5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational book!
The book is fun yet informative. Purely inspirational. If you're thinking of making the leap to vegan or just exploring what a plant-based diet is, this is the book for you. Beautiful photos and wonderful references with a great online community.
Published on Jan. 4 2010 by Jessica Young

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Message, Okay Cookbook
I have a lot of vegan cookbooks including this one. I got it a few years ago when it first came out, and while I still have it, I don't use it often. A macrobiotic diet isn't my preferred choice of how to eat, although I really like Alicia's approach to writing this book and her message of eating healthy plant based foods. The recipes I did try were good but not...
Published 7 months ago by Under Ether

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational book!, Jan. 4 2010
Jessica Young - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet (Hardcover)

4.0 out of 5 stars A very informative and well written book, April 4 2010
K. Jones (Victoria, BC) - See all my reviews
I heard about this book on Oprah and planned to get it from the library. When I saw how many holds there were, I decided to buy it from Amazon. I was not disappointed in the least. The author provides very current information to back up her reasons for choosing a plant based diet. She does not try to use "shock value" but rather,to educate with factual data. I appreciate her honesty when discussing some of the challenges of eliminating animal foods from ones diet. She also breaks down the diet into three categories depending on ones level of commitment. The first half of the book discusses the typical North American diet and why it is so unhealthy and unethical. The second half of the book is full of easy to prepare recipes, so there is something for everyone in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars a feel good book, Nov. 17 2009
Kathleen Dianne Young (Vancouver, B.C., Canada) - See all my reviews
This is much more than a cookbook. I feel like I am reading a letter from a good friend and her advice is heart warming without being preachy, which is great. I am not a vegan, but I definately will be trying to eat less meat and try more healthy alternatives from her book. Thanks Alicia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will make anyone want to go vegan!, Jan. 29 2010
C. Higgins (Edmonton, CA) - See all my reviews
I have read this book and now tried a number of recipes. It is well written and explains things in a very simplistic way, but seems to have some research to back it up.

The recipes in this book are really, really good. Many of them will call for expensive ingredients, especially with sweeteners since Alicia does not use processed sugars. That being said, I highly reccomend!

There is a website with a forum linked to this book that is also really useful. I have yet to try something that has not been awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Jan. 4 2010
Andrea Fleury (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
I love this book! It is non-judgmental, but very informative about eating better and preserving our planet. Good job!

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and Sweet, May 7 2010
I'm very impressed with the way Alicia lives her life. I am already eating a plant based diet but her book has inspired me to take one step further towards health by reducing the amount of processed and convenience foods that I rely on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly....This REALLY works!, Oct. 18 2010
J. Watson "Stephen" (Atlanta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
As a 48 year old business manager guy, I was totally skeptical about this book and diet. Sadly, I already was developing health/weight issues and had to take action. I'd tried low-fat, Mediterranean, Atkins, South Beach, etc. etc. diets and none of them produced significant changes in my blood work and overall health.

Then I did something remarkable...I actually bought and read this book. I have to say it changed my life! I'm in excellent health now. I can't thank Alicia and Dr. Neal Barnard enough!

After some Googling I also found out about Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Jr and a 20-year study in the "American Journal of Cardiology" that backs up virtually everything in Alicia's book.

Today I'm super healthy and feel 20 years younger thanks to "The Kind Diet". The strange part was that the "decision" to try this diet was the hardest part -"living the diet" is really easy and the food is delicious!

Thank you Alicia for saving my life and my health!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read/follow, Sept. 18 2013
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I chose a high rating becasue this book is easy to read, easy to follow, straight forward.
I really like the recipe suggestions.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone thinking of becoming a vegetarian or vegan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and a Pleasure to Read, Feb. 19 2012
I LOVE this book. It first sets the foundation by explaining all of the wonderful benefits of switching to a Kind (or kinder) diet. It does so in an easy-to-follow-and-understand and laid-back manner while still being highly educational. It explains simple ways to switch to a plant-based diet such as how to stock your kitchen appropriately and gives a lot of great ideas for people who want to "flirt" with vegetarianism or veganism.

The book really focuses on the importance of treating yourself kindly, and not only with the food you put into your body, but offers a few pointers on exercise, taking time to de-stress, and to take good care of yourself all around. The recipes are fantastic, I've tried many of the dessert recipes and a couple of the dinner ones and they've been easy to follow and very delicious. The photos throughout the book are absolutely lovely to look at.

Silverstone's writing is a delight to read, it flows well, is "hip" and fun, and you feel like you're learning from a friend. It's a total feel-good book. Personally, it's led to my making some major lifestyle changes that I feel wonderful about.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Kind Diet, March 5 2011
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I recently turned Vegan when I purchased this book and it was extremely helpful with my transition. It gave my insight into what is actually going on with the animals, and what is actually in the food we eat. This book is more than just a recipe book, it is a book of great facts that I never even knew about, and I was vegetarian for 12 years before going Vegan.

CDN$ 35.99 CDN$ 22.56