Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store NFL Tools

StrengthsFinder 2.0: By the New York Times Bestselling Author of Wellbeing
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:$29.86+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on March 21, 2014
You need a code that's in the book otherwise you can't complete the exercise. If the book is used the code will be used, strange thing is you can't buy the code from their website.

So don't buy this book used.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This book has a unique code that lets you do a 30-minute talent test on their web site. After, just print the report to have your top 5 talents, with recommandations to further develop your talents. You'll want to, then, consult the book to get more info. about your own talents. At work, we decided to all get this book, do the test, (including our boss), and we each created our yearly professional development plan based on our unique talents rather than our weaknesses. (This exercise can be done with or without a consultant). So much more motivational !
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
You will probably find no head-snapping revelations in this book if you have already read Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman's First, Break All the Rules and/or Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton's Now, Discover Your Strengths (especially the latter). Nor does Tom Rath claim to offer any. Rather, this is a new and upgraded edition of the Gallup organization's previous online test (StrengthsFinder 1.0) that enables those who take it to identify and measure their talents relative to "more than 5,000 new personalized Strengths Insights that we have discovered in recent years."

In Rath's two previously published books, How Full Is Your Bucket? co-authored with Donald O. Clifton and Vital Friends, he shares his own reactions to an abundance of research data which reveals the importance of two separate but related forces which have profound impact on the workplace: getting strengths in alignment with work to be done and then developing them even more with strategic delegation and close supervision.

What we have in this book, Strengths Finder 2.0, is a wealth of new research material that Rath examines with exceptional precision and uncommon eloquence. I strongly encourage each reader to take full advantage of the self-diagnostic opportunities that both Rath and the Gallup organization generously offer. Of course, once various exercises are completed, a significant challenge remains: to take effective and productive action to apply what has been learned. It is helpful to be aware of what Jeffrey Pfeffer and Robert I. Sutton so aptly characterize as the "knowing-doing" and "doing-knowing" gaps. It is also helpful to recall Peter Drucker's observation more than 40 years ago: "There is surely nothing quite so useless as doing with great efficiency what should not be done at all."

Presumably Rath agrees that, more often than not, the Yoda is right: "Do or do not. There is no try."
on July 4, 2011
This books is one of the most impact full business books I've ever come across. Since I read it my personal business focus has not been the same.

Strengths Finder is a life-changing questionnaire and the answer to "who am I and what should I do" all wrapped into one resource. The book describes 37 strength "themes" that outline in great detail 37 types of strengths.

Natasha's 4 Favourite Things about the Book:

1. Each book comes with a personalized code that you use to access an online questionnaire. The quiz was thorough and complete and very thought provoking.

2. Each strength theme is amazingly detailed with suggestions for how to best use this particular gifting. I got so much clarity about how to brand myself after reading my top 5 themes.

3. Strength Finder 2.0 is not a personality test ' it is a "test" explaining what are your core capabilities.

4. It gives you total emotional freedom because you see in type who you are and just as importantly, who you are not.

If you've ever asked yourself the question "what am I great at? What should I be doing with my life?" Then this is the book for you.
on August 17, 2015
This is without a doubt the worst motivational / inspirational book I've ever read. Caveat, I couldn't finish it it was so bad (so who knows maybe my life would have changed had I finished it all).

It starts off by telling the reader to forgo his dreams so as to pursue a path of least resistance in life (As though a life of least resistance meant a life full of meaning). The stories pitched to sell the idea were not necessarily factual. I.e. saying how Rudy is an outlier and had to work way too hard to get a few seconds' playing time at Notre Dame. First, if you ask Rudy if he would do it all over again, he'd probably say yes. Secondly, Rudy is not the only case of a short (physically disadvantaged) athlete playing professionally.

If I had read this book in High School I most definitely would not be where I am now. This book essentially tells you to stop fighting against adversity and go do something easier.

The book, in summary, just says "Focus on utilizing your strengths, and don't get caught up on your weaknesses." Mind blowing insight that.

Not to mention they make you pay for a one-time online code so you can take their personality test. So I couldn't even share this book with my friends if I found it useful (which I most certainly don't).
on February 16, 2011
I am a University student and have been struggling to find what to major in, because it true is a stepping stone to the job world. I was told by my father to read this book and that it would help me find my strengths instead of all the negatives my peers have been pointing out.
Strengthsfinder 2.0 was a saviour, allowed me to better understand myself, and how to put my strengths to use effectively.
on March 15, 2013
A solid resource for assessing individual skills in relation to a team. Just disappointing you had to purchase the book to complete the online questionnaire. There's got to be a better way to provide this kind of quality information for individuals & teams than making everyone buy a book of which they will probably only read 5 sections (the 5 skills the questionnaire identifies as your best). Nonetheless, it seems better than most personality profiles!
on October 31, 2014
The survey resulted in a very detailed report which I believe reflects my personal preferences & strengths. I'm looking forward to using this information to plan my future. I'd recommend this book & survey to anyone seeking insights into where to focus their energy for personal development & happiness.
on May 23, 2013
Rath has done a great job compiling a wealth of information into a handy and easy to use guide.
The research is solid and the included test straightforward.
It took a few days of pondering to see where the 5 strengths I was presented with fit, which I think is part of helpfulness.
One in particular surprised me, as I thought I would have a higher score in a different area.
I further appreciated the little testimonials from people in different fields who talked about how they apply their strengths in different ways.
By making adjustments (rather than wholesale changes) we can more readily employ our strengths.
I think this book and inventory will be helpful for people making decisions about their future, as well as people seeking more fulfillment in their current occupations.

I highly recommend it!
on May 28, 2013
I was exposed to Strengths Finder at my previous employer, where I also had the opportunity to learn how to create personal strengths statements based on my top 5 strength themes, as populated from Strengths Finder. I have been able to use these to create a life I love, with a job that challenges me. Now, in my new position at a new company, I have rolled this out to the team I work with and am working with them in creating a strengths based organization. It brings any workplace beyond the typical environment, adding a new level of conversation, sharing and teamwork. Don't just buy it and take the assessment, use it, it's a great tool! TIP: look up 'trombone player wanted' on you tube, there are 6 short videos to assist you and your team with using this as a great tool.