4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent to motivate the whole team at work !
Published on Aug. 13 2009 by Funand Games

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book. Don't buy it used
You need a code that's in the book otherwise you can't complete the exercise. If the book is used the code will be used, strange thing is you can't buy the code from their website.

So don't buy this book used.
Published 25 days ago by Greg O.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent to motivate the whole team at work !, Aug. 13 2009
This review is from: Strengthsfinder 2.0: From the Author of the Bestseller Wellbeing (Hardcover)
This book has a unique code that lets you do a 30-minute talent test on their web site. After, just print the report to have your top 5 talents, with recommandations to further develop your talents. You'll want to, then, consult the book to get more info. about your own talents. At work, we decided to all get this book, do the test, (including our boss), and we each created our yearly professional development plan based on our unique talents rather than our weaknesses. (This exercise can be done with or without a consultant). So much more motivational !

5.0 out of 5 stars The best resource I've used all year, July 4 2011
Natasha Golinsky (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
This books is one of the most impact full business books I've ever come across. Since I read it my personal business focus has not been the same.

Strengths Finder is a life-changing questionnaire and the answer to "who am I and what should I do" all wrapped into one resource. The book describes 37 strength "themes" that outline in great detail 37 types of strengths.

Natasha's 4 Favourite Things about the Book:

1. Each book comes with a personalized code that you use to access an online questionnaire. The quiz was thorough and complete and very thought provoking.

2. Each strength theme is amazingly detailed with suggestions for how to best use this particular gifting. I got so much clarity about how to brand myself after reading my top 5 themes.

3. Strength Finder 2.0 is not a personality test ' it is a "test" explaining what are your core capabilities.

4. It gives you total emotional freedom because you see in type who you are and just as importantly, who you are not.

If you've ever asked yourself the question "what am I great at? What should I be doing with my life?" Then this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Mirror, mirror on the wall....", Feb. 3 2008
Robert Morris (Dallas, Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)    (REAL NAME)
You will probably find no head-snapping revelations in this book if you have already read Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman's First, Break All the Rules and/or Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton's Now, Discover Your Strengths (especially the latter). Nor does Tom Rath claim to offer any. Rather, this is a new and upgraded edition of the Gallup organization's previous online test (StrengthsFinder 1.0) that enables those who take it to identify and measure their talents relative to "more than 5,000 new personalized Strengths Insights that we have discovered in recent years."

In Rath's two previously published books, How Full Is Your Bucket? co-authored with Donald O. Clifton and Vital Friends, he shares his own reactions to an abundance of research data which reveals the importance of two separate but related forces which have profound impact on the workplace: getting strengths in alignment with work to be done and then developing them even more with strategic delegation and close supervision.

What we have in this book, Strengths Finder 2.0, is a wealth of new research material that Rath examines with exceptional precision and uncommon eloquence. I strongly encourage each reader to take full advantage of the self-diagnostic opportunities that both Rath and the Gallup organization generously offer. Of course, once various exercises are completed, a significant challenge remains: to take effective and productive action to apply what has been learned. It is helpful to be aware of what Jeffrey Pfeffer and Robert I. Sutton so aptly characterize as the "knowing-doing" and "doing-knowing" gaps. It is also helpful to recall Peter Drucker's observation more than 40 years ago: "There is surely nothing quite so useless as doing with great efficiency what should not be done at all."

Presumably Rath agrees that, more often than not, the Yoda is right: "Do or do not. There is no try."

5.0 out of 5 stars It was helpful, Feb. 16 2011
I am a University student and have been struggling to find what to major in, because it true is a stepping stone to the job world. I was told by my father to read this book and that it would help me find my strengths instead of all the negatives my peers have been pointing out.
Strengthsfinder 2.0 was a saviour, allowed me to better understand myself, and how to put my strengths to use effectively.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, April 14 2014
It is a great book I recommended to at least 10 more friends and family. Very accurate. Great for tram building.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book. Don't buy it used, March 21 2014

So don't buy this book used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful Tool, Jan. 10 2014
This book is very short and easy to utilize. There is a number of people out there that I have met that suggest using this book as a resource to finding your personal strengths and I found it to be quite accurate. I would suggest anybody looking to change themselves or career path to start with strengths finder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Sept. 30 2013
Great read. Survey was very eye-opening and surprisingly accurate. I would recommend this book for people to read on both a personal and professional level.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mandatory read for all managers and new hires, Sept. 30 2013
Great process. It even makes it more interesting when you overlay key people within your organization in a scatter chart. It quickly identifies weaknesses and where the potential for synergy and conflict can occur.

5.0 out of 5 stars Necessary tool for creating a Strengths based organization, May 28 2013
I was exposed to Strengths Finder at my previous employer, where I also had the opportunity to learn how to create personal strengths statements based on my top 5 strength themes, as populated from Strengths Finder. I have been able to use these to create a life I love, with a job that challenges me. Now, in my new position at a new company, I have rolled this out to the team I work with and am working with them in creating a strengths based organization. It brings any workplace beyond the typical environment, adding a new level of conversation, sharing and teamwork. Don't just buy it and take the assessment, use it, it's a great tool! TIP: look up 'trombone player wanted' on you tube, there are 6 short videos to assist you and your team with using this as a great tool.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›