Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

on February 8, 2010
This book provides everything you would want to know about exercise, diet, exercise myths, routines, and programs. The numerous pictures detail proper form in a clear way. I would highly recommend it to anyone considering, or involved with, exercise as it is clearly an important addition to any fitness library.
on January 20, 2011
Love this book! I'm female, I use it because it's straightforward, no pretenses or assumptions that I'm trying to look good for a certain event etc. I'm more interested in performance over image. I want my body to work like the machine it is! I like how I look.. but I love how I perform better :) I'm not scared of weight training, or jumping into a intense program, I don't care if I'm the only woman in the room...
I brought this book to my performance coach (personal trainer) and he was impressed. So right on guys!
What I love most about this book is I can flip through and do multiple exercises for different muscle groups and never have the same workout twice, but know I'm getting my full body done. It's awesome. There is freedom for creativity.

The only issue I had was that the pages didn't fully stick to the binding, so a lot of the pages fell out--- I gave it a 5 star anyway because imo this review is about the content.
I just took out an afternoon/evening and carefully put all the pages in page-protectors in three, 3-ring binders :) Problem solved!

I also like the nutritional information. It's simple and concise.
I have bought 3 copies for friends' already---other female friends!! Why the hell not?!
on January 25, 2010
* Seek out the advice of a medical professional before beginning this or any exercise program. *

The price of the book is a paltry sum compared to the value of the information contained inside it.
The exercise photos and descriptions are clear and many variations of exercises are listed so it's easy to substitute based on available equipment or the trainee's ability and experience.

Packed within the book are interesting sidebar notes referencing scientific studies.
The chapter on "best workouts" is quite good as well providing plans for beginners, crowded gyms, body-weight and other goal specific endeavors.

In addition, there is a chapter on warm up exercises, foam rolling (self myofascial release) and stretching with a template to create your own warm up routine.

The book is an excellent place to start for beginners and there is definite value for those that are in the intermediate range as well.

The men's and women's versions of the book are very similar. I flipped through the women's book and noted that the same exercises were found on the same pages. The "best workouts" chapters are different however.

I give it 5 out of 5 barbells.
on September 26, 2010
This is an awesome resource to own. Very informative and well explained without being overly wordy. I've been able to construct my own routines as well as use many of the workouts available in the book. You will get results for sure. All of the exercises are shown in person with tips on form so you can't realy mess up any particular exercise. Again, fantastic buy.
on February 21, 2014
This book is great for men. It shows you pictures of all the exercises, how to do them, what muscles it works and many variations for your level. It also has 'programs' in the back for all levels. So if you want a summer body they have a 12 week program or if you want to be wedding ready in 8 weeks they show you what workouts to do, how many reps and how many sets. Since there are so many workouts it has a variety of exercises that use just body weight, simple at home tools (bench, dumbbells, boss ball, stability ball) and it has workouts for machines in the gym. This way you can workout at home or at the gym. Really good book, I recommend it for any guy or girl who wants a workout book for themselves or their boyfriend, husband, brother, dad, cousin ect.
on February 7, 2014
I am a novice at the gym and was looking for a book which would take my by the hand and guide me through the whole process of working out - which exercises, how to do them, why you do them, which muscles they work, how much to work out, how much to lift while working out with weights, how to grip the weights, good form, speed at which to lift while going up and down, and great photos to illustrate the moves.

This book delivers and more! It's such a comprehensive book for beginners, although I'm sure there are some great tips/exercises for those who know what they are doing.

This book could easily sell for $60, but at $29, it's an absolute steal. Thanks so much Adam Campbell et al! Great job!!
on July 2, 2013
Clear,precise and informative,lots of different moves a whole section on abs and overall a great buy for anyone looking for alternatives my hubby has got lots of use out of it another great publication from men's health!
on October 17, 2011
I gave this book to my boyfriend as a gift. He LOVED it! It has all kinds of special workout and diet routines that are easy to understand and to follow. Practical advice on weight loss.
on February 5, 2014
I bought this book for my husband and he is very satisfied with it. He is a runner and very into keeping fit, and he says this book is very comprehensive and complete.
on January 31, 2011
The item arrived within a fair length of time. The item was exactly what I was expecting. The seller was honest about everything, and I got exactly what I wanted.