5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BOOK! A MUST HAVE!
Published on March 4 2010 by Kristin Cornell

1.0 out of 5 stars Excited. Then totally let down.
The patterns and instructions for the projects were rubbish.
I would recommend this for an advanced sewer, perhaps use it as a lesson while teaching a new sewer.

This book requires edits and pattern testing.
Published 24 months ago by mango

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BOOK! A MUST HAVE!, March 4 2010
This review is from: One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric! (Hardcover-spiral)
I originally purchased "One Yard Wonders" because I was interested in a few of the patterns. It has not quite been two months and I have already completed 9 these easy, yet beautiful projects! This book is fantastic for any fabric 'hoarder' like me as it is chalked-full of great ideas. Whether you have been sewing for years or you are a beginner, I would highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Pattersn, March 23 2010
Heather L. Johnston "Hey Heather" (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
This book is one of my favorites. A great mix of pattern types and the instructions are great. I like that all the patterns are one yard and under so I can use up some of the fabrics that I have been hoarding. I am so in love with all the clothing patterns. I will not have to buy anything in the stores this summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book!, May 13 2010
This book is full of really neat ideas! I love that I can take that little bit of fabric that I just "had to have" and make something functional. No more worrying about having just bought 1 yard. The layout is good, pictures are good, pattern pieces are included when they are needed. That is great!

1.0 out of 5 stars Excited. Then totally let down., Dec 25 2012
The patterns and instructions for the projects were rubbish.

This book requires edits and pattern testing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun project book!, Jan. 9 2014
I like this book. I like the lay out and that there is pattern sheets for the project. The envelope for the sheets is just inside of the cover and glued in, so if you want to keep the sheets with the book, you need to reinforce it some how. The projects are bright, fun, and cute, and the instructions are easy to follow. I have made a couple of the aprons, the heat wrap, and a couple of other small projects. I guess for some of the projects to be 1 yard, they had some unfinished sides, so I have made adjustments personally to some of them so that they are finished on both sides. That is not a flaw in the book, that is just my personal choice. I do think that this is a good book with fun projects for a novice, less experienced sewer who is looking for more crafty, non-clothing projects, like myself

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quick and Easy Ideas, April 20 2012
Kathy A (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Usually when I buy an instruction book, there's only one or two items I actually get around to making, but this little book has many great ideas and is perfect for times when you need a quick little gift for someone special. The ideas are also great for craft shows and could easily be sold on Esty or eBay. This book is in my favourite section, no doubt about it!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was hoping for, June 18 2014
I wish there had been a "look Inside!" option on this book. I was quite disappointed to see the selection of projects. Not only did I not want to sew most of them, they were things I wouldn't even want if someone else sewed them as a gift for me. I am trying to develop some sewing skills and I think a book LIKE this would be great for me, but just not THIS book. I wish I hadn't spent so much money on it. My disappointment would be much less if I'd got it used for half price.
I am still giving it 2 stars because I don't want to be a jerk. I didn't try any of the projects so I can't say whether the instructions are clear or there are good details to the crafts. If the items in this book are things you'd want, then perhaps this book will suit you well.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome book All of them, Jan. 15 2014
So many great ideas, don't even know where to start.
So simple, so useful. Instruction are very good too. Love!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Dec 10 2013
I have both of these books and they have been great. I have already used some of the ideas for Christmas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonder-Full, Nov. 27 2012
Barbara Shanahan "PeacefulSpirit" (Calgary, Alberta) - See all my reviews
Great ideas, great instructions. This how-to book gives instructions for simple sewing techniques for the beginner and has patterns and detailed instructions for each project that are easy to follow. I love that so many items for family and for around the home can be created from a single yard of fabric. Wonder-Full.

CDN$ 31.95 CDN$ 20.03