4.0 out of 5 stars Art at The Speed of Life
Published on April 19 2011 by Donna

1.0 out of 5 stars Meh
I haven't gotten much use out of this silly, fart-in-the-clouds art book. It's sort of the art book parallel of Oprah telling you to love yourself every Wednesday at 4 pm. Say what? Tell me something real. Inspire me with authentic ideas, not craft crap.

I'll probably re-gift this.
Published 8 months ago by nv

4.0 out of 5 stars Art at The Speed of Life, April 19 2011
This review is from: Art at the Speed of Life: motivation + inspiration for making mixed-media art every day (Paperback)
I love this book! Pam entices you to rethink your artist endeavors with a whole new mindset. There are tips from Pam and other artists for defeating clutter, setting priorities and making time for art. I really liked the sketchbook project that is divided into daily tasks, easy for the busiest artist to accomplish. The pages are colourful and appealing. Also, I found the variety of mixed media art projects from other artists enticing. It is an excellent book for beginners and accomplished artists. My only criticism is that I wish there were more pages.

1.0 out of 5 stars Meh, Dec 19 2013

I'll probably re-gift this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, Aug. 11 2012
What a great book!
Very inspirational and happy to have bought it
Book was just what I needed to create that inspiration I was looking for

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, April 14 2011
Meaghan Vallee "Ms.Bonafyde" (Montreal, PQ Canada) - See all my reviews
This is exactly the type of book I adore! Chock full of visual inspiration, wonderful projects/techniques to inspire and add to ones repertoire, great tips and antedotes from other artists and an all around tone that says "you can be an artist!" there will something for everyone in this beautiful book. I am extremely happy about my purchase! Thank you Pam for creating such a gem!

***it should be noted that my book arrived a bit damaged due to the emense weight of all the other books I ordered , the corner spine was destroyed, a bit of a bummer, I didn't bother exchanging it though...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspiring and motivating book, June 28 2011
Pam Carriker is an amazing artist and I am so grateful that she has shared some of her techniques in her very inspiring book Art at the Speed of Life. I had trouble putting the book down once I got it, just wanted to devour it all in one sitting and I am looking forward to trying the various projects that she has provided, which include great instructions. I absolutely love this book and know I will refer back to it many times in the future. I highly recommend it to anyone that loves art journalling, collage and mixed media.

5.0 out of 5 stars Art at the Speed of Life: Motivation and Inspiration for making Mixed-Media art every day., May 4 2011
I am very pleased with the speed of delivery and the excellent condition of this item. The ideas in the book are creative, and the directions are easy to follow. I would recommend this book to other aspiring artists who are willing to experiment with mixed-media, get out of the box and have fun!

CDN$ 25.50 CDN$ 15.99