss this one. Dr Berardi is one, if not the best nutritionist I've known. His theories have helped me as well as alot of my clients to perform and to reach their objectives. The most important of all, Dr Berardi tought me how to have very nutritional habits. Now, I don't only follow a diet, I have good nutritionnal habit. Another great book!!
on December 1, 2005
S2B is a great book and it is very easy to understand. I am completing a in kinesiology and still learned from this book. The basic principles are there, it is explained so everyone can understand, even if you've never been lifting before. There are great practical information that everyone can put to use. I especially liked the "corrective phase" of the program...very useful.
on December 1, 2005
Of all of the workout books I have read, this is one of the best yet. The dedication to nutrition is second to none and incredibly valuable even if you are not a "hardgainer".
The detailed plans for meals and workouts make this a book for anyone who has not been able to gain size in the past.
Follow the plan, work hard at it and you'll see the results.
on December 18, 2005
If you've ever had issues packing on weight and/or need help with that, get this book, it's as simple as that
Everything is laid out for you, explained in full detail and presented in a straight forward manner that is not difficult to implement in your day to day life
It's very simple: if you want to put on muscle and transform your this book
on November 30, 2005
Thanks to Mike Mejia and Dr Berardi's book, I've made gains I've been pursuing for years. They showed and explained in details their strategies and workouts, so anybody, from beginner to athletes can understand and benefit from them. Easy, comprehensive and thorough. And did I mentionned the gains?
on May 31, 2006
This book is great and it works. I find it at time difficult to get all the messages that are dispersed in different chapters. There is a lot of information but it could have been better organised so that you don't have to flip pages here and there.

I would have liked some hints as far as possible injuries, specially if you are older than 35. The exercices proposed are hard to your body if you don't do them correctly, so I would suggest you get a trainer as well to make sure you are doing it right. I got shoulders injuries and now back injury. I understand my mistake with the shoulder injury (not reading carefully about scrapular retraction...but again until you hurt yourself you won't care about it). But i don't understand my back injury, except for the fact that I am not that young any more.

In summary excellent program, I got excellent results, but slow because this is my second injury.
on August 10, 2005
I have read other books by one of these auhtors and I knew it would be loaded with good information.I have given this book to my younger cleints who want to build size the natural way. Recommend this book and the book below for a strong overall balance to your workout program. I also recommend everyone who works out to get this book 'The Backsmart Fitness Plan' A full complete program from stretching to great dumbell exercies and balance drills.These two books have helped me out alot in getting in the best shape in years.
on October 22, 2005
This book has everything. Save your money buying magazines filled with pictures of oiled up steriod monsters telling you their impossible routines and buy this book instead.One thing I liked is how it details the proper way to bench press and squat, saving wear and tear on your shoulders and back.
on December 29, 2005
Let me start off by saying that it's been a long time since I last read such an informative and helpful book. In the world of confusion this book clearly presents the rules one should follow in order to get the desired results (and what I mean by that is putting on some serious weight, obviously). You can forget about endless browsing thru the Internet looking for some info on fitness matters and then trying to figure out if it also applies to you. Well, if you're kinda skinny it does not and what you need is a different approach to weightlifting.
In the first part of S2B you'll read about the proper execution of various exercises, including those heavy, compound lifts. The authors suggest that you follow a four stage plan for building muscle (from assessment of your present fitness level and a basic workout to get your body in shape all the way down to the real deal). Exercises are well described, easy to perform and there are plenty of photos to make sure you do the right thing.
The second part of the book deals with proper nutrition. I have to say that it does go into great detail about it which helps you understand the science behind the gym. Hopefully it will also convince those who think they can eat whatever they want or as little as they want and still get the results (forget it, this ain't gonna work). The diet seems healthy and the emphasis is put on gaining muscles the natural way (yes, that means no steroids). I think it's sufficient to say I put on a few kilos simply by following the dietary advice laid out in this book!
Both parts of the book are filled with practical advice you can apply the same day you read it. S2B is down-to-earth, intelligently written and fun to read (I burst out laughing several times...). It's all you need to get from where you are to where you really wanna be. Go ahead and get it!