Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

Format: PaperbackChange

on July 18, 2011
I've always heard Clamp have done really good manga. I've never read anything from Clamp before but I did remember when I was a kid, I loved watching Cardcaptors, an anime that usually came on TV. So I decided to buy the manga, but sadly it was out of print! After looking - for quite a while- I found that Dark Horse publishing had released an omnibus of the manga. The omnibus has the first four manga volumes in it, which I thought was a good deal for twenty dollars.

When Sakura finds a strange book in her father's library, she discovers that it contains dangerous spirits sealed within cards - but after she opened the book all the cards were released. With the help of Cerberus, the guardian of the cards, she has to recapture all the cards before they cause chaos to the human world.

When I read this manga it really made me remember my childhood when I used to watch the show. The plot is very original and intriguing that it keeps you wanting to continue to read. This manga is a very light read as it's targeted at young girls.

I loved the illustrations for this manga Clamp has a unique style when drawing their characters and the clothes are so elaborate.

The characters are also interesting to read - there's Sakura, who loves sports and is a bit naive but she's a kind girl. Tomoyo, Sakura's best friend who designs all her outfits that she insists Sakura wears before capturing the cards. Syaoran, he's a hotheaded cardcapator and Sakura's rival. Toya - Sakura's older brother who loves to tease her. And Yukito Toya's gentle best friend who Sakura has a small crush on.

I'll describe this manga as a cute and fluffy read with a great imaginative story line - like many of Clamps work. I highly recommend that you should try this series and if your a fan of Clamp or Cardcaptors than this is a must have. Omnibus volume 2 will be released in August 2, 2011 which I will be purchasing as soon as it comes out.

The omnibus also includes a lot of colored pages
on November 12, 2015
I had watched the Japanese series a while back and always enjoyed the overall story which is why I wanted to buy the manga for my collection. I'm glad they came out with these Omnibus volumes since they are a lot more convenient for me to collect and since I'm grabbing the digital copy, I don't really have issues with binding that some may have with these overstuffed volumes.
CLAMP is definitely one of my more favoured artist groups and their art style is beautifully done in this series. The amount of detail and the cute character designs just adds to the overall appeal of this series. What threw me off however was the disjointed reasons for events in the manga in comparison to the anime. I found that the anime actually did a better job in reasoning out events and actions that take place in the storyline. This might be an expected pattern with CLAMP since Angelic Layer was very similar in this regard.
At the end of the day, I still enjoy the overall story and look forward to seeing how different their stories are portrayed from manga to anime.
on October 22, 2015
Great book, decent value. Makes a perfect gift for children. However, when it arrived in the mail the first page was mildly crumpled due to shipping. I think more could have been done to keep the book in better visible condition.
on December 10, 2013
ah! just like the anime series from the 90s for all the 90s kids!
great condition and just as i remember! just amazing!
on May 29, 2015
gorgeously redone, any collector or fans must-have