summer boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyout Furniture All-New Kindle sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on November 28, 2010
It's one of the better raw vegan recipe books - visually appealing with relatively easy-to-make meals. However, like so many other "uncooked" raw vegan recipes, Phyo's recipes include an inordinate amount of fat in the form of nuts, seeds, and oil. I would advise those trying the recipes to consume only one serving of each recipe every once in awhile. Any more than this, I found I got nauseated from eating the soups, constipated from eating the desserts, fat from eating the entrees, and I became unwell again.

Knowing better now, it makes me upset when Phyo and others in the raw vegan community tell newbies that they can "eat as much as they want" of "uncooked" raw vegan food. You can't. It'll catch up with you. Balance/moderation is important for everyone - "Nature abhors extremes."

P.S. The mediterranean dolma, apple pie, and ketchup were my favourite recipes and the ones I would recommend for tasting in SMALL amounts OCCASIONALLY.
on November 21, 2011
Great uncookbook with info on green living and pet food as well as lots of recipes. For some reason, it's not my favourite.