5.0 out of 5 stars Great perspective on wedding planning!,
I bought this for my sister who is marrying this fall. She seems to really find the book helpful. She is always quoting from the book and making decisions based on the book's "counsel." A good buy for sure. Highly recommend for any future brides that are looking for something to help keep their sanity in tact during the wedding planning process!
Published on Aug. 30 2012 by Michael Nelson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best
This book had a handful of good ideas but overall the writing style was irritating and a lot of the tips such as "ask your dad for more money" are a little antiquated for the modern bride. Looking for a solid resource with some fresh ideas? The Wedding Book: the big book for you big day is much better.
Published 9 months ago by Heidi Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great perspective on wedding planning!,, Aug. 30 2012
This review is from: The Busy Brides Bible for Planning a Fabulous Wedding Without the Expensive Cost of a Wedding Planner (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and informative, Aug. 31 2012
I found this book to be an informative read a one stop shop for planning a wedding. Some might say that all the information can be found on the internet or across various other books. Having it all in one place for easy reference is a real boon. Everything was written in an easy to follow format and then listed in easy to follow steps, very much like a good cookbook. I did learn some new points and tip that I did not know though.

It may not suit everyone but for me personally was really helpful. I always say read the sample and look at the sample as the book is pretty consistent throughout.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good guide, Aug. 31 2012
This is a really great guide to get if you do not want to spend too much money on a wedding planner. This guide just fills in for that role. The guide breaks the wedding into all of the separate parts to help you focus on each of them one at a time. When you separate it like that it helps you to get the lowest cost for each of them, and also will help to make sure each part of the wedding goes off without any problems.

This is the perfect guide for somebody who needs to keep their wedding costs down.

5.0 out of 5 stars ESSENTIAL READING FOR ALL BRIDES -TO -BE, Sept. 2 2012
K. Hedges "hertstore" (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
I got engaged for Christmas and my mother purchased this book for me. I thought I didn't need help, but then I starting planning my wedding and was lost.....

So I started reading The Busy Brides Bible. I love it, because Angela tells the truth. She doesn't sugar coat her thoughts, she tells it like it is. I am originally from the UK. If you want a book that's full of fluff and sweetness this is not it. This book tells the Facts, like to "Keep in Mind that 30-40% of the guests invited will generally decline". Who knew that? So now I can invite more guests than I really want.

As for the "Russian Style Food Service", that's the name. Don't take it to heart. It's like Italians being called Guidos. We don't take it to heart, because it's just our name...

So If you want the truth about the Wedding World then this book is for you. I love the section about adding PIZZAZZ to your Wedding, because I want all my guests thinking about my Wedding for years to come too........

5.0 out of 5 stars Stress-free wedding planning, Sept. 1 2012
You wait for this big day all of your life…And then it comes, and feel and overwhelming sense of bliss & joy; and then comes the day after, when you embark on the planning. The bliss can quickly turn into stress and overwhelm. Are you going to hire a wedding planner, or maybe a DIY wedding? If you are unsure where to begin, and need some direction and guidance, I highly recommend this book, but I recommend you get it in the early stages of your wedding; the earlier the better. There are a lot of wedding planning books out there, but this is one of the best…Why? Because it is structured, straightforward, organized. The author is very detailed, from choosing you wedding theme to signature cocktail recipes. She offers great ideas, organizational lists, and professional, helpful advice. This book has everything you need to plan your wedding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful!, Sept. 1 2012
I'm a wedding coordinator and I have to say that this book helped me and my clients a lot! The author gives you multiple great options on what to do while still planning your wedding. The tips are very practical and wise. If you want to save time, money, energy and less drama while preparing your big day, this book is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps save money, Aug. 31 2012
Everybody knows that the economy is so bad right now that you have to keep the costs of pretty much everything to a minimum. That includes stuff as important as a wedding, even then it is important to keep it as cheap as you can. This guide's purpose is to help you with exactly that. The guide looks at everything from the bride's dress, to the bridesmaid's dresses, to the catering, etc. It goes through every single aspect and gives you good ways of saving some money in each and every one of them. This guide will save you a lot more money than you spend on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars All brides need this book!, Sept. 27 2012
I highly recommend this for anyone getting married, but especially brides! I've been planning my wedding for a while and my maid of honour recommended this book to me. So glad she did! This book helped me along every step of the way, not sure I could have done it without it!

4.0 out of 5 stars No Wedding Planner Required, Sept. 4 2012
My wife decided to "go it alone" in planning our wedding partly due to the fact that she has worked as an event coordinator for a major hotel chain (organizing conferences, seminars, etc). After a few months into it, she seemed a bit overwhelmed. To help out, I purchased the Busy Brides Bible and The Wedding Book in hopes to relive some of the stress. We both found the Busy Brides Bible to be a great resource for the initial stages of planning a wedding. It basically gets you moving in the right direction and provides n outline of everything that needs to be done. I think the reason most people hire a wedding planner is because they take care of all the little details. And that's what makes this book so great. It covers all the big things and all those little things that I would have never even considered. The book gives you a wealth of resources and planning tools...ideas, lists, schedules, planning/ordering times and a lot more of the little details you'd probably overlook when dealing with the BIG things. A great detailed read overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must read for brides to be, Sept. 4 2012
‘The Busy Brides Bible’ is a must read for every bride to be. This book is a life-savio and so much cheaper than paying for a weeding planner. Not that I could afford a wedding planner anyways. This book leads you through all the preparations and plans that you should make from the day you get engaged to the time you jet off on honeymoon. What I love about this book is that it also tells you what not to do so you don’t waste any money. If you are a working woman and you are planning your wedding, you need to buy and read this book!

CDN$ 19.35 CDN$ 17.05