5.0 out of 5 stars I can't cook
I'm useless in the kitchen so this book was a huge help. I'm retarded when it comes to choosing NON-junkfood at the grocery store. This helped me sort that out
Published 9 months ago by Troy Strachan

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of snacks and sides and sauces and dips
Published 12 months ago by Map of Canada

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't cook, Dec 31 2013
This review is from: THE HEALTHY COLLEGE COOKBOOK QUICK. CHEAP EASY (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Yum, Jan. 10 2013
There are so many delicious recipes in this book. I went through only half of it and I've flagged a bunch of recipes to try. The only thing I wish was different is that there were pictures. All the recipes are simple and don't involve anything too expensive. Perfect for the college student. Looking forward to starting to cook!

4.0 out of 5 stars It makes my food edible!, Aug. 18 2010
I am far from a distinguished chef, or really a mediocre one at that, but this book helped me to make it look like I'm more skilled! My mum (an avid cook) gave it the good ol' mum seal of approval, and that's really all you need to know. Enjoy!

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of snacks and sides and sauces and dips, Oct. 3 2013
This book is pretty good, but most of the pages are dedicated to what I would call non-meals. There's tonnes of sauce, dip, snack, and side recipes. So, all in all it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. Plus, it calls any non-chicken meal a meal for "for meat lovers". I'm not a meat lover but I do like meals with meat other than chicken. I feel like the breakfast pages just took up space and could be omitted for more entrees. I don't mind that it has no pictures, because I'd rather jam-pack it with information anyway. Also, not all of the recipes are college-friendly. As in, some of the ingredients (particularly in Canada) are expensive; e.g. "1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese" is likely going to be that salty powdered form that comes in the shiny green can rather than an actual piece of Parmesan, shredded.The last part I want to comment on is the actual quality of the book itself. I opened it to the centre page and pressed down on the inner binding to flatten the page for "Spinach pie" and the whole spine snapped vertically, revealing two separate books that were glued onto the paper spine. And this was the first time using the book. Get this book if you're just starting out and literally don't know anything. Alternatively, you could get it if you're just looking for something cheaper and healthier (like I was). Just don't expect too much from it. It's okay.

THE HEALTHY COLLEGE COOKBOOK QUICK. CHEAP EASY
THE HEALTHY COLLEGE COOKBOOK QUICK. CHEAP EASY by Rachel Holcomb (Kindle Edition - Jan. 7 2009)
CDN$ 19.50 CDN$ 14.08