march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports SmartSaver Tools Registry

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on November 30, 2015
SF2.0 is a fantastic tool for individuals and teams. If you haven't completed this assessment, you're missing out. Your strengths is where your opportunity to accelerate your life and your career lies. I have had my entire work team complete this tool and it has provided some tremendous insight as a leader. For leaders, I also highly recommend the companion book Strengths Based Leadership.
on July 4, 2011
This books is one of the most impact full business books I've ever come across. Since I read it my personal business focus has not been the same.

Strengths Finder is a life-changing questionnaire and the answer to "who am I and what should I do" all wrapped into one resource. The book describes 37 strength "themes" that outline in great detail 37 types of strengths.

Natasha's 4 Favourite Things about the Book:

1. Each book comes with a personalized code that you use to access an online questionnaire. The quiz was thorough and complete and very thought provoking.

2. Each strength theme is amazingly detailed with suggestions for how to best use this particular gifting. I got so much clarity about how to brand myself after reading my top 5 themes.

3. Strength Finder 2.0 is not a personality test ' it is a "test" explaining what are your core capabilities.

4. It gives you total emotional freedom because you see in type who you are and just as importantly, who you are not.

If you've ever asked yourself the question "what am I great at? What should I be doing with my life?" Then this is the book for you.
You will probably find no head-snapping revelations in this book if you have already read Marcus Buckingham and Curt Coffman's First, Break All the Rules and/or Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton's Now, Discover Your Strengths (especially the latter). Nor does Tom Rath claim to offer any. Rather, this is a new and upgraded edition of the Gallup organization's previous online test (StrengthsFinder 1.0) that enables those who take it to identify and measure their talents relative to "more than 5,000 new personalized Strengths Insights that we have discovered in recent years."

In Rath's two previously published books, How Full Is Your Bucket? co-authored with Donald O. Clifton and Vital Friends, he shares his own reactions to an abundance of research data which reveals the importance of two separate but related forces which have profound impact on the workplace: getting strengths in alignment with work to be done and then developing them even more with strategic delegation and close supervision.

What we have in this book, Strengths Finder 2.0, is a wealth of new research material that Rath examines with exceptional precision and uncommon eloquence. I strongly encourage each reader to take full advantage of the self-diagnostic opportunities that both Rath and the Gallup organization generously offer. Of course, once various exercises are completed, a significant challenge remains: to take effective and productive action to apply what has been learned. It is helpful to be aware of what Jeffrey Pfeffer and Robert I. Sutton so aptly characterize as the "knowing-doing" and "doing-knowing" gaps. It is also helpful to recall Peter Drucker's observation more than 40 years ago: "There is surely nothing quite so useless as doing with great efficiency what should not be done at all."

Presumably Rath agrees that, more often than not, the Yoda is right: "Do or do not. There is no try."
on March 3, 2016
Excellent book to assist business professionals in undestanding their innate strenghts and help them build on these and be more effective.
Understanding your strengths helps you to stop wasting time trying to fix things that are hard to change and build on the positive skills and strengths you already possess.
on October 31, 2014
The survey resulted in a very detailed report which I believe reflects my personal preferences & strengths. I'm looking forward to using this information to plan my future. I'd recommend this book & survey to anyone seeking insights into where to focus their energy for personal development & happiness.
on February 16, 2011
I am a University student and have been struggling to find what to major in, because it true is a stepping stone to the job world. I was told by my father to read this book and that it would help me find my strengths instead of all the negatives my peers have been pointing out.
Strengthsfinder 2.0 was a saviour, allowed me to better understand myself, and how to put my strengths to use effectively.
on May 28, 2013
I was exposed to Strengths Finder at my previous employer, where I also had the opportunity to learn how to create personal strengths statements based on my top 5 strength themes, as populated from Strengths Finder. I have been able to use these to create a life I love, with a job that challenges me. Now, in my new position at a new company, I have rolled this out to the team I work with and am working with them in creating a strengths based organization. It brings any workplace beyond the typical environment, adding a new level of conversation, sharing and teamwork. Don't just buy it and take the assessment, use it, it's a great tool! TIP: look up 'trombone player wanted' on you tube, there are 6 short videos to assist you and your team with using this as a great tool.
on January 10, 2014
This book is very short and easy to utilize. There is a number of people out there that I have met that suggest using this book as a resource to finding your personal strengths and I found it to be quite accurate. I would suggest anybody looking to change themselves or career path to start with strengths finder.
on August 16, 2011
One time use book only, do not buy used!

To get the most value, everyone on your team will need a copy and complete the survey.
on May 5, 2015
Not a long book which is nice. It's a good companion as you are looking to expand your understanding the various strength that exists. Particularly if you are planning on using this help grow your team members by focusing on their strengths.