Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

on November 23, 2010
Larry Flynt is my hero seriously. After watching THE PEOPLE VS. LARRY FLYNT numerous times I have concluded that. So that's why I read this book. And I really really liked it.

I'm Canadian but I find The First Amendment very VERY important to America even so. Larry Flynt has spent his whole career defending that Amendment. He even took a bullet for it and is now parallyzed from the waist-down.

I'm a very firm believer in freedom of speech and the importance of it. This book, to me, was a triumph. There were so many legal battles and issues Mr. Flynt went through but later found victory in the Spreme Court case of Flynt vs. Jerry Falwell.

It's so ridiculous how driven authorities and people are to 'protect' us from what they see as 'explicit'. But we cannot restrict reality. And still today censorship is still an issue and we still need to work hard for our freedom.

This book is one of theg best I've read so far this year. I reccomend it to anyone who believes in the freedom of unpopular speech.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse