5.0 out of 5 stars Diversity and taste
I enjoyed very much this book and made a lot of recepies. You can always find an idea for something good and easy to make.
You can look for Ani Phyo on Youtube, she has some clips that will show you a couple of the recepies of the book.
Published on Dec 16 2008 by Eric Gogniat

1.0 out of 5 stars Meh
When I went from vegetarian to raw vegan a few months ago, I considered buying Ani's Raw because of the reviews, but I went with the Rainbow Green Raw Cuisine instead. I did pick up this book later, though, because I had a gift certificate, and felt it might be worth the risk. It wasn't.

First of all, you're immediately whomped with so many pictures of Ani,...
Published on March 17 2011 by agent_betty

5.0 out of 5 stars Diversity and taste, Dec 16 2008
Eric Gogniat (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ani's Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Foods Recipes (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best raw food books out there., May 27 2008
M. Szenteszky (Toronto) - See all my reviews
I recently purchased many raw food books. As I discovered many recipes in these books require a lot of prep time and many ingredients. Out of all of them Ani's Raw Food Kitchen is one of my favorites. The book is informative but most importantly, the recipes are great and not too complicated. I really love her Miso Gravy recipe, Wakame Hemp Salad, and, Almond Pudding. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great!, Feb. 4 2009
K. Gwendalina Langlois (Canada) - See all my reviews
This book is fantastic! I really enjoyed reading this book and I still enjoy to consult it, almost every day. It gives a lot of tips in as much area as you can imagine to become more responsible regarding our planet. It gives also some information about general thing like the importance of hydration, what is the difference between ionized salt and sea salt, etc. There is a description of some food that we are not necessary used to consume like maca, spirulina, hemp protein, etc.
But the BEST thing in this book is her wonderful recipes! There are delicious! Some have nutritional information which is great. What I really appreciate also is that there are a lot of images and pictures, there is a picture beside each recipe to show what you will need to prepare the recipe (blender, food processor,knife) she says how long the recipe will keep in the fridge, she gives tricks to do her recipe and even what other recipe could be great with the one you are preparing... The book couldn't be more complete and interesting to consult.
Sincerely, the book made me appreciate Ani Phyo as if she could be my best friend by its way of seeing life and nutrition. If you were doubtful about being raw, Ani Phyo will give you the interest of becoming at least partly raw!
I recommand this book for everbody, especially for those who are buying their first raw food book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Meh, March 17 2011

First of all, you're immediately whomped with so many pictures of Ani, it's totally beyond silly! Props to your self-esteem, girlfriend, but c'mon. There are about fifteen pictures of Ani in here for every picture of food.

I'm still a relative raw food newbie, but I quickly found at least one error, in that she recommends all nuts and seeds be soaked for at least eight hours. This is totally incorrect. Smaller seeds like sesame and sunflower need only be soaked for two to four hours. If nuts or seeds are soaked too long, they quickly go rancid. I haven't looked at the whole book yet, so I hope I don't run into too much of this kind of advice.

Ani recommends for some of the recipes in her book that we use her Special Monkey brand of granola bars. I don't want to have to go find and buy a product to create a recipe!! Graceless product placement.

Lastly, I doubt many people will appreciate her 101-level lecturing on social and environmental issues. Most people reaching for a raw cookbook are likely already living an ethically conscious lifestyle (and if not, they're aware of how to) and don't need flowcharts on how long disposables take to decompose. There is a lot of this type of filler in this book.

Ani must know some people, because she's inexplicably got several books out. There's no information in here that can't be found on the internet, but if you're looking for a quality cookbook with some humility, I recommend Rainbow Green.

4.0 out of 5 stars Got some stand-by recipes from this, Feb. 22 2014
There are some excellent recipes in this book. My favourite that I go back to again and again is the praline nut-mylk. Everyone in the family uses it - even the cow milk drinkers. We use it in coffee along with a splash of canned coconut milk for richness. You don't have to be raw to enjoy this book, although you do need certain kitchen appliances (high speed blender, good excaliber style dehydrator, spiralizer) to make the most of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this book, March 12 2012
I find the recipes easy to follow and the ingredients easy to find but most of all every recipe I've tried is delicious

5.0 out of 5 stars Ani's Raw Food Kitchen, Feb. 23 2012
As a living food family this book has quick, no-fail & great tasting recipes.
One of our solid GO-TO books

3.0 out of 5 stars Deliciously Raw Food, Jan. 12 2010
This is one of the best raw un-cook books I have ever come accross. I can't get enough of the easy to make delicious recepies. I made the sun burgers and ketsup last night and I am still thinking of it it was so good. The recepies are quite simple, with easy insturctions, the information is very good, and most importantly the recepies result in deliciously tasty meals. I love the variety of the foods, they range from smoothies, sorbet's, desserts, snacks, wraps, pizzas, cheeses, breads and many other goodies. The pictures of the food make me drool. This book is a thumbs up over all.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Raw Food Bible, Aug. 27 2009
This book does not just provide you with great 'living food' recipes that are delicious and addictive, but it is also a complete guide for the raw food beginner. Chef Ani gives a complete list of tips from what makes foods raw or living, what kitchen tools you need to buy, and what foods you need to stock your new raw food pantry and fridge. She also gives several beauty tips on hair, skin and nails. The best thing is that the foods are so delicious that even those who aren't committed to eating raw can enjoy them. Not to mention the recipes are a cinch to prepare. This book is a must have for any raw food kitchen.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nuts and oil, Nov. 28 2010
It's one of the better raw vegan recipe books - visually appealing with relatively easy-to-make meals. However, like so many other "uncooked" raw vegan recipes, Phyo's recipes include an inordinate amount of fat in the form of nuts, seeds, and oil. I would advise those trying the recipes to consume only one serving of each recipe every once in awhile. Any more than this, I found I got nauseated from eating the soups, constipated from eating the desserts, fat from eating the entrees, and I became unwell again.

Knowing better now, it makes me upset when Phyo and others in the raw vegan community tell newbies that they can "eat as much as they want" of "uncooked" raw vegan food. You can't. It'll catch up with you. Balance/moderation is important for everyone - "Nature abhors extremes."

P.S. The mediterranean dolma, apple pie, and ketchup were my favourite recipes and the ones I would recommend for tasting in SMALL amounts OCCASIONALLY.

Ani's Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Foods Recipes