5.0 out of 5 stars Great perspective on wedding planning!,
I bought this for my sister who is marrying this fall. She seems to really find the book helpful. She is always quoting from the book and making decisions based on the book's "counsel." A good buy for sure. Highly recommend for any future brides that are looking for something to help keep their sanity in tact during the wedding planning process!
Published on Aug. 30 2012 by Michael Nelson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best
This book had a handful of good ideas but overall the writing style was irritating and a lot of the tips such as "ask your dad for more money" are a little antiquated for the modern bride. Looking for a solid resource with some fresh ideas? The Wedding Book: the big book for you big day is much better.
Published 10 months ago by Heidi Murphy

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An Aid to Brides Everywhere, Nov. 11 2012
This review is from: The Busy Brides Bible for Planning a Fabulous Wedding Without the Expensive Cost of a Wedding Planner (Paperback)
Weddings can be especially dreadful--hence the whole "bridezilla" concept. And a bride who plans her own wedding could be considerably worse-off, as all of the stress sends the blood rushing straight to her head. Angela Kear's guide, then, seeks to eliminate that stress. How well does it do that job?

Very.

I think, more than anything, what brides need is, not to be assuaged or soothed, but to have structure and consistency. The Busy Bride's Bible most definitely illustrates how to achieve such an environment. It gives clear and concise goals by date, details the "do's" and "dont's" of wedding planning, and even sheds some light on contracts with caterers and other service providers. I must say, it's certainly worth the nine bucks to keep your sanity.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Planner for Real Brides - and Real Busy Ones too!, Oct. 29 2012
I'm a college student, I work a full-time job and I'm also a new wife. Yeah, you could say I was a busy bride. Fortunately, I had a wonderful bridesmaid who got me the Busy Brides Bible and we got to work, successfully planning the wedding of my dreams! Great advice, lots of attention to detail - including many I would otherwise have overlooked - and really helps a bride relax and stay focused. There's a lot of wedding planners out there, but if you're a REAL bride (and not one of those plastic ones on top of a three-tiered cake), this is the one you need!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential purchase, Oct. 17 2012
I purchased this book as a gift. Was possibly the best gift I have purchased for my friend.
Even if you just take a few small tips from this book it will save you a fortune. A must have book for anyone getting married.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is SUPER GREAT!!!!!!, Jan. 7 2015
Just like we have our bible which directs us in our everyday way of life, THIS is definitely the bible busy brides MUST follow for that super amazing wedding!!!! We all know the Bible never misleads. This book has every little detail included from what type of bouquet you should purchase, to details not to miss out while planning your big day. It shows that no matter how busy you are, you can still make that big day special without breaking the bank.

For all the busy brides-to-be, planning your big day can be overwhelming and the thought of putting it all in a planner's hands without you being involved can be scary.. It doesn't have to be anymore! The expense of a wedding planner alone, can make brides want to settle for less when it comes to planning the wedding. With this special book, you will have an in depth of how to plan your wedding in just your perfect way. I have a friend who just married recently (so many things didn't go well, it all got to the last minute changing of plans) and i really wished i came across this book earlier, would have made it all easy. The way the writer clearly states things to do, things not to do and how to reason in all possible circumstances is amazing. I have had a first class experience planning a wedding with my super busy friend and i can tell you this, it wasn't easy.

To have a beautiful and memorable big day (even with your already so busy schedule), you should definitely get this book to have your day stilled wonderfully planned by you. If you love your friend(s) dearly, this would be an amazing gift to someone who is super busy but you would love for her to have a memorable ceremony.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brides-to-be beware..DON'T forget to buy this!!!, Dec 22 2014
Truly said- your sister is your one true best fiend! I was gifted this book by her..and i LOVE it! I wanted a wedding with very specific themes..and all the wedding planners wanted to charge a lot. Of course, by the time I was done with all the planning MYSELF, I had saved some extra cash for the honeymoon ;) For a price so low, this book is unexpectedly and truly a life saver( rather, a wedding saver :D). Some of the best things about the book according to me are-

#Very systematically written. The parts are divided into specific chapters, with equal attention to each and every minute detail.

#Definitely made the build up to the wedding date less stressful!

#The Busy Brides Bible comments at the end of each chapter, gave it a real nice personal touch!

# The book includes EVERYTHING- ranging from detailed checklists, a budget guide, money saving tips, a guest list template, an example wedding itinerary timeline to an example ceremony program and trendiest examples of wedding themes!

# Author Angela Kear knows what she's talking about. It's hard to go wrong when you have an experience for more than 10 years as a planner of huge events especially weddings.

#The ideas are original and hence unique! My MIL was really impressed with all the prep ;)

#It made my wedding cost much less than it could have.

I am using it again for my sister's wedding next year! Hail the Brides Bible!

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes for stress-free wedding planning!, Oct. 22 2014
A. Storey - See all my reviews
I was so overwhelmed when I first started planning my wedding. I'm so glad my future mother-in-law gave me the Busy Brides Bible as a gift! It has been the best and most utilized gift throughout the entire wedding planning process.

The most important thing the Busy Brides Bible does is to open your eyes to all of your options. See, I am a simple girl. I am not a girly girl by nature, but I still want to look beautiful, and I want my wedding to look nice and coordinated. When I first started planning, I loved pinning ideas on Pinterest. However, I got overwhelmed very quickly. What I really needed was something visual to carry with me when I started shopping for decorations, bridesmaid dresses, and picking out my flowers. Since my future MIL gave me this book, I have taken it everywhere with me to give retailers, my cake baker, and my florist clear ideas of what I am looking for.

The Busy Brides Bible also helps me keep track of my details so I can stay organized. I used it to plan my guest list, and I consulted it several times when my fiance and I were planning our reception menu.

Lastly, it covers everything I need to consider but never thought about before. Like I said, I'm a simple girl. Though I booked a hair appointment for my wedding, I never even thought about who would do my makeup, how I was going to get to the church or the reception site, or who would clean up the church after the ceremony. It's these seemingly small details that can get lost in the planning process. Luckily, I have had the Busy Bride's Bible to remind me of all the small things that will make my big day special.

This is the best money you will spend for your entire wedding planning process. Trust me! I am walking down the aisle shortly, and unlike most other brides I know, I am actually stress free because I know I didn’t forget ANYTHING--thanks to this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love leaving reviews on all of the products I utilized ..., Sept. 29 2014
HELLO! I love leaving reviews on all of the products I utilized a lot and got a fantastic deal on. This book was a life saver for me, my husband works full time as a personal trainer and I'm a full time teacher so we both have very busy schedules and very little time off. We got engaged last July and planned our entire wedding ON OUR OWN! We got married in June of this year and thanks to The Busy Brides Bible we both managed to plan the entire wedding without the help of any wedding planners. I was aware the wedding planners are very expensive so not only did we manage to save money on the wedding but we saved a huge chunk of change on planning the entire wedding on our own. The ceremony was fabulous and everything turned out great, this book not only helps you save as much money as possible but also gives you so many easy ideas that anyone can manage on a tight budget. I would really like to thank the author Angela for writing this wonderful book and literally supporting my marriage each step of the way. God bless! Thanks again! Any woman who wants to save money and have a gorgeous wedding should consider purchasing this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book!, Aug. 7 2014
This book really is the all-inclusive guide for busy individuals who need to plan a special wedding without raking up high costs. Recommended by some friends, my wife and I had followed a lot of its advice and strategies in planning our own wedding. We were quite happy with the results; not a lot of planning time was expended, and we did not go over-budget. However, we were happy to make our ceremony unique and special in its own way. Our guests were impressed with the celebration we had, probably thinking we must have spent a small fortune. Of course, this wedding ended up being under-budget (not bad having extra money left over for the honeymoon). Our friends who have used this guide were very content as well. They expressed a lot of satisfaction with the ideas presented from the author. Bottom line: my wife and I, and our friends, lead very, very busy lives. This book helped us to save time and money in planning for and executing our big days. In a market saturated with books that give advice to keeping costs low and saving time for wedding ceremonies, I honestly give this book among the highest recommendations I can give.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly the only book a bride-to-be will need!!!, Oct. 27 2014
This guide will save so….much! OMG! I’m helping a girlfriend plan her wedding, and we can use all the guidance available. Luckily, the wedding is a year away, so we have some time, and with the help of this book, it is going to be gorgeous! I can’t wait! I wish I knew about this book when I was planning my own wedding. In which, I only had 4 months to do! Owning this book would have been a big stress reliever! All of its contents are well organized, easy to follow, and have completely original ideas. There are things in here I never heard of doing, or could have never thought of myself. Plus, it includes every step imaginable and tons of details to go along with them. Trust me, getting this book would be well-worth the bucks spent and well worth your time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up! This deserves more than 5 stars!, Aug. 8 2014
I got this book as a gift for my cousin Janet after she had told me she was planning to have her wedding later this year in December, and in all honestly it's the only gift I have given her that causes her to be appreciative almost every-time she sees me. She once said I saved her millions of dollars, definitely an over- exaggeration but I get the idea and gist of what she was relaying. This book is truly very valuable and a quite thrifty investment for anyone wanting to save themselves some funds and need I say avoid unnecessary costs as well. A great source of information for anyone seeking to cut out the immense cost of hiring a wedding planner.

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›