4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent to motivate the whole team at work !
Published on Aug. 13 2009 by Funand Games

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book. Don't buy it used
You need a code that's in the book otherwise you can't complete the exercise. If the book is used the code will be used, strange thing is you can't buy the code from their website.

So don't buy this book used.
Published 7 months ago by Greg O.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent to motivate the whole team at work !, Aug. 13 2009
This review is from: StrengthsFinder 2.0: By the New York Times Bestselling Author of Wellbeing (Hardcover)
This book has a unique code that lets you do a 30-minute talent test on their web site. After, just print the report to have your top 5 talents, with recommandations to further develop your talents. You'll want to, then, consult the book to get more info. about your own talents. At work, we decided to all get this book, do the test, (including our boss), and we each created our yearly professional development plan based on our unique talents rather than our weaknesses. (This exercise can be done with or without a consultant). So much more motivational !

5.0 out of 5 stars The best resource I've used all year, July 4 2011
Natasha Golinsky (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This books is one of the most impact full business books I've ever come across. Since I read it my personal business focus has not been the same.

Strengths Finder is a life-changing questionnaire and the answer to "who am I and what should I do" all wrapped into one resource. The book describes 37 strength "themes" that outline in great detail 37 types of strengths.

Natasha's 4 Favourite Things about the Book:

1. Each book comes with a personalized code that you use to access an online questionnaire. The quiz was thorough and complete and very thought provoking.

2. Each strength theme is amazingly detailed with suggestions for how to best use this particular gifting. I got so much clarity about how to brand myself after reading my top 5 themes.

3. Strength Finder 2.0 is not a personality test ' it is a "test" explaining what are your core capabilities.

4. It gives you total emotional freedom because you see in type who you are and just as importantly, who you are not.

If you've ever asked yourself the question "what am I great at? What should I be doing with my life?" Then this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Mirror, mirror on the wall....", Feb. 3 2008
Robert Morris (Dallas, Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)
You will probably find no head-snapping revelations in this book if you have already read Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman's First, Break All the Rules and/or Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton's Now, Discover Your Strengths (especially the latter). Nor does Tom Rath claim to offer any. Rather, this is a new and upgraded edition of the Gallup organization's previous online test (StrengthsFinder 1.0) that enables those who take it to identify and measure their talents relative to "more than 5,000 new personalized Strengths Insights that we have discovered in recent years."

In Rath's two previously published books, How Full Is Your Bucket? co-authored with Donald O. Clifton and Vital Friends, he shares his own reactions to an abundance of research data which reveals the importance of two separate but related forces which have profound impact on the workplace: getting strengths in alignment with work to be done and then developing them even more with strategic delegation and close supervision.

What we have in this book, Strengths Finder 2.0, is a wealth of new research material that Rath examines with exceptional precision and uncommon eloquence. I strongly encourage each reader to take full advantage of the self-diagnostic opportunities that both Rath and the Gallup organization generously offer. Of course, once various exercises are completed, a significant challenge remains: to take effective and productive action to apply what has been learned. It is helpful to be aware of what Jeffrey Pfeffer and Robert I. Sutton so aptly characterize as the "knowing-doing" and "doing-knowing" gaps. It is also helpful to recall Peter Drucker's observation more than 40 years ago: "There is surely nothing quite so useless as doing with great efficiency what should not be done at all."

Presumably Rath agrees that, more often than not, the Yoda is right: "Do or do not. There is no try."

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book. Don't buy it used, March 21 2014

So don't buy this book used.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was helpful, Feb. 16 2011
I am a University student and have been struggling to find what to major in, because it true is a stepping stone to the job world. I was told by my father to read this book and that it would help me find my strengths instead of all the negatives my peers have been pointing out.
Strengthsfinder 2.0 was a saviour, allowed me to better understand myself, and how to put my strengths to use effectively.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good team building book, Aug. 16 2011
One time use book only, do not buy used!

To get the most value, everyone on your team will need a copy and complete the survey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Talents - A great starting point for getting to know yourself and what you might be currently good at., Sept. 7 2014
Find out what you are naturally good at and how you can leverage it.

I have used this book many times over the last 10 years. I have take the assessment at least 3 times and have found that my talents have shifted as I have invested in my own personal growth.

Tossing out my emotional baggage created the greatest shifts in my talents and my ability to develop new talents.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Resource, March 15 2013
Steven Ibbotson (Three Hills, AB Canada) - See all my reviews
A solid resource for assessing individual skills in relation to a team. Just disappointing you had to purchase the book to complete the online questionnaire. There's got to be a better way to provide this kind of quality information for individuals & teams than making everyone buy a book of which they will probably only read 5 sections (the 5 skills the questionnaire identifies as your best). Nonetheless, it seems better than most personality profiles!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, July 19 2010
S. Ruel (Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
L'information est excellente, le sondage en ligne est très utile et les recommandations sont très intéressantes aussi. Par contre le support papier est quelque peu inutile, toute l'information aurait pu être disponible en ligne.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for finding your strengths, May 30 2014
But you absolutely must take the quiz. The book on its own is worthless without the quiz! That's the only thing I didn't like, it makes it impossible to share with friends unless they also have taken the quiz.

I really like the supplementary materials.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›