summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry

Format: Hardcover|Change

on November 30, 2015
SF2.0 is a fantastic tool for individuals and teams. If you haven't completed this assessment, you're missing out. Your strengths is where your opportunity to accelerate your life and your career lies. I have had my entire work team complete this tool and it has provided some tremendous insight as a leader. For leaders, I also highly recommend the companion book Strengths Based Leadership.
on March 21, 2014
You need a code that's in the book otherwise you can't complete the exercise. If the book is used the code will be used, strange thing is you can't buy the code from their website.

So don't buy this book used.
on August 13, 2009
This book has a unique code that lets you do a 30-minute talent test on their web site. After, just print the report to have your top 5 talents, with recommandations to further develop your talents. You'll want to, then, consult the book to get more info. about your own talents. At work, we decided to all get this book, do the test, (including our boss), and we each created our yearly professional development plan based on our unique talents rather than our weaknesses. (This exercise can be done with or without a consultant). So much more motivational !
on July 4, 2011
This books is one of the most impact full business books I've ever come across. Since I read it my personal business focus has not been the same.

Strengths Finder is a life-changing questionnaire and the answer to "who am I and what should I do" all wrapped into one resource. The book describes 37 strength "themes" that outline in great detail 37 types of strengths.

Natasha's 4 Favourite Things about the Book:

1. Each book comes with a personalized code that you use to access an online questionnaire. The quiz was thorough and complete and very thought provoking.

2. Each strength theme is amazingly detailed with suggestions for how to best use this particular gifting. I got so much clarity about how to brand myself after reading my top 5 themes.

3. Strength Finder 2.0 is not a personality test ' it is a "test" explaining what are your core capabilities.

4. It gives you total emotional freedom because you see in type who you are and just as importantly, who you are not.

If you've ever asked yourself the question "what am I great at? What should I be doing with my life?" Then this is the book for you.
on March 15, 2013
A solid resource for assessing individual skills in relation to a team. Just disappointing you had to purchase the book to complete the online questionnaire. There's got to be a better way to provide this kind of quality information for individuals & teams than making everyone buy a book of which they will probably only read 5 sections (the 5 skills the questionnaire identifies as your best). Nonetheless, it seems better than most personality profiles!
You will probably find no head-snapping revelations in this book if you have already read Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman's First, Break All the Rules and/or Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton's Now, Discover Your Strengths (especially the latter). Nor does Tom Rath claim to offer any. Rather, this is a new and upgraded edition of the Gallup organization's previous online test (StrengthsFinder 1.0) that enables those who take it to identify and measure their talents relative to "more than 5,000 new personalized Strengths Insights that we have discovered in recent years."

In Rath's two previously published books, How Full Is Your Bucket? co-authored with Donald O. Clifton and Vital Friends, he shares his own reactions to an abundance of research data which reveals the importance of two separate but related forces which have profound impact on the workplace: getting strengths in alignment with work to be done and then developing them even more with strategic delegation and close supervision.

What we have in this book, Strengths Finder 2.0, is a wealth of new research material that Rath examines with exceptional precision and uncommon eloquence. I strongly encourage each reader to take full advantage of the self-diagnostic opportunities that both Rath and the Gallup organization generously offer. Of course, once various exercises are completed, a significant challenge remains: to take effective and productive action to apply what has been learned. It is helpful to be aware of what Jeffrey Pfeffer and Robert I. Sutton so aptly characterize as the "knowing-doing" and "doing-knowing" gaps. It is also helpful to recall Peter Drucker's observation more than 40 years ago: "There is surely nothing quite so useless as doing with great efficiency what should not be done at all."

Presumably Rath agrees that, more often than not, the Yoda is right: "Do or do not. There is no try."
on March 3, 2016
Excellent book to assist business professionals in undestanding their innate strenghts and help them build on these and be more effective.
Understanding your strengths helps you to stop wasting time trying to fix things that are hard to change and build on the positive skills and strengths you already possess.
on October 31, 2014
The survey resulted in a very detailed report which I believe reflects my personal preferences & strengths. I'm looking forward to using this information to plan my future. I'd recommend this book & survey to anyone seeking insights into where to focus their energy for personal development & happiness.
on August 17, 2015
This is without a doubt the worst motivational / inspirational book I've ever read. Caveat, I couldn't finish it it was so bad (so who knows maybe my life would have changed had I finished it all).

It starts off by telling the reader to forgo his dreams so as to pursue a path of least resistance in life (As though a life of least resistance meant a life full of meaning). The stories pitched to sell the idea were not necessarily factual. I.e. saying how Rudy is an outlier and had to work way too hard to get a few seconds' playing time at Notre Dame. First, if you ask Rudy if he would do it all over again, he'd probably say yes. Secondly, Rudy is not the only case of a short (physically disadvantaged) athlete playing professionally.

If I had read this book in High School I most definitely would not be where I am now. This book essentially tells you to stop fighting against adversity and go do something easier.

The book, in summary, just says "Focus on utilizing your strengths, and don't get caught up on your weaknesses." Mind blowing insight that.

Not to mention they make you pay for a one-time online code so you can take their personality test. So I couldn't even share this book with my friends if I found it useful (which I most certainly don't).
on February 16, 2011
I am a University student and have been struggling to find what to major in, because it true is a stepping stone to the job world. I was told by my father to read this book and that it would help me find my strengths instead of all the negatives my peers have been pointing out.
Strengthsfinder 2.0 was a saviour, allowed me to better understand myself, and how to put my strengths to use effectively.