5.0 out of 5 stars Scoop and Dr. Horrible And Other Horrible Stories! With Singing!!, Feb. 20 2015
Scoopriches (Toronto, Ontario) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dr. Horrible (Kindle Edition)
Some time ago the internet exploded with something wonderful and fun and beautiful.

That's right, Dr. Horrible Sing-Along Blog took over the world and made us better for it.

Except that I was an idiot and did not watch it till several years later. That's when I caught up with every other geek.

And still catching up!

At a FanExpo or so ago I scored a copy of Dr. Horrible And Other Horrible Stories, a graphic novel collecting a bunch of short stories all taking place in the wonderful world of horrible.

Dr. Horrible, by the way, is about a super villain fighting a super hero and how the love of a girl comes between them. It premiered online and starred Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion, and Felicia Day and was directed by the legendary Joss Whedon. And it has lots of singing.

Now the Dr. Horrible comic before me features stories written by Zack Whedon and with art by Eric Canete, Farel Dalrymple, Jim Rugg, Joelle Jones, and Scott Hepburn.

As for the stories themselves, well let take a note from Joss's songbook and spend a paragraph or so telling you about each story.

In Song!

Captain Hammer: Be Like Me

(to the tune of Bunnies from Buffy Once More With Feeling)

I'm a jerk!

I'm a jerk!

I am a very judgmental jerk!

Moist: Humidity Rising

(to the tune of I've Got A Theory from Buffy Once More With Feeling)

I've got powers, because my father screwed up.

And because of that my life is yucky.

But one day I meet someone new.

Next thing you know I am a henchmen and all is wonderful and great and my power have a purpose.

Penny: Keep Your Head Up

(to the tune of Walk Through The Fire from, you guessed it, Buffy Once More With Feeling)

I help the world and it ignores me.

On and on and on.

Why do I try?

My life and world should be better.

I want it all to be right.

The Evil League Of Evil

(to the tune of If We're Together from Buffy Once More With Feeling, which is prob very shocking right now)

What part of the city can we not destroy?

Evil is our calling card and the heroes are away.

No one can stop us

Not even this new guy.

But which side is he on?

Dr. Horrible

(to the tune of Going Through The Motions from Buffy Once More With Feeling, a pattern I trust you figured out by now)

All the time

Dealing with idiots.

Who know less than nothing.

And now I can make a lasting difference.

Except for that hero!

Except for Captain Hammer!

And that is it for my crazed look at Dr. Horrible And Other Stories! Great wonderful tales, some that interconnect, and others that fill in backstory, and all a blast!

Plus, to the tune of The Mustard...

They did an amazing Introduction!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, April 20 2011
This review is from: Dr. Horrible (Paperback)
This is a totally fun read. The book includes about 4 or 5 short comic book stories featuring characters from Dr. Horrible. Each fills in some of the back story of the different character.
No singing though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Admittedly short but worth every penny., July 18 2012
Toban_Frost (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dr. Horrible (Paperback)
This is a short collection of short stories printed throughout Dark Horse Presents. They're fun, they're well written, and serve as decent back stories for the the musical of the same name. Yes, it's only 80 pages, but it's sure to entertain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great graphic novel, Great gift, Feb. 21 2013
This review is from: Dr. Horrible (Paperback)
This product arrived on time and in perfect condition. I bought it for my girlfriend for Valentine's Day - our relationship has a connection to the movie. She was super excited and said it was the "nerdiest, most awesome present ever".

5.0 out of 5 stars Back-story, Awesomeness and Great Graphics!, Oct. 20 2010
This review is from: Dr. Horrible (Paperback)
These short stories help paint a better picture of the Whedon/Horrible world.
The writing is fantastic and funny, the graphics are awesome and it's just really fun to be back in the lives of these terrific characters. Definitely an A+!

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable graphic novel, Sept. 10 2014
This review is from: Dr. Horrible (Paperback)
This comic book is a great little read! I highly recommend reading and enjoying it if you already love the short film.

5.0 out of 5 stars A HUGE Dr. Horrible fan, Nov. 1 2014
This review is from: Dr. Horrible (Paperback)
I am a HUGE Dr. Horrible fan and had to buy this. It did not dissapoint. A great read with awesome art

Dr. Horrible
Dr. Horrible by Zack Whedon (Paperback - Sept. 21 2010)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.92