5.0 out of 5 stars Great perspective on wedding planning!,
I bought this for my sister who is marrying this fall. She seems to really find the book helpful. She is always quoting from the book and making decisions based on the book's "counsel." A good buy for sure. Highly recommend for any future brides that are looking for something to help keep their sanity in tact during the wedding planning process!
Published on Aug. 30 2012 by Michael Nelson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best
This book had a handful of good ideas but overall the writing style was irritating and a lot of the tips such as "ask your dad for more money" are a little antiquated for the modern bride. Looking for a solid resource with some fresh ideas? The Wedding Book: the big book for you big day is much better.
Published 6 months ago by Heidi Murphy

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An Aid to Brides Everywhere, Nov. 11 2012
This review is from: The Busy Brides Bible for Planning a Fabulous Wedding Without the Expensive Cost of a Wedding Planner (Paperback)
Weddings can be especially dreadful--hence the whole "bridezilla" concept. And a bride who plans her own wedding could be considerably worse-off, as all of the stress sends the blood rushing straight to her head. Angela Kear's guide, then, seeks to eliminate that stress. How well does it do that job?

Very.

I think, more than anything, what brides need is, not to be assuaged or soothed, but to have structure and consistency. The Busy Bride's Bible most definitely illustrates how to achieve such an environment. It gives clear and concise goals by date, details the "do's" and "dont's" of wedding planning, and even sheds some light on contracts with caterers and other service providers. I must say, it's certainly worth the nine bucks to keep your sanity.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Planner for Real Brides - and Real Busy Ones too!, Oct. 29 2012
I'm a college student, I work a full-time job and I'm also a new wife. Yeah, you could say I was a busy bride. Fortunately, I had a wonderful bridesmaid who got me the Busy Brides Bible and we got to work, successfully planning the wedding of my dreams! Great advice, lots of attention to detail - including many I would otherwise have overlooked - and really helps a bride relax and stay focused. There's a lot of wedding planners out there, but if you're a REAL bride (and not one of those plastic ones on top of a three-tiered cake), this is the one you need!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential purchase, Oct. 17 2012
I purchased this book as a gift. Was possibly the best gift I have purchased for my friend.
Even if you just take a few small tips from this book it will save you a fortune. A must have book for anyone getting married.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book!, Aug. 7 2014
This book really is the all-inclusive guide for busy individuals who need to plan a special wedding without raking up high costs. Recommended by some friends, my wife and I had followed a lot of its advice and strategies in planning our own wedding. We were quite happy with the results; not a lot of planning time was expended, and we did not go over-budget. However, we were happy to make our ceremony unique and special in its own way. Our guests were impressed with the celebration we had, probably thinking we must have spent a small fortune. Of course, this wedding ended up being under-budget (not bad having extra money left over for the honeymoon). Our friends who have used this guide were very content as well. They expressed a lot of satisfaction with the ideas presented from the author. Bottom line: my wife and I, and our friends, lead very, very busy lives. This book helped us to save time and money in planning for and executing our big days. In a market saturated with books that give advice to keeping costs low and saving time for wedding ceremonies, I honestly give this book among the highest recommendations I can give.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up! This deserves more than 5 stars!, Aug. 8 2014
I got this book as a gift for my cousin Janet after she had told me she was planning to have her wedding later this year in December, and in all honestly it's the only gift I have given her that causes her to be appreciative almost every-time she sees me. She once said I saved her millions of dollars, definitely an over- exaggeration but I get the idea and gist of what she was relaying. This book is truly very valuable and a quite thrifty investment for anyone wanting to save themselves some funds and need I say avoid unnecessary costs as well. A great source of information for anyone seeking to cut out the immense cost of hiring a wedding planner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wedding Plan for Everyone, June 3 2013
This Book must read every people who think about wedding. Before reading this Book I thought that wedding planning is very difficult and won’t plan it. This book is very well written and very detailed about Wedding planning. The author of this book is very very knowledgeable and offered exceptional details on How exactly to go about planning wedding. Recently I passed my wedding and I thought give and help plan my Best friends wedding. He is government officer and he want get big wedding party. Now I know how to organize a wedding without the expensive cost of a wedding planner. It is full with useful information and tips. I really like recommend this who planning to face wedding.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an awesome Wedding planning Book!, March 6 2013
This review is from: Busy Brides (Kindle Edition)
Wow, what a really awesome book for anyone planning a wedding!
The Author has been able to write down most of things we tend to forget and not think about when planing a wedding.

The tips and advice has been very helpful. Personally, I never could have imagined organising a wedding and knowing about all the tips written in here. Now I can understand that they are very important especially as you could have a lot of people at your wedding watching out for the mistakes.
This book will surely help anyone looking forward to getting married soon and most importantly understanding what to do even if you do not have any external help.

Thanks to the Author for these awesome ideas which I have never read from anywhere else. I highly recommend this book to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for Do It Yourself Wedding Planning, March 5 2013
Wedding planners cost a fortune and let's not forgot all the other expenses involved. The average wedding cost about $20,000! There is no way I am spending that much on my wedding. Don't get me wrong my wedding will be the most important day in my life but with all the money we will save we are going to have an extended honeymoon and putting a down payment on our first home! I thought planning my wedding myself would be to stressful but its really not. This book has many practical and valuable resources to help us save thousands.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lifesaver, Feb. 24 2013
Nicole Leon - See all my reviews
This book was a lifesaver as I was able to help a friend plan their wedding and the tips were just what I was looking for. I knew there is a lot involved in planning a wedding but I learned there is so much more and it's easy to overlook additional options. I also learned that organization is key and is very much needed before even starting to plan a wedding and dealing with vendors. I wasn't looking forward to battling with vendors but this book provided what I was searching for and making sure that I getting everything for my money. The most important thing what for me was not leave an appointment with a vendor without making sure they were meeting my needs. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book by a real wedding PRO, Feb. 24 2013
I'm in the middle of organizing my own wedding and this book has been extremely helpful all along. My friend got it for me when she found out that I was getting married and we've been using it a lot ever since.

The best thing I like about The Busy Bride's Bible is that it's written by someone who actually worked as a wedding planner. I mean, there are so many books written by people who went through organizing their own or their friend's wedding and now they think they know all about it. Angela A. Kear is definitely not one of these wannabes. I guess that's why her book talks real business, mentions a ton of different options one needs to consider, and explains things in a thorough traditional way.

The Busy Bride's Bible helps you deal with all aspects of organizing a wedding, from venues to flowers, bills, insurance, music, invitations and even getting grandmothers to help you when you need several pairs of extra hands (relatives come really handy then!). You get contract signing advice and important professional tips on how to not become a victim of shifty dealers and venue owners. It also helps you deal with the psychological aspect of planning your own wedding and teaches you how to avoid unnecessary stress as much as possible.

One thing I have to mention is that the book is very traditional and it's obviously geared towards couples planning a traditional wedding with a long-ish engagement period, all the necessary parties, a traditional gown and so on. So, if you want a totally non-conformist wedding, this book may be not give you everything you are looking for. But for me it's been (and is still being) a huge help. I would recommend it to all my friends whenever they find the right guy and start planning their own wedding.

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›