Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage pinata Cook Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(1 star)show all reviews
on August 9, 2015
Great book, until you find out its all junk, cherry picked information that has been debunked. Sad. I really wanted to believe, but... sigh. Anyways, I have made some changes and cut a lot of meat out. We can't trust anybody.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This book is too close to the truth, and will alienate the drug companies and the food marketing industry. How will shareholders maximize their profits if consumers know that the food they eat is killing them. Not fair to corporations!!!

I use the data from this book as input for my company PEERPERFORMANCE.CA. In fact, it was a major inspiration for starting this Employee Health and Productivity company. When I bought the book, I already new that much of the food out there was unhealthy, but it was amazing to read how much science and data there is out there supporting it. My Mom read Fit for Life (very similar viewpoint) many years ago, and has followed that diet pretty much ever since, and she is fit as a fiddle at 63. It is difficult to wade through the conflicting information out there, which is why I try to stick to foods that are natural, and not in any way processed, and do not have salt or sugar or preservatives added. Whole foods and vegetables are by far the best foods out there. Since I read the book, I have almost completely eliminated meat and milk and milk by products from my diet. I feel so much better!!!
on July 7, 2012
I began reading this book with an open mind expecting to be enlightened through scientifically backed studies.

However, soon it become apparent that the author's agenda was not to inform via statistical analysis, but to push his own agenda using sarcasm and offensive tactics, at best. After reading his 'quote' from a unreliable source, wrongly stating that Dr. Robert Atkins died of 'heart disease' and referring to him as a "snake oil salesman", I threw the book in the garbage. There was no point in finishing it.

This author was unable to present his findings based on correctly reported statistical data without misleading quotes and slamming others in the medical profession....a disappointing read.
on September 19, 2009
This book did not live up to the hype. Predominantly it is opinion based. There is paucity of 'science' and what little there is, is cherry picked to support the author's point of view. It seemed like half the book was about extolling Campbell's credentials. I guess the idea is that you're supposed to think he's so brilliant and academic that the rest of us can just trust his analysis of the data and blindly accept his conclusions. I completely agree with this in depth critique[...].
One of the best books on diet I have read recently is Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taube. If you're really interested in the science, pick this one. It's 1000 times better than The China Study.
on March 26, 2010
The purpose of this book is to convince you to become Vegan. To do this it lists numerous studies but it only discusses those parts of the study that would encourage you to give up meat and all animal products. It seems only to give a small part of the over all picture. Furthermore, there is little discussion on the China Study itself.
The book is well written and very convincing. If you do chose to read it, do a thourough internet search to see the numerous flaws that other researchers discuss.
The China study attacks books that do not base their premise with good research. To my mind this is just another of those books, even though they quote parts of research that has been done.