5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BOOK! A MUST HAVE!
Published on March 4 2010 by Kristin Cornell

3.0 out of 5 stars not for beginners.
Published on March 31 2011 by G. D.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BOOK! A MUST HAVE!, March 4 2010
This review is from: One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric! (Hardcover-spiral)
I originally purchased "One Yard Wonders" because I was interested in a few of the patterns. It has not quite been two months and I have already completed 9 these easy, yet beautiful projects! This book is fantastic for any fabric 'hoarder' like me as it is chalked-full of great ideas. Whether you have been sewing for years or you are a beginner, I would highly recommend it!

3.0 out of 5 stars not for beginners., March 31 2011
G. D. (toronto, can) - See all my reviews
For starters, one yard does not mean easy! The other people who have reviewed this book have to be better, more experienced sewers than myself. I found reading through the projects, step 1, okay I got that, step 2, still okay, step 3, wait a minute, what happened, I have no idea what she's talking about. I found that with every project I read through. I bought it because I bought Amy Butler's "In Stitches", that has the same look, on the outside (and because of the reviews). Amy's book really is great for a beginner and the instructions are flawless.
This book is okay if, you're a little more experienced, want to make things for animals or babies or if you want to wear a dress that barely covers your behind, because they are after all only one yard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Pattersn, March 23 2010
Heather L. Johnston "Hey Heather" (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This book is one of my favorites. A great mix of pattern types and the instructions are great. I like that all the patterns are one yard and under so I can use up some of the fabrics that I have been hoarding. I am so in love with all the clothing patterns. I will not have to buy anything in the stores this summer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Excited. Then totally let down., Dec 25 2012
The patterns and instructions for the projects were rubbish.
I would recommend this for an advanced sewer, perhaps use it as a lesson while teaching a new sewer.

This book requires edits and pattern testing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun project book!, Jan. 9 2014
I like this book. I like the lay out and that there is pattern sheets for the project. The envelope for the sheets is just inside of the cover and glued in, so if you want to keep the sheets with the book, you need to reinforce it some how. The projects are bright, fun, and cute, and the instructions are easy to follow. I have made a couple of the aprons, the heat wrap, and a couple of other small projects. I guess for some of the projects to be 1 yard, they had some unfinished sides, so I have made adjustments personally to some of them so that they are finished on both sides. That is not a flaw in the book, that is just my personal choice. I do think that this is a good book with fun projects for a novice, less experienced sewer who is looking for more crafty, non-clothing projects, like myself

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book!, May 13 2010
This book is full of really neat ideas! I love that I can take that little bit of fabric that I just "had to have" and make something functional. No more worrying about having just bought 1 yard. The layout is good, pictures are good, pattern pieces are included when they are needed. That is great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for intermediate sewers, July 2 2011
Not a bad little book a few neat ideas I hadn't thought of. I'd say this is an intermediate level sewing book. It defiantly has some beginner level projects and the odd more experianced ones

Great if your teaching someone to sew as some projects require a strong sewer on hand as a few might be a bit ambitious for beginner sewers. I'd like it if the index had photos of the projects at the start, it's a bit annoying having to flip through everypage when one wants to browse for ideas. But overall not a bad little book to get the ball rolling on days you get stumped for ideas

5.0 out of 5 stars Most useful gift ideas., April 1 2011
I love this collection of items, all made with one yard(metre) or less of fabric. In the few days since I have received this book, I have already picked out several items to sew, for each person on my next year's Christmas gift-giving list. (Yes, I know it's only April!)
Items are practical and fun, including aprons, purses, household items and simple clothing for women and children, to name a few things. I especially liked the creative items for our beloved pets. These "wonders" have been contributed by a multitude of creative designers; a description of each contributor is given at the back.
There is an envelope in the front cover containing full-sized tissue patterns for every item, unless not needed.
There are clear basic sewing instructions at the beginning and a glossary of sewing terms at the back. Individual instructions and diagrams are given for each item. New sewers may find the written instructions on some of the more complicated items a little daunting; experience, maybe tactling the simpler items first, should solve this problem(if it is a problem).
Of the 5 various craft books that I ordered this time, including 2 sewing, 2 knitting, and 1 jewelry-making, "One-Yard Wonders" was my favourite.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quick and Easy Ideas, April 20 2012
Kathy A (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Usually when I buy an instruction book, there's only one or two items I actually get around to making, but this little book has many great ideas and is perfect for times when you need a quick little gift for someone special. The ideas are also great for craft shows and could easily be sold on Esty or eBay. This book is in my favourite section, no doubt about it!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was hoping for, June 18 2014
I wish there had been a "look Inside!" option on this book. I was quite disappointed to see the selection of projects. Not only did I not want to sew most of them, they were things I wouldn't even want if someone else sewed them as a gift for me. I am trying to develop some sewing skills and I think a book LIKE this would be great for me, but just not THIS book. I wish I hadn't spent so much money on it. My disappointment would be much less if I'd got it used for half price.
I am still giving it 2 stars because I don't want to be a jerk. I didn't try any of the projects so I can't say whether the instructions are clear or there are good details to the crafts. If the items in this book are things you'd want, then perhaps this book will suit you well.

CDN$ 31.95 CDN$ 20.03