5.0 out of 5 stars A cookbook with bite!
Published on Jan. 8 2009 by Rue

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, simple
This is not a cookbook for the serious cook. But that being said, Nadia is good fun to watch on her t.v. show, or read about in her cookbooks. The recipes are simple, not particularly memorable, but they do taste ok when completed. I think this would be a fun gift for a shower, or someone moving into their first apartment.
Published 12 months ago by M. Wade

5.0 out of 5 stars A cookbook with bite!, Jan. 8 2009
Rue (Kelowna, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bitchin' Kitchen Cookbook: Rock Your Kitchen--And Let the Boys Clean Up the Mess (Paperback)
I just received my copy and I couldn't put it down, not even to start dinner, until I read it all the way through. Nadia G. is not only sexy, sassy, and to be honest a little psychotic, she is a real cooking talent. The book is page after page of bold colour and beautiful pictures of the food as well as Nadia G. and her cast of hunks (The Spice Agent, Hans, Panos the Fish Guy). The Bitchin' Kitchen Cookbook is literally her BitchinKitchen.TV web-isodes concept expanded and brought to life in book form -only with much more glam, detail, and content. Faithful fans (like me!) will recognize some of the sarcastic one-liners and anecdotes they enjoyed in the web-isodes, and smile like they are sharing a private joke with Nadia G. Although Nadia G. is beautiful (the makeup artistry is outstanding, reminiscent of the work of Kevyn Aucoin, but I digress), and the boys are beautiful and the food photos are pure culinary pulchritude, the recipes and techniques are sound. Nadia G. is Italian-Canadian, that's like Italian-American only Italian-Canadians speak their parents' dialect fluently (it's the long, cold winters, before the internet, we had no choice). There isn't a hint of the usual line-up of tired old Italian fare. Nor does she bore her readers/foodies/groupies with pretentious Italian food either. She does however throw in some interesting Italian comfort foods for sentimentalists like me. Nadia G. has her red polished sharply filed fingernail stuck in the artery of food trends and her recipes consist mainly of both classic and modern flavour combinations using fresh food and prepared simply. She's got a bit of that Gordon Ramsay thing going on -including some incidental coarse language. Oh, which brings me to my last point, this is not the kind of cookbook you want your six year-old reading. Although brightly coloured, it is obvious by the title that this book is for grown-ups.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, flashy and delicious!, Aug. 14 2011
G. Larouche (Montreal, Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Self-dubbed punk-Italian fusion, Nadia G. offers a gorgeously presented collection of delicious every day dishes, served with her trademark attitude and trashy-glamorous style. The recipes are straight-forward and yummy, but bear in mind that you will find a lot of rich pasta and comfort food meals. There is one so-called diet chapter, but mostly, you'll find self-indulgent and tasty treats. This is not vegetarian friendly! But she has a wonderful section of helpful advice for basic cooking tricks (getting organic meat, investing in high quality olive oil, knowing how to buy fish, etc.), and a great checklist of stuff you should always have in stock in your pantry. I've always loved to cook Italian-inspired food, so I found my tastes were indulged in this collection of classic culinary ideas with a twist.

If you like her Internet show and dig her devil-may-care attitude, you'll love the colorful book, as it it full of glossy pictures of Nadia in various sexy outfits, showing off her awesome food. I only wished it had a hardcover, as it always makes it easier to prop open on the counter as you cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and tasty, Jan. 16 2009
Not only will Nadia tickle your funny bone, she'll roast it like Osso Bucco and serve it on Risotto a la Milanese.

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, simple, March 26 2013
M. Wade - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome funny yummy read!, May 13 2012
Nadia G is brilliant. The book is filled with delicious recipes, I've tried several of them and I was thrilled with the results. The hilariousness of this woman and her crew of goofy males is so refreshing. I would definitely recommend it to all and sundry, as long as they have a sense of humour!!!
Cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, April 18 2012
If you're a fan of the show, you'll love this book. I could hear Nadia's voice in my head as I read and this was the first time I've read a cookbook from start to finish. I love all the tips she has sprinkled throughout and the recipes I've tried so far have been incredible.

ARRAY(0xb003b06c)