5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, Aug. 6 2013
This review is from: Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations (Hardcover)
Just that, buy it, read it, make your kids read it, and then do hard things, like take responsiblity and suffer the consequences of your own bad (or good) choices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do Hard Things- Teenage rebellion against low expectation, Jan. 21 2012
Excellent read for all ages, especially the youth of today who expect much but do little.
Teenage years are preparation years for adulthood and this book teaches the you to make wise choices today
because of their impact on tomorrow.

5.0 out of 5 stars A decision to conquer, Sept. 16 2010
I have read many inspirational books in my time and attended many conferences, this one is in the top 3 inspirational books I have ever read. The reason for this is that you kind of know going into it that there's no way these boys are encouraging "positive thinking for success" or "how to get all you want while doing nothing". This is a great, honest and straight forward book about how putting out an effort and breaking through the culture that we have been trained to can allow ANYONE of ANY AGE and ANY STANDING to meet their goals, to do more than they dreamed possible. I loved this book and am in the midst of sharing it with my youth group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute must read for your youth and yourself!, May 1 2010
Canadianladybug "Canadianladybug" (Ottawa, ON, CANADA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
While I was reading Start Here I came to realize that this was a follow-up book to Do Hard Things. And I took the liberty to email one of my contact at Waterbrook to see if I could review Do Hard Things and she agreed. I was very happy with this answer as I am planning to have my kids read through these books when they embark on the adventure of the teenage years.
This book is an absolute must read for teenager and even their parents. I wished I had a book like this when I was a teen. It is so simple to read and your youth will have a wealth of encouragement from the first chapter to the last one. It is interesting to learn the history behind the word teenager and how the culture has shifted the way of thinking on the young people in our society since then.
I am planning to have my kids read through Do Hard Things and Start Here. My oldest son will be turning 9 this summer and already we make sure that he is involved in various things that will demand some sort of effort from him. For example, we held a garage sale recently and he has been helping to plan, setup and advertize since the beginning. He and his siblings wanted to get donation for Haiti during the garage sale. It was decided to make a lemonade stand and have some muffins as well. Everything was free but he had to mention that donations will go directly for Haiti. Result? More than 75$ was collected. He learned to speak to people directly in their eyes and approach them as well. It cost little money but the experience is priceless I think. Another thing that he did this year was to participate to the Awana Quizzing Competition even though he was the only one participating from his club. He was not able to advance in the finals of his section but he quizzed out and got all the answers right. I pray and hope that he will continue to stand up and go forward even when if it seems hard at first. And I pray that his siblings will follow his example in the future.
A free study guide is also available at [...]. I think this is a great way to spend some time in discussion with your teenager and talk about the chapters.
Our youth is capable of so many things. Are we going to give them a chance to expand their wings? I know I will. It is such a good way to learn and discover what are their talents.
This review was possible because I received a copy of Do Hard Things from Waterbrook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book To Challenge Young People and Old Alike, April 8 2011
We have been studying this book as a youth group for the past several weeks. Each week we have challenged our youth to do a hard thing. This has ranged from taking $5 as a group and raising money for Compassion Canada to telling thier teachers, friends, and family about the love of Jesus. Through studying this book together we've been able to raise the bar for our youth to Do Hard Things. This book is an asset to any youth, youth group, or adult who wants to challenge themselves to be raised above low expectations!

ARRAY(0xb4c97a38)

Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations
Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations by Brett Harris (Hardcover - April 15 2008)
CDN$ 20.99 CDN$ 15.15