4.0 out of 5 stars 4 and 1/2 star rating
This book is really the second edition of her first book "A Beginners Guide to Day Trading". The content is about 80-90% the same, although the descriptions and charts are new. There are a few new pointers in the book. The discussions on intraday and level II displays have been mostly eliminated.
If you are a beginner trader who wants a good foundation,...
Published on Jan. 9 2002 by Sunny Reader

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a serious book.
You can find a lot of books that explain much much better than this one the market indicators. This is a book that I will never read again. I think the writter did not invest enough paitence while writting the book.
Published on July 26 2003 by gvassalia

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 and 1/2 star rating, Jan. 9 2002
If you are a beginner trader who wants a good foundation, this is the book to get. Ms. Turner's discussions are methodical and inclusive. Plus it is easy to read and has humor. Obviously she is an good teacher. The amount of topics covered for the price is a bargain.
If you already read her first book, it's up to you. Most of the concepts are the same. But there are few extra pointers, and it doesn't hurt to go over all concepts (for a beginner like myself) since there is a lot covered in the book.
My only gripe is that the new money management chapter was a bit under emphasized. I feel this topic is very important to the longevity of traders. But at least she covers the topic.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a serious book., July 26 2003
I guess it is like " -Ok, it is time to make money, so let us print the book, so let us write something people can read, no matter what, they will read it any way".
The books I liked were:
"Reminiscense of a Stock Operator" (Psychology of trading).
"The Technical Analyzes Explained" by J. Spring.

1.0 out of 5 stars Some practical advice amidst many commonplaces, Jan. 14 2002
By A Customer
This is a foolish and insulting book that reads more like new age evangelism than investment counseling. Between paeans exulting readers to make their souls sing and focus on the truth of their being, we are treated to pearls of wisdom like 'Stock prices only move three directions--up, down, and sideways.' (Italics and dubious grammar in the original.) It's chief virtue is its relatively low price, but anyone seriously interested in the subject would do better to spend the extra money and buy Farley or Sarkovich.

5.0 out of 5 stars A down to earth book for us beginners, Jan. 4 2002
Swing Trader (Martins Ferry, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
I recently got my copy of Toni's book, and am only half way thru the book, and have found it to be educating, humorous and extremely useful towards my swing trading.
I'm anxious to see what lies ahead in the rest of the chapters to see what Toni has to teach me. She's helped me to pay more attention to 1,2 and 3 candlestick patterns: something that I use to take for granted and really didn't bother with.
I recommend this book to any new traders out there, or those that want to learn as well as those that want a refresher. Toni makes a great teacher, and I hope that I have the privilege to attent one of Toni's lectures sometime in 2002.
By the way, Toni, thank you for all the private messages that I had sent you in your chat room when I had questions and for all the emails that you had returned when I had even more questions. I'm sending you chocolate this year as a Christmas present, and oh, I still own PFE.

5.0 out of 5 stars A down to earth book for us beginners, Jan. 4 2002
Swing Trader (Martins Ferry, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
I just recently got my copy of Toni's book and I'm not even half way through with it yet.
What I have read so far has helped me look back at my own trading, where I went wrong, such as going against the over all market and not paying attention to 1,2, and 3 candlestick patterns that could have foretold of possible reversals.
Toni has a great sense of humor that makes anyone who is interested in short term trading ( swing trading ) want to learn and breaks it down so that even a novice can understand whats going on.
Thanks Toni for all the private messages that I sent to you in the chat room when I had questions about trading when I felt to embarrassed to ask them in the open room, and thanks for all the emails that you replied to when I had even more questions about trading. And, by the way, I still own PFE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Aug. 21 2003
By A Customer
I just met Toni Turner at a trading expo in Chicago. I found her to be a warm and intelligent woman. Her presentation skills, like her books, are straightforward and intelligent.
She does mix in humor when she speaks, which I find refreshing in the stoic financial environment.
In her books, which are based on trading fundamentals, she writes like she speaks. I thought I knew the basics, but now I realize I didn't. The text is well-organized and the reader's knowledge is built step-by-step. Her ability to take complicated material and make it easy to understand is fantastic. I've learned a ton about reading charts, and how to find good setups.
For the price, this book is a gem. It's definitely a book every trader should have in his or her library.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for Intermediate + Traders Too, Feb. 20 2002
By A Customer
This is a well-written book and presented in an organized manner with some nice inspirational material as an added bonus. Is this the only book you need to succeed as a trader? No, but it's got a lot more practical information, in my opinion, than Farly and Sarkovich (in contrast to the person who posted below). Good luck trying to make it through Farley's material in the "Master Swing Trader." I have a library of good trading books and because I couldn't even understand what Farley was saying half the time or I was bored out of my mind, that one did not make it. I suggest that new traders add some reading by Martin Pring, John Murphy, Alexander Elder, Colin Alexander, and Stan Weinstein to supplement the material in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Road to Rich's, July 14 2004
I. Trent "I. Trent" (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
I found Toni Turner's book a very excellent one crammed with lots of information very useful for those "going short" to those that "going long" and everything in between. Armed with all the information contained within, and learning about chart's and graph's, terminology, market data, resources, indicators, etc., etc., your goal of success will be very high. And to top it off she's very funny; so the sections that have to cover the boring information is made very fun and light hearted. Plus her "Hot Tips" throughout the book are very useful and the motivation sections are just icing on the cake. Nothing less than 5 Stars for such a great asset and a great source of reference material in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Read, Easy to Follow, Feb. 14 2004
DV (United States) - See all my reviews
Awesome book. Easy to understand. Of course, prior to reading this, I read many other trading books, so I was already familiar with much of the terminology. It cleared up some things I didn't quite understand in a more simplistic language than the other books I was reading. It summarizes trading in relatively few pages. If you want more in-depth knowledge of a specific strategy, then you'll have to buy other books. It's a great beginner book. My husband and I are making money, not guessing but using the technical analysis she uses. We have gotten more heavily into candlesticks and love it. She explains it fairly simply. Good book. She is a good writer. We also purchased her Day Trading book. Both books are similar.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent introduction to Swing Trading, Jan. 27 2002
By A Customer
The author's second book on the subject goes into short-term trading in more depth than in her first guide, which covered Day, Swing, and longer term trading. She writes in a lively, entertaining style that makes learning a very difficult subject simple and entertaining. In addition, she includes very neccessary advice on the psychological aspects of trading, which any successful trader will tell you is about 90% of the game. The techniques included here are tried and true and used by the most successful (read: surviving) traders. There's no spin here, and no angle or hidden agenda being push. What's written in this book is a sincere effort to convey to the reader how to win at short-term trading.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

A Beginner's Guide to Short Term Trading: Maximize Your Profits in 3 Days to 3 Weeks
CDN$ 20.99 CDN$ 15.15