5.0 out of 5 stars A Charming Read, July 18 2011
Fantasys Ink (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus Volume 1 (Paperback)
I've always heard Clamp have done really good manga. I've never read anything from Clamp before but I did remember when I was a kid, I loved watching Cardcaptors, an anime that usually came on TV. So I decided to buy the manga, but sadly it was out of print! After looking - for quite a while- I found that Dark Horse publishing had released an omnibus of the manga. The omnibus has the first four manga volumes in it, which I thought was a good deal for twenty dollars.

When Sakura finds a strange book in her father's library, she discovers that it contains dangerous spirits sealed within cards - but after she opened the book all the cards were released. With the help of Cerberus, the guardian of the cards, she has to recapture all the cards before they cause chaos to the human world.

When I read this manga it really made me remember my childhood when I used to watch the show. The plot is very original and intriguing that it keeps you wanting to continue to read. This manga is a very light read as it's targeted at young girls.

I loved the illustrations for this manga Clamp has a unique style when drawing their characters and the clothes are so elaborate.

The characters are also interesting to read - there's Sakura, who loves sports and is a bit naive but she's a kind girl. Tomoyo, Sakura's best friend who designs all her outfits that she insists Sakura wears before capturing the cards. Syaoran, he's a hotheaded cardcapator and Sakura's rival. Toya - Sakura's older brother who loves to tease her. And Yukito Toya's gentle best friend who Sakura has a small crush on.

I'll describe this manga as a cute and fluffy read with a great imaginative story line - like many of Clamps work. I highly recommend that you should try this series and if your a fan of Clamp or Cardcaptors than this is a must have. Omnibus volume 2 will be released in August 2, 2011 which I will be purchasing as soon as it comes out.

The omnibus also includes a lot of colored pages

5.0 out of 5 stars card caper sakura col 1, Dec 10 2013
This review is from: Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus Volume 1 (Paperback)
ah! just like the anime series from the 90s for all the 90s kids!
great condition and just as i remember! just amazing!

ARRAY(0xb8b18138)

Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus Volume 1
Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus Volume 1 by CLAMP (Paperback - Nov. 2 2010)
CDN$ 24.99 CDN$ 15.74