5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff.
I must admit, I was pretty cautious when I first picked up Dave Ramsey's book The Total Money Makeover. It's not a particularly threatening book - it's just that the cover has a similar effect to receiving an unsolicited sales email. There is a picture of him staring into the camera with an all-knowing gaze. Everything is green and red and gold ' money, money, money. The...
Published on Jan. 15 2012 by Ken Francis

3.0 out of 5 stars Sigh... her we go again.
I was fairly critical of Ramsey's first book Financial Peace, stating in my review of that title that Mary Hunt's DEBT PROOF LIVING was better. I said Dave is good at inspiring you and has great ideas for getting out of debt, but Hunt does a much better job of HOW to do it. So, as a Dave Ramsey radio listener, I was excited to hear him say that this one gives us the...
Published on Jan. 23 2004 by storypage

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Common Sense for your Dollars and Cents, Nov. 17 2003
Dave has done it again. In his new book The Total Money Make Over Dave Ramsey explains and expands on the financial wisdom of "Baby Steps", get out of debt, live on less than you make, save money, and retire with dignity. If you liked Daves' first book Financial Peace (now revisited), you will love the Total Money Make Over. He gives tons of real life examples of how real people got out of debt and changed their lives.
My favorite saying "If you live like no one else, later you can live like no one else."
This is not a "high-brow", sophisticated, plan for how to invest $1 and make a million. This book is full of common sense ideas to save money, get out of debt, and win with money.
I encourage anyone to buy the book. If you want to learn more before you buy tune into Daves radio show, or listen to the archives at [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Motivation is the name of the game, Sept. 16 2003
Tyler (Murfreesboro, Tennessee USA) - See all my reviews
I must start by making it clear that I am, without apology, a Dave-o-phile. I can't get enough. Honestly, that's because of the impact he's had on my life.
Having read this and all of Dave's books (as well as the ones on his "recomended reading list"), I can honestly say that a lot of the folks who have written reviews here have really missed the point. No, this book doesn't have Dave giving a *NEW* way to become debt-free and wealthy because THERE AREN'T ANY OTHER WAYS TO BECOME DEBT FREE AND WEALTHY!!!
This book is inspiration. It's powerful, real life stories that make you want to go out and get it done! It's also a great way to get the information to folks who would normally never read anything financial... That is- It's not boring!
This is a perfect primer in getting control over your life. Don't miss this. It can change your life... If you'll let it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This will be a NY Times #1 Bestseller!, Aug. 23 2003
By A Customer
Dave Ramsey has hit another home run with Total Money Makeover. Readers will find the advice consistent with Financial Peace, his 1997 New York Times bestseller. I expect this one will land him #1 on the NY Times list. The layout is extremely well done. It includes some of Dave's "rants" and my favorite: Daveisms ("If you want to live like no one else, you gotta live like no one else!"). This is personal finance for the commom man. He avoids "high brow" language and keeps the "cookies on the bottom shelf". One of the more valuable aspects of the book is that it profiles 50 stories of real people who have done the Total Money Makeover. This is advice that works. It's the "Baby Steps" on steroids! I loved it. There is also a companion web site to actually do a Total Money Makeover online (...). How cool is that?

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!! We Tested It!!, June 11 2004
There are so many books on being financially set that you wonder if there can be another book that has the right principles. Almost like all those diet books out there.
I needed some help and knew of 10 other families in need of help also. So we gathered together and did a course of study using this book as our main textbook. The results???
EVERY family is doing much better financially 4 months after completion of our studies. I am referring to 10 different families with 10 different backgrounds!!!
My statement is that if it can work for this group there is no reason why it cannot work for you. The principles are simple to understand and therefore to follow. The key is learning how to really do a monthly budget with enough room to flow without choking through the month.
IT WORKS!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Back On The Right Track Financially, June 2 2004
This book can definitely change lives. Dave Ramsey provides a step by step "real life" approach to tackling your financial woes. I can't say enough good things about this book.
Are you sick of living paycheck to paycheck?
Are you tired of worrying about your retirement funds?
Are you in a financial mess?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need Dave Ramsey's "The Total Money Makeover". It is a great read. It has helped my family immensely; though we need to concentrate a little more in certain areas.
This book can teach you how to become debt-free in three to four years of sincere effort.
Well, what are you waiting for? Click the "BUY" button. It may be the best move you've ever made.
See ya next review.
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars The Total Money Makeover, Jan. 2 2004
How many books can "Truly" say they have changed someone's life? This book should be a must read for every high school senior to get them on the right financial path. Dave has a very simple step-by-step plan to financial freedom, no matter how much you earn or how old you are.
To supplement this book, listen to his great radio show. It again, has caller after caller you can learn from to help you and your family with your financial future. It has helped my wife, daughter and myself to be able to say, in 5 months, will be debt free, besides our house, following Dave's plan, thanks Dave!
I read a lot of book and can honestly say this book is one I will pass on to someone I truly care about. This book is a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff WORKS!!, Sept. 4 2003
By A Customer
For those smothered in Credit Card Debt, swimming in a huge mortgage, and living on the financial brink of disaster, this book will change you forever...BUT only if you are willing to follow it! For those who enjoy being normal (broke but looking good) there is now magic wand to make it all better. Just like losing weight, you have to choose to follow the plan. If you do, I can testify, it absolutely works. If you want some mumbo jumbo to overcomplicate the issue of beating debt and building wealth then this is not the book for you. If you want real common sense how to's that are proven by tens of thousands of other people then you have to get this book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you do this simple plan, it works EVERY SINGLE TIME!!, Sept. 4 2003
I can't say that for too many other methods to financial independence. Ramsey's advice is stuff that everyone one of us already knows - spend less than you make, save up for a rainy day, avoid any payments and give your money away.
The difference is this book gives you the motivation to actually work the plan. It is packed with something like 40 stories of people who have succeeded with Dave's plan. There are no financial secrets and no magic tricks in this book, just a great plan on how to turn things around.
If you want to know how to get out of debt, build wealth and change your family tree forever - The Total Money Makeover is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars CHANGE YOUR LIFE, Jan. 18 2004
By A Customer
THE BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ! I now worship Dave's principles. You cannot go another day without this book--it is the best thing you can do for yourself and/or your family. Most financial books (and radio talk-shows) talk about how to leverage your debt. Dave talks about how to NEVER have debt again and pay CASH. And I mean for everything including cars and houses. Sounds crazy, but with simple math he makes you realize how easy it can actually be! Financial Peace is a great one too (by Dave), but the Total Money Makeover is a "nuts and bolts" plan. GET IT! You will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, April 5 2013
This review is from: The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness (Hardcover)
I read this book before but didn't put it into practice for long and fell back into my old ways. After reading it the second time I realized I need to stay on this makeover. I would recommend it for all young couples and anyone wanting to retake control of their finances and give all the glory to God. He is our provider. He will never leave us nor forsake us.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey (Hardcover - Dec 29 2009)
Used & New from: CDN$ 13.19