5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, April 14 2014
Very good cannot wait to get to the next. In the series.
Like the writing style similar to the series house of night if you like that series you will like this one

5.0 out of 5 stars More revealing of the relationships between characters, March 16 2014
Laura Z (Kelowna, BC) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The initial constant recap was a bit tedious but beyond that, I really enjoyed this book. Rose has really developed as a character and the new plots add a lot to the storyline. I loved that this book had less gossip. I love that the dynamic between Rose and her mother is further explored. I like Adrian and I'm curious how his presence will change things in the next book. This book had me laughing out loud at some of his remarks. Definitely worth the read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Book two is as good as book one, Feb. 26 2014
Bootsy Bass (Winnipeg) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I am really enjoying this series. Book two is every bit as good as book one. It tends to lean a little more towards character development for a while....then BAM the last quarter is nothing but action. This book, and series, is so far very very good. Please Ms. Mead keep it going like this, unlike the way the Anita Blake series went after about book 9 or so.
Very well done. I am getting tons of enjoyment out of this series. ( and later nights then usual, meaning less sleep) lol

4.0 out of 5 stars Great second book, Feb. 18 2014
This review is from: Frostbite (Library Binding)
The world building in this book was so much more detailed the the first , the character development and relationships keep you gripped to your chair I read this book in one sitting. If this isn't on your TBR it needs to be ASAP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review from MajiBookshelf, Sept. 2 2013
This review is from: Frostbite: A Vampire Academy Novel (Paperback)
Frostbite immediately starts off like a roller coaster! We're back with Rose, her best friend Lisa, her teacher (or lover as well) Dimitri, and the other AWESOME characters in this AWESOME book! Yes, I think you'll see the word AWESOME many times in this review. The book starts off with this major Strigoi attack, that had many strong guardians and royal Moroi's killed as well. Not only was it a normal Strigoi attack, but it seems as though they also had some help. Help from humans, who can actually walk in day light. Shocked at this horrifying news, St. Vladimir's Academy is intent on taking extra precautions into the students safety. Christmas break soon, St. Vladimir's Academy decided to hold a ski trip, but this time, it's mandatory for all students to attend.
I loved the idea that all students, teacher, and guardians have to attend this trip together. St. Vladimir's Academy also decided to get a few famous guardians, one of them who was Rose's mother, to teach the students the importance of being a Guardian. It was interesting to see a bit of Rose's personal life. I don't think I ever much questioned her family that much, so it was rather cool to read about her actual mother. When they all left to the ski trip, you can say that's when the awesome stuff happened. Lisa and Christian were all lovey dovey, and that's when Rose started feeling a bit jealous and left out. There was also Mason, oh how I love you Mason. Funny guy Mason, who is also head over heels for Rose. They're so cute together that if Dimitri wasn't there, I would want them to get together. Speaking of Dimitri, I was disappointed that there wasn't much tension between the two (Rose and Dimitri, NOT Mason and Dimitri). Though there is this new character we meet, who made the love story a bit more interesting (JEALOUSYYY). Tasha, Christian's beautiful aunt, stays with them as well. Rose stars feeling very jealous when she see's how Tasha and Dimitri are so comfortable talking to each other, it makes me laugh inside. We also meet a new character here, and it's ADRIAN! Finally, after reading his name practically everywhere in the blogging community, I finally meet him! *SWOON*
Anyways, I don't want to write any spoilers, but I just have to say that this book was just awesome. The ending was a bit tragic for me though. Something entirely SHOCKING happened, that I just couldn't even fathom the idea. Other than that, I loved the characters. Rose really grew up in this book, and you can really see that. Richelle Mead is a GENIUS, and I don't think I'll ever NOT love a book she wrote. Definitely cannot wait to see what happens in the next book, Shadow Kiss!

4.0 out of 5 stars Frostbite, Feb. 16 2009
This review is from: Frostbite: A Vampire Academy Novel (Paperback)
This first book in the Vampire Academy novels is a good read for a teen interested in vampire fiction. The characters are easy to relate to, the story line is decent and the writing is pretty good.
The book doesn't capture the heart and imagination like the Twilight saga, but I still found myself caring about the characters and wanting to know how they make it through.
I found that Mead spent a great deal of time leading up to the climax, but little time on the ending. I think the book could really have benefit from a little more balance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first!, Jan. 6 2009
This review is from: Frostbite: A Vampire Academy Novel (Paperback)
Frostbite was so good, better than the first. And I've heard from my friend that the third is way better than this one so I can't wait to read it.

Frostbite didn't take that long to read but it was really intense the whole way through, especially the ending. Everyone at the Academy is going to a ski resort for the holidays hoping to be better protected after a family is found dead after being killed by a group of Strigoi. At the resort there's a mix of teenage problems that Lissa and Rose face as well as serious life and death problems that occur.

This was a really good sequal to the Vampire Academy and anyone who liked the first one has to read this. I loved it and so did a lot of my friends. Highly reccommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars 2nd book to a great series, Nov. 26 2010
This review is from: Frostbite: A Vampire Academy Novel (Paperback)
This one went a little slow for me. I wasn't totally into Rose's jealously issues but did things get interesting with the new addition of Adrian, the hot royal who is totally interested in Rose. Like she needed more guy troubles.

I really like the last few chapters of this novel. We got to know more about Rose, Christian, Mia, Mason and Eddie. I really like how all 5 of the worked together in order to achieve their goals. Richelle made me feel the pain that Rose felt throughout the book. My heart ached for her in more than one spot.

Please visit [...].

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sequel, keeps you interested for more..., Oct. 30 2010
Karoline (Richmond BC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frostbite: A Vampire Academy Novel (Paperback)
As in the first book, Rose steals the show in this one again. I'd have to say I have never read a dynamic and exciting character as her. Her off comments, her toughness, and her thoughts elicited either a chuckle, or a cheer from me. I'd say Rose will be one of my favorite characters ever, and one of the most enjoyable to read.

This time around, the plot was good, although not as intriguing or mysterious as the first one. It still had its interesting moments though, and I thought the storyline with Rose and her mother was done very well. I rather like how Rose played tough, especially in front of her mom (with rather painful results) and her mom is exactly the same way. However both of them also have a soft side to them which neither will show to one another. Their relationship is awkward and they often clash because of their strong personalities and despite this, there's a underlying deep respect. I thought Rose acted a little childish in this book though and it did get annoying in certain parts of the book. I'm glad Dimitri and her mother gave her a good telling off for her behavior however, how long it'll take for Rose to stay that way one can never tell.

I absolutely LOVE the tension between Rose and Dimitri in this book. Wow! you can most certainly feel it and the emotions they're feeling is plain to see. I absolutely love the way both of them are portrayed. Lissa and Christian make a great couple, although because they're in many ways 'perfect' for each other, I think they're not as exciting to read about than Rose and Dimitri. I am taking a liking to Lissa though, she's starting to develop into her own character and not always having to hang off Rose all the time. I'm really liking the fact that she's starting to go on her own and her personality is growing stronger. I'm hoping her character will get even more stronger in the next book.

The ending of this one was a bit of a shocker although shame on me for not seeing this one coming. I think Rose is about to overcome quite of few changes to her life. Whether that changes her personality, we'll see in the further books to come. There's isn't much of a cliffhanger ending, but the particular story arc finishes and you're basically prepared to read the next 'episode'.

This book focuses more on Rose's development, and it's written well. The main plot advances just enough to keep the reader entertained yet at the same time, wanting us to keep on reading this fantastic series.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, Sept. 12 2009
This review is from: Frostbite: A Vampire Academy Novel (Paperback)
I really have enjoyed this series and look forward to the 5th one that is coming out!

ARRAY(0xc1b16eb4)

Frostbite: A Vampire Academy Novel
Frostbite: A Vampire Academy Novel by Richelle Mead (Paperback - April 15 2008)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.89