4.0 out of 5 stars Fun project book!
Published 7 months ago by onyxnox, crocheting fanatic

1.0 out of 5 stars Excited. Then totally let down.
The patterns and instructions for the projects were rubbish.
I would recommend this for an advanced sewer, perhaps use it as a lesson while teaching a new sewer.

This book requires edits and pattern testing.
Published 20 months ago by mango

1.0 out of 5 stars Excited. Then totally let down., Dec 25 2012
This review is from: One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric! (Hardcover-spiral)
The patterns and instructions for the projects were rubbish.

This book requires edits and pattern testing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun project book!, Jan. 9 2014
I like this book. I like the lay out and that there is pattern sheets for the project. The envelope for the sheets is just inside of the cover and glued in, so if you want to keep the sheets with the book, you need to reinforce it some how. The projects are bright, fun, and cute, and the instructions are easy to follow. I have made a couple of the aprons, the heat wrap, and a couple of other small projects. I guess for some of the projects to be 1 yard, they had some unfinished sides, so I have made adjustments personally to some of them so that they are finished on both sides. That is not a flaw in the book, that is just my personal choice. I do think that this is a good book with fun projects for a novice, less experienced sewer who is looking for more crafty, non-clothing projects, like myself

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Quick and Easy Ideas, April 20 2012
Kathy A (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
Usually when I buy an instruction book, there's only one or two items I actually get around to making, but this little book has many great ideas and is perfect for times when you need a quick little gift for someone special. The ideas are also great for craft shows and could easily be sold on Esty or eBay. This book is in my favourite section, no doubt about it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING BOOK! A MUST HAVE!, March 4 2010
I originally purchased "One Yard Wonders" because I was interested in a few of the patterns. It has not quite been two months and I have already completed 9 these easy, yet beautiful projects! This book is fantastic for any fabric 'hoarder' like me as it is chalked-full of great ideas. Whether you have been sewing for years or you are a beginner, I would highly recommend it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was hoping for, June 18 2014
I wish there had been a "look Inside!" option on this book. I was quite disappointed to see the selection of projects. Not only did I not want to sew most of them, they were things I wouldn't even want if someone else sewed them as a gift for me. I am trying to develop some sewing skills and I think a book LIKE this would be great for me, but just not THIS book. I wish I hadn't spent so much money on it. My disappointment would be much less if I'd got it used for half price.
I am still giving it 2 stars because I don't want to be a jerk. I didn't try any of the projects so I can't say whether the instructions are clear or there are good details to the crafts. If the items in this book are things you'd want, then perhaps this book will suit you well.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome book All of them, Jan. 15 2014
So many great ideas, don't even know where to start.
So simple, so useful. Instruction are very good too. Love!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, Dec 10 2013
I have both of these books and they have been great. I have already used some of the ideas for Christmas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonder-Full, Nov. 27 2012
Barbara Shanahan "PeacefulSpirit" (Calgary, Alberta) - See all my reviews
Great ideas, great instructions. This how-to book gives instructions for simple sewing techniques for the beginner and has patterns and detailed instructions for each project that are easy to follow. I love that so many items for family and for around the home can be created from a single yard of fabric. Wonder-Full.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fun book! I love the patterns!, April 1 2012
I am obsessed with just going through page by page and thinking about how I can't wait to do each project. I would disagree that its not for beginners, I'm a beginner and this book has great instructions and different patterns for different skill level. I love this book and I hope the authors make more :)

3.0 out of 5 stars not for beginners., March 31 2011
G. D. (toronto, can) - See all my reviews
For starters, one yard does not mean easy! The other people who have reviewed this book have to be better, more experienced sewers than myself. I found reading through the projects, step 1, okay I got that, step 2, still okay, step 3, wait a minute, what happened, I have no idea what she's talking about. I found that with every project I read through. I bought it because I bought Amy Butler's "In Stitches", that has the same look, on the outside (and because of the reviews). Amy's book really is great for a beginner and the instructions are flawless.
This book is okay if, you're a little more experienced, want to make things for animals or babies or if you want to wear a dress that barely covers your behind, because they are after all only one yard.

CDN$ 31.95 CDN$ 20.03