1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright Pics and Good Pattern Pieces, Feb. 27 2010
Andrea Mckay (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kaffe Fassett's Quilt Romance: 20 Designs from Rowan for Patchwork and Quilting (Paperback)
First let me say I am a fly by night quilter meaning..... I quilt on and off. My mother who is an avid quilter (this is who I purchased the book for)has had me come out to her quilting group over the years. This has exposed me to quilts of different variety and difficulty. I love the simple quilts the most. Ones that anyone can cut and sew without feeling you have to have a degree in sewing to make them. I don't quilt to make show pieces I like them to look nice but I like to use them. This book and other books by Kaffe are perfect for this. He is amazing with colour! The photographs in the book are beautiful and yet the quilt pattern also shown in a 2 dimensional view are something an average quiter could do. The pattern pieces are also in the book and are done to scale. I am not sure if the sewing allowance is included or if it has to be added as I already gave her the books but I know if it is that makes my life easier when making a quilt. Kaffe's quilts are great for using scraps and material that all sewers have tucked away in their sewing area. The colour combinations and material choices open the eyes to new possibilities when using bold print. This is one of three books I purchased and I have to say each one was unique and fun to look through. I found myself saying over and over..."Ohhh I want to make that one and I want to make that one!" I am sure I will be borrowing the books back to make a few but right now we are planning to make four quilts for my nieces using a couple of the patterns. It was a purchase I was very happy to have made! Even if you are not a quilter but have an interest in it they make great coffee table books. All around you can't go wrong.

ARRAY(0xb6e9d3a8)