5.0 out of 5 stars Read it Twice!
Published on June 13 2011 by Jim from Vancouver Island

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a serious book.
You can find a lot of books that explain much much better than this one the market indicators. This is a book that I will never read again. I think the writter did not invest enough paitence while writting the book.
Published on July 26 2003 by gvassalia

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it Twice!, June 13 2011
This review is from: A Beginner's Guide to Short Term Trading: Maximize Your Profits in 3 Days to 3 Weeks (Paperback)
Yes, read it twice. To begin with, read chapter 3. Then go back and read it twice. Toni Turner does an outstanding job of explaining how to manage yourself as you invest in the stock market. This book targets short term traders - that is, those persons interested in investments that will be on the books for weeks to months or longer. The main messages for me in the book were: always use stop loss orders to limit your risk; emotion has no place in investment decisions - park it at the door; learn to read the charts, and; protect your capital. In writing this review I am somewhat at a disadvantage as I have loaned my copy out to my best friend who is considering becoming a self directed investor. I said, "Hold on, before you make a single investment, read this book". Yes, I told him to read it twice.

I have carefully watched our retirement fund investments for years. I have been a self directed investor since early 2008. I have an investment blog site open to a circle of friends who are concerned about their investments. I watch and am well informed about the market. My investment strategies improved significantly as a direct result of reading this book

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT!, July 19 2004
By A Customer
This book is packed with valuable, usable information from oscillators to use of candlestick patterns and lots more. The writing style is simple yet effective, better than most books that cost many times more. BUT IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear...concise..overall great book, April 8 2011
This is an excellent book to understand how to read charts and trade in the market. Her writing style is easy to understand. Lots of chart examples and scenarios to review. She even talks a little bit about the psychology of trading and how to keep a positive frame of mind.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to get a competetive edge over 99% of all other market participants. I fine read before jumping in the markets head-first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Money in the bank, Dec 28 2010
Toni Turner makes learning how to trade not only easy reading but she has a whole life philosophy that rings loud and clear. I bought the book to learn how to enter the day trading market, however, Toni has taught me so much more about what really goes on. She has shown me that there are so many factors I should consider before I make a purchase, how to research a stock and when to enter. From reading charts to listening to the news, she teaches what you need to know and teaches it well.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 and 1/2 star rating, Jan. 9 2002
This book is really the second edition of her first book "A Beginners Guide to Day Trading". The content is about 80-90% the same, although the descriptions and charts are new. There are a few new pointers in the book. The discussions on intraday and level II displays have been mostly eliminated.
If you are a beginner trader who wants a good foundation, this is the book to get. Ms. Turner's discussions are methodical and inclusive. Plus it is easy to read and has humor. Obviously she is an good teacher. The amount of topics covered for the price is a bargain.
If you already read her first book, it's up to you. Most of the concepts are the same. But there are few extra pointers, and it doesn't hurt to go over all concepts (for a beginner like myself) since there is a lot covered in the book.
My only gripe is that the new money management chapter was a bit under emphasized. I feel this topic is very important to the longevity of traders. But at least she covers the topic.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a serious book., July 26 2003
I guess it is like " -Ok, it is time to make money, so let us print the book, so let us write something people can read, no matter what, they will read it any way".
The books I liked were:
"Reminiscense of a Stock Operator" (Psychology of trading).
"The Technical Analyzes Explained" by J. Spring.

1.0 out of 5 stars Some practical advice amidst many commonplaces, Jan. 14 2002
By A Customer
This is a foolish and insulting book that reads more like new age evangelism than investment counseling. Between paeans exulting readers to make their souls sing and focus on the truth of their being, we are treated to pearls of wisdom like 'Stock prices only move three directions--up, down, and sideways.' (Italics and dubious grammar in the original.) It's chief virtue is its relatively low price, but anyone seriously interested in the subject would do better to spend the extra money and buy Farley or Sarkovich.

5.0 out of 5 stars Road to Rich's, July 14 2004
I. Trent "I. Trent" (Houston, TX) - See all my reviews
I found Toni Turner's book a very excellent one crammed with lots of information very useful for those "going short" to those that "going long" and everything in between. Armed with all the information contained within, and learning about chart's and graph's, terminology, market data, resources, indicators, etc., etc., your goal of success will be very high. And to top it off she's very funny; so the sections that have to cover the boring information is made very fun and light hearted. Plus her "Hot Tips" throughout the book are very useful and the motivation sections are just icing on the cake. Nothing less than 5 Stars for such a great asset and a great source of reference material in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & Fun, May 29 2004
By A Customer
In this book, Toni Turner takes a complex subject,hits all the basics and makes it fun and easy to understand. AWESOME beginners book!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reading for beginning/intermediate traders, Feb. 18 2004
"movinguy" (Carlsbad, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Easy to read, gets technical without going overboard. Nice touch to keep going back to the psychology of trading as well. However, in her stock selection criteria she recommends using industry/group leaders from IBD (Investor's Business Daily). That would severely limit your trading opportunities and confuses trading with investing, something newbies should be VERY clear on. A good starting point but if you are serious buy additional books as others here have suggested.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›