Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store NFL Tools

Dug Down Deep: Building Your Life on Truths That Last
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:$16.13+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 22, 2010
I have heard of Joshura Harris for a long time, but have never had the opportunity to read his work. When his debut book, I Kissed Dating Goodbye, was released I had already been married, so never read it. I have heard a lot of great things about it, but it did not fit with where I was in my life stage.

When the opportunity recently came up to read and review his brand new release, Dug Down Deep I jumped at the chance.

Though Dug Down Deep is a very easy read, I read it in three days, it is full of information that I am still processing. In fact I will be going back through it again! If you are looking for a book that dissects foundational Christian theology and doctrine, while teaching from his own personal life, then this is the book for you. Harris makes theses subjects so easy to understand. Basically he takes a lot of the subjects found in traditional theology textbooks (which, from my Bible College days, I remember them being HUGE) and lays them out in a wonderful manner so that new and old Christians alike, will understand the core of what they believe.

If you have grown up believing the same thing as your parents, family members and friends, I strongly encourage you to read this book and learn how to discover your own faith. Once you discover your faith in God as it should be, you will wonder why it took you so long. I know I did. For so long I believed, and knew I was a Christian, but alot of what I believed is what I was told to....I did not decided on my own about doctrine, theology, etc.

Just as Joshua Harris went on his journey to deepen his relationship with the Lord, I too am on that same type of journey. Not close to being done, but this book has definitely been an asset and great tool for the path I am on.

I highly recommend this book and give it a thumbs up!
on July 29, 2011
Dug Down Deep, Joshua Harris, Multnomah Books, 2011, 288 pages.

In this updated release on his earlier book Joshua Harris, senior pastor of Covenant Life Church in Gaithersburg MD, adds a study guide to his book on theology and why it needs to matter to us. Harris's own story is used to show why many areas of theology can and should affect us to a core level. Harris weaves his experiences, sometime lack of maturity or understanding of theology from his childhood and teen year into a wonderful book that covers a tremendous amount to theological ground!

The reality is this is a book that is geared toward those who are in the beginning stages of embracing theology and the study of God. Harris does a fantastic job covering major topics such as; the Bible, Christology, the Atonement, Redemption, Sanctification, Pneumatology, and the Church. In tackling these difficult themes, Harris is able to do it in an engaging way, in a way that draws you in and before you realize what it happening, you are studying difficult concepts that have been tossed about for hundreds of years!

For me this is a book that will be one that I direct people to who are looking for a primer, a solid place to begin diving into studying theology on a deeper level. This book is a fantastic find and resource.

I fully recommend this book and rate it a 4.5 out of 5! (gave it a 5 as I could not get the stars to do a half star!)
on October 17, 2011
Lots of hype about this book. In actual fact it could've been about a chapter long. Shorter if you took out the contradictions. Hopefully if someone digs that deep they find some rock to stand on, not just another pile of shifting sand.

The author bases everything on his theology. The problem is theology is subject to change, as it is the philisophical view of the reader. Now if his base was doctrine, it would have to come into line with the bedrock of the Word, as doctrine is unchangeable.

It is pointless to write a book about truths that last and in the last chapter or two recant everything said, declaring it is personal choice. Waste of time effort and money.

Just another fleece to line the pockets of certain individuals.