5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, Jan. 15 2007
This review is from: The Metabolism Advantage: An 8-Week Program to Rev Up Your Body's Fat-Burning Machine---At Any Age (Hardcover)
I thought, what the heck, I'll give it a try. All the science within it made sense to me. I decided that an 8 week commitment to a healthy program was the least I could do to improve myself and reevaluate afterwards how to go forward. Well, its 9 weeks and I'm still motivated and going forward STRONGLY. The results are dramatically visible and I feel great! I could easily live with this program as part of my lifestyle because I'm eating well, I'm exercising and I love what I see in the mirror! It WORKS.

5.0 out of 5 stars John Berardi is the Advantage of The Metabolism Advantage, Sept. 8 2006
Michael A. Howard "M. Howard" (Worcester, MA United States) - See all my reviews
John Berardi's "The Metabolism Advantage" is a home run. I speak from first hand experience of John's teachings through his published articles, website, DVDS and now this brand new book.

I have struggled with my metabolism, buying into the so called normal "Slowing down with age" process over the past 10 years. The concepts in this book have opened my eyes to new beliefs that shatter the old school thought process of "Everything goes to hell after age 40."

Utilizing the concepts detailed in this book I have dropped 37 lbs in the past 14 weeks and decreased my body fat% by 13 percentage points. I am well on my way to achieving my new lifetime weight goal of 190 lbs with a 10% body fat. This success is due to many factors that John explains in the book.

John is a scientist. A scientist who has the ability to coach a layperson what they need to do to achieve their nutritional and physiological goals. This book is a goldmine for those people who are committed to making positive change in their long term health.

I endorse this book wholeheartedly and I wish John great success.

Michael A. Howard

Worcester, MA

5.0 out of 5 stars Nutrition science that works, Oct. 9 2007
Luca (Barrie, Canada) - See all my reviews
You may think that you know about what you should eat - everybody does - but you probably don't. This book teaches you about nutrition and then includes shopping lists, recipes and meal plans to help you put your new found knowledge to work. It also includes workouts to complete the package.

5.0 out of 5 stars You just have to love it!!!, Oct. 20 2009
Nicole Schneider (Banff, AB, Canada) - See all my reviews
I recently bought the Metabolism Advantage by John Berardi, since I have heard so many great things about this guy and the way he teaches and preaches good nutrituon. The fact that he looked like an athlet, talked like an athled but was in fact a doctor, convinced me even more of (t)his lifestyle. When I received the book I couldn't wait to start reading it. Whithin two days I finished it (unfortunately I had to spleep in between :-)). His style of writing is easy to understand and fun to read. No blah blah or weird doctor's language. He really talks to you! And his message is easy: eat healthy, work out and you'll see improvements in your health and physical appearance. This message isn't new, of course. Everybody knows it- but he encourages you to start living like this for real. Lots of pictures, a shopping list for groceries, meal plans and example days for an 8 weeks time period make things even easier for you. And guess what? the recipes included in the book are not only nutritious, but also delicious. I can highly recommend this book to everyone who is willing to commit to some changes, needs a little kick in the you know what and likes to have a little help and motivation along the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, July 28 2011
I've been training for years.I started in my twenties and am now sixty two.
I could never really understand why i wasn't losing fat?This book is very
informative it has help me to understand when and what to eat.
I would recommended this book to others

Used & New from: CDN$ 5.47