5.0 out of 5 stars Joe Hill scores again!, March 16 2012
Jodi Klassen "Red" (Houston, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
Another well written story by Joe Hill! I was so hooked from the moment I started reading volume 1 of this collection, I had to quickly buy 2 & 3! I'm salivating waiting for the fourth!! Come on May!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I picked this up, Feb. 13 2014
I've fallen out of love with comics recently, but picked this up on recommendation from NerdPlay Radio, and couldn't put it down. It's a little slow in getting started, due to its shifting narrative, but about 20 pages in, it grabs hold and I had difficulty putting it down.

Not for the faint of heart at times - it is written by Stephen King's son, after all - but a gripping story with a supernatural enough tinge to appeal to a wind range of readers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaging read, Jan. 5 2014
Hard to follow at first, but once I got into the
story I couldn't put it down. Joe Hill's writing as usual is excellent, very suspenseful. The illustrations fit right in the story as well. Highly recommended! Can't wait to read the second one.

5.0 out of 5 stars WIcked., Dec 26 2013
This review is from: Locke & Key Volume 1: Welcome to Lovecraft HC (Hardcover)
I could not put this down. Larger comics like this usually take me a few short bursts to read, but I simply couldn't stop reading. It's awesome, creepy and imaginative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creepy, Engaging, Disturbing, and Mysterious, July 25 2012
S.G.S (Halifax, NS Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Locke & Key Volume 1: Welcome to Lovecraft HC (Hardcover)
I put off reading this for quite a while, but once I did I could not stop. The story is certainly fantastic and the characters ( good and bad ) are very well conceived and developed. This is a story that will probaly stay with me for quite sometime. I have yet to read the next volumes in this series, but I have every confidence that they will further this epic story in a similar gripping fashion. My only complaint is the art, honestly I m not a big fan, I find it a little juvenille for the material. That being said, I complain more out of personal preferance than any real flaws with the artist. "One mans teasure", you know! So don't let that deter you from this book.

That aside this is a grizzly story that could only come from a mind conceived by a KING, or in this case as Hill (Hill is Stephen King's son if you did'nt know), and I find myself a little disturbed by some of ths images presented. Unlike some other horror-supernatural comics out there ( mature rating or not ) you can not let your young read this before you do. I would have a hard time letting my 15 year old read this. Not because of the violence, but because of the sometime implied, sometimes presented sexual material.

Great series that I look forward to continuing

4.0 out of 5 stars They hit above average, Nov. 4 2012
Dean Kutryk (Calgary, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Locke & Key Volume 1: Welcome to Lovecraft HC (Hardcover)
My overall impression was that it was good, but it is made for the general audience. Now, I did want a little bit more on the seduction of the antagonist, because it seems like there would have been lots of room to establish more background, but they did instead chose to make things happen at the correct time. The drawings were recognizable, rather than containing an ageless embellishment. There is a family of people with a modern sentiment for life and freedom. Harbored are some supernatural elements developing excluding of understanding.

When I finished the book I thought that I definitely wanted to continue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Violent, May 24 2011
This review is from: Locke & Key Volume 1: Welcome to Lovecraft HC (Hardcover)
more violent than i was expecting and has a pretty decent storyline. I really liked the way the guy looked when he'd go through the door, it was pretty hillarious. My only beef is that in the end they dont tie up the loose ends and you are obligated to read the next in the series to understand more. Im interested to see more doors though

ARRAY(0xaa09ef08)

Locke & Key Volume 1: Welcome to Lovecraft HC
Locke & Key Volume 1: Welcome to Lovecraft HC by Joe Hill (Hardcover - Oct. 7 2008)
CDN$ 31.99 CDN$ 16.62