Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(2 star).Show all reviews
on October 3, 2004
I've been a fan of Laurell K. Hamilton since I first picked up Guilty Pleasures over ten years ago. But with her newest novel I have to say she's lost me as a reader. Over the last few books Mrs. Hamilton has focused more on sex and less on plot. Her latest book Incubus Dreams is now 95% sex, and 5% plot. Anita is now sleeping with 6 people on a regular basis, and a couple more on a not so regular basis. I don't mind sex in the books that I read, but if I wanted to read a book that is all sex I'd of picked up a book out of the erotica section. This book is supposed to be about a vampire serial killer. That plot line is barely touched on in this book at all, and it's conclusion is not particularly satisfying. Suffice to say, If I decide to read her next book I'll take it out of the library first.
Save your money.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2014
I love the Anita Blake serie, I have read all of them, in order, because I wanted to fully understand the references from one book to the next. I generally read detective/ thriller books, and I really enjoyed the added paranormal aspect to this serie. But this book? I haven't quite finished it yet, but it is one sex scene after another, oral sex, threesome, very descriptive. There were some sex scenes in the other books, descriptive enough, but this is a bit too much, and really does depict Anita as a slut, ardeur or not. There are no whodunit as there was in all the other books, or if there is, it is sort of an afterthought, for something to do between the sex scenes. I hope this book was an exception!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse