Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Pets Music Deals Store NFL Tools

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(2 star).show all reviews
on March 17, 2011
It took me a while to give this book a fair and considerate read. I have to admit that at first I really did not like it. I hated many of the character's names (and still do) and I had problems with the incomplete sentences and the unorthodox indentations. It can work when done correctly but I thought that the author was trying too hard to break the rules without having a reason to. Frankly, the whole book seemed pretentious and self-important. If it wasn't for the commitment that I made to truly review the book I would have given up on it half way through the first volume. However, as I stuck with it I began to be interested in some of the characters (I really liked India-What and cared about what she said). Still, I always felt like a lifelong carnivore sitting down to a gourmet vegan dinner. As good as it is I still crave butter and meat.

Third Wish has elements from several different books, the most obvious is Alice in Wonderland with it's nonsensical phrases and silly lines such as the Jumwillies or the unusual conversations. The Rabbit costumes and the rubber noses are just a few examples of the peculiar behavior of the characters in this book. Many of the conversations (O-K, most of them) where written in a style that I have never heard anyone use in real life. It could be that the author wished that people talked more like his characters than they do, I for one don't.

All of the attention to what I can only describe as "artifacts" (such as the unusual gifts that some of the characters send to each other) in the book really made me become more and more aware that this book is not written for someone like me, however I know of several people who would love it. Maybe someone who is into Deepak Chopra or other writers of new age spiritual thought would find this book deep and full of meaning. I am much too pragmatic for Third Wish, but it could possibly appeal to someone with more developed spiritual sensibilities than I. The author can cook, I just don't care for his type of food.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again