countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Hardcover|Change

on March 17, 2016
Don't buy used, as everyone else says. Book is pretty good at assessing strengths, however I did read through the rest of the book and added a couple that weren't included. One thing I really don't like is that the online survey only lets you do it once! So if you aren't paying attention and some questions are skipped, you can't go back and re-do the survey. One time. I really think they should implement some way you can re-asses the survey maybe once a year or let you do it 2 times and it takes an average of the two. Not sure, just don't like the one try type of thing.

I did find it kinda creepy how accurate they were describing me. You really start to realize what you are strong at.
on March 21, 2014
You need a code that's in the book otherwise you can't complete the exercise. If the book is used the code will be used, strange thing is you can't buy the code from their website.

So don't buy this book used.
on November 30, 2015
SF2.0 is a fantastic tool for individuals and teams. If you haven't completed this assessment, you're missing out. Your strengths is where your opportunity to accelerate your life and your career lies. I have had my entire work team complete this tool and it has provided some tremendous insight as a leader. For leaders, I also highly recommend the companion book Strengths Based Leadership.
on August 13, 2009
This book has a unique code that lets you do a 30-minute talent test on their web site. After, just print the report to have your top 5 talents, with recommandations to further develop your talents. You'll want to, then, consult the book to get more info. about your own talents. At work, we decided to all get this book, do the test, (including our boss), and we each created our yearly professional development plan based on our unique talents rather than our weaknesses. (This exercise can be done with or without a consultant). So much more motivational !
on May 5, 2016
We order this for our Master Program students who are involved in Executive Coaching. This allows students to get a better understanding of their strengths and how to leverage them for maximum efficiency and productivity. I would recommend this to other looking for personal growth and development. The assessment takes about 45-60mins so make sure you have the time when you sit down at your computer.
on June 21, 2016
I have bought over 100 copies of this book to share in workshops, 1:1 coaching sessions along with "Now go discover your strengths" that gives you your full 34 themes. Very empowering once you identify with your strengths and how you can turn your thinking around from weaknesses to strengths. More positive and more empowering.... GREAT READ & DO!
on July 4, 2011
This books is one of the most impact full business books I've ever come across. Since I read it my personal business focus has not been the same.

Strengths Finder is a life-changing questionnaire and the answer to "who am I and what should I do" all wrapped into one resource. The book describes 37 strength "themes" that outline in great detail 37 types of strengths.

Natasha's 4 Favourite Things about the Book:

1. Each book comes with a personalized code that you use to access an online questionnaire. The quiz was thorough and complete and very thought provoking.

2. Each strength theme is amazingly detailed with suggestions for how to best use this particular gifting. I got so much clarity about how to brand myself after reading my top 5 themes.

3. Strength Finder 2.0 is not a personality test ' it is a "test" explaining what are your core capabilities.

4. It gives you total emotional freedom because you see in type who you are and just as importantly, who you are not.

If you've ever asked yourself the question "what am I great at? What should I be doing with my life?" Then this is the book for you.
on March 15, 2013
A solid resource for assessing individual skills in relation to a team. Just disappointing you had to purchase the book to complete the online questionnaire. There's got to be a better way to provide this kind of quality information for individuals & teams than making everyone buy a book of which they will probably only read 5 sections (the 5 skills the questionnaire identifies as your best). Nonetheless, it seems better than most personality profiles!
on May 14, 2016
I truly enjoyed this book, I was recommended to read it on behalf of my life coaching course but it truly helped me to see what my strengths are and how to use them to enhance my career! I loved the test that comes with this book and I believe it was extremely accurate !
You will probably find no head-snapping revelations in this book if you have already read Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman's First, Break All the Rules and/or Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton's Now, Discover Your Strengths (especially the latter). Nor does Tom Rath claim to offer any. Rather, this is a new and upgraded edition of the Gallup organization's previous online test (StrengthsFinder 1.0) that enables those who take it to identify and measure their talents relative to "more than 5,000 new personalized Strengths Insights that we have discovered in recent years."

In Rath's two previously published books, How Full Is Your Bucket? co-authored with Donald O. Clifton and Vital Friends, he shares his own reactions to an abundance of research data which reveals the importance of two separate but related forces which have profound impact on the workplace: getting strengths in alignment with work to be done and then developing them even more with strategic delegation and close supervision.

What we have in this book, Strengths Finder 2.0, is a wealth of new research material that Rath examines with exceptional precision and uncommon eloquence. I strongly encourage each reader to take full advantage of the self-diagnostic opportunities that both Rath and the Gallup organization generously offer. Of course, once various exercises are completed, a significant challenge remains: to take effective and productive action to apply what has been learned. It is helpful to be aware of what Jeffrey Pfeffer and Robert I. Sutton so aptly characterize as the "knowing-doing" and "doing-knowing" gaps. It is also helpful to recall Peter Drucker's observation more than 40 years ago: "There is surely nothing quite so useless as doing with great efficiency what should not be done at all."

Presumably Rath agrees that, more often than not, the Yoda is right: "Do or do not. There is no try."