5.0 out of 5 stars What a great motivator!
While training for my third marathon, I picked up this book to find some new training ideas. I couldn't put it down! It covers all facets of women's running - beginning to long distance, pregnancy, nutrition, balancing family and/or job with running and motivating factors. I used the charts, stretches and training ideas. I've recommended it to countless friends and often...
Published on Dec 9 2002 by Two of four hops

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Personally, I was quite disappointed in the content of this book. I was getting back into running after a several year hiatus and bought this book to inspire me to a new level of fitness. I found the information to be geared towards the beginner and quickly "outgrew" it.
Published on Oct. 30 2003 by music lover

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Motivational Guide, July 25 2000
By A Customer
I have been running for five years now, and there has always been many questions regarding the sport. I found that in the past, this has been primarily a man's sport. What a great idea to write a book focusing on the concern's of women. I felt more empowered and ready to lace up my shoes and go. This was truely a great motivational and informative book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific and complete guide, July 21 2000
By A Customer
This book contains various training programs to take you from novice to marathon runner. It examines many issues relating to running, from body image to proper nutrition to running while pregnant. It was well-organized and motivational. It is a great investment for any runner or would-be runner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Motivational !, May 16 2000
I saw an add in Runners World for this book and sent away for it the same day! I had been searching for a motivational women's running book and had no luck finding one, until now! The advice and information provided pertains to both beginners and elite runners, and in my case someone who would like to get in better shape and become a faster runner. It helped to be reminded of just how beneficial running can be both physically as well as mentally. Just to name a few aspects of this book I enjoyed: it provided good advice on how to run and train smart, running programs I can follow without getting discouraged, who (if anyone) to train with, how to set and achieve goals, how to stay motivated and basically how to enjoy one of the easiest, cheapest and rewarding women's sports out there! Another one of my favorite aspects thoughout the book were the personal tips and stories the author provided, I can completely relate to some of her experiences and thoughts on running, both funny and serious. I think this book is a great tool for all women runner's to use and I hope other women can benefit from it as much as I have!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, Oct. 30 2003

ARRAY(0xab7bad2c)

Runner's World Complete Book of Women's Running: The Best Advice to Get Started, Stay Motivated, Lose Weight, Run Injury-Free, Be Safe, and Train for Any Distance
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.43