5.0 out of 5 stars Great perspective on wedding planning!,
I bought this for my sister who is marrying this fall. She seems to really find the book helpful. She is always quoting from the book and making decisions based on the book's "counsel." A good buy for sure. Highly recommend for any future brides that are looking for something to help keep their sanity in tact during the wedding planning process!
Published on Aug. 30 2012 by Michael Nelson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best
This book had a handful of good ideas but overall the writing style was irritating and a lot of the tips such as "ask your dad for more money" are a little antiquated for the modern bride. Looking for a solid resource with some fresh ideas? The Wedding Book: the big book for you big day is much better.
Published 7 months ago by Heidi Murphy

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An Aid to Brides Everywhere, Nov. 11 2012
This review is from: The Busy Brides Bible for Planning a Fabulous Wedding Without the Expensive Cost of a Wedding Planner (Paperback)
Weddings can be especially dreadful--hence the whole "bridezilla" concept. And a bride who plans her own wedding could be considerably worse-off, as all of the stress sends the blood rushing straight to her head. Angela Kear's guide, then, seeks to eliminate that stress. How well does it do that job?

Very.

I think, more than anything, what brides need is, not to be assuaged or soothed, but to have structure and consistency. The Busy Bride's Bible most definitely illustrates how to achieve such an environment. It gives clear and concise goals by date, details the "do's" and "dont's" of wedding planning, and even sheds some light on contracts with caterers and other service providers. I must say, it's certainly worth the nine bucks to keep your sanity.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Planner for Real Brides - and Real Busy Ones too!, Oct. 29 2012
I'm a college student, I work a full-time job and I'm also a new wife. Yeah, you could say I was a busy bride. Fortunately, I had a wonderful bridesmaid who got me the Busy Brides Bible and we got to work, successfully planning the wedding of my dreams! Great advice, lots of attention to detail - including many I would otherwise have overlooked - and really helps a bride relax and stay focused. There's a lot of wedding planners out there, but if you're a REAL bride (and not one of those plastic ones on top of a three-tiered cake), this is the one you need!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential purchase, Oct. 17 2012
I purchased this book as a gift. Was possibly the best gift I have purchased for my friend.
Even if you just take a few small tips from this book it will save you a fortune. A must have book for anyone getting married.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes for stress-free wedding planning!, Oct. 22 2014
A. Storey - See all my reviews
I was so overwhelmed when I first started planning my wedding. I'm so glad my future mother-in-law gave me the Busy Brides Bible as a gift! It has been the best and most utilized gift throughout the entire wedding planning process.

The most important thing the Busy Brides Bible does is to open your eyes to all of your options. See, I am a simple girl. I am not a girly girl by nature, but I still want to look beautiful, and I want my wedding to look nice and coordinated. When I first started planning, I loved pinning ideas on Pinterest. However, I got overwhelmed very quickly. What I really needed was something visual to carry with me when I started shopping for decorations, bridesmaid dresses, and picking out my flowers. Since my future MIL gave me this book, I have taken it everywhere with me to give retailers, my cake baker, and my florist clear ideas of what I am looking for.

The Busy Brides Bible also helps me keep track of my details so I can stay organized. I used it to plan my guest list, and I consulted it several times when my fiance and I were planning our reception menu.

Lastly, it covers everything I need to consider but never thought about before. Like I said, I'm a simple girl. Though I booked a hair appointment for my wedding, I never even thought about who would do my makeup, how I was going to get to the church or the reception site, or who would clean up the church after the ceremony. It's these seemingly small details that can get lost in the planning process. Luckily, I have had the Busy Bride's Bible to remind me of all the small things that will make my big day special.

This is the best money you will spend for your entire wedding planning process. Trust me! I am walking down the aisle shortly, and unlike most other brides I know, I am actually stress free because I know I didn’t forget ANYTHING--thanks to this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love leaving reviews on all of the products I utilized ..., Sept. 29 2014
HELLO! I love leaving reviews on all of the products I utilized a lot and got a fantastic deal on. This book was a life saver for me, my husband works full time as a personal trainer and I'm a full time teacher so we both have very busy schedules and very little time off. We got engaged last July and planned our entire wedding ON OUR OWN! We got married in June of this year and thanks to The Busy Brides Bible we both managed to plan the entire wedding without the help of any wedding planners. I was aware the wedding planners are very expensive so not only did we manage to save money on the wedding but we saved a huge chunk of change on planning the entire wedding on our own. The ceremony was fabulous and everything turned out great, this book not only helps you save as much money as possible but also gives you so many easy ideas that anyone can manage on a tight budget. I would really like to thank the author Angela for writing this wonderful book and literally supporting my marriage each step of the way. God bless! Thanks again! Any woman who wants to save money and have a gorgeous wedding should consider purchasing this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book!, Aug. 7 2014
This book really is the all-inclusive guide for busy individuals who need to plan a special wedding without raking up high costs. Recommended by some friends, my wife and I had followed a lot of its advice and strategies in planning our own wedding. We were quite happy with the results; not a lot of planning time was expended, and we did not go over-budget. However, we were happy to make our ceremony unique and special in its own way. Our guests were impressed with the celebration we had, probably thinking we must have spent a small fortune. Of course, this wedding ended up being under-budget (not bad having extra money left over for the honeymoon). Our friends who have used this guide were very content as well. They expressed a lot of satisfaction with the ideas presented from the author. Bottom line: my wife and I, and our friends, lead very, very busy lives. This book helped us to save time and money in planning for and executing our big days. In a market saturated with books that give advice to keeping costs low and saving time for wedding ceremonies, I honestly give this book among the highest recommendations I can give.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up! This deserves more than 5 stars!, Aug. 8 2014
I got this book as a gift for my cousin Janet after she had told me she was planning to have her wedding later this year in December, and in all honestly it's the only gift I have given her that causes her to be appreciative almost every-time she sees me. She once said I saved her millions of dollars, definitely an over- exaggeration but I get the idea and gist of what she was relaying. This book is truly very valuable and a quite thrifty investment for anyone wanting to save themselves some funds and need I say avoid unnecessary costs as well. A great source of information for anyone seeking to cut out the immense cost of hiring a wedding planner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wedding Plan for Everyone, June 3 2013
This Book must read every people who think about wedding. Before reading this Book I thought that wedding planning is very difficult and won’t plan it. This book is very well written and very detailed about Wedding planning. The author of this book is very very knowledgeable and offered exceptional details on How exactly to go about planning wedding. Recently I passed my wedding and I thought give and help plan my Best friends wedding. He is government officer and he want get big wedding party. Now I know how to organize a wedding without the expensive cost of a wedding planner. It is full with useful information and tips. I really like recommend this who planning to face wedding.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an awesome Wedding planning Book!, March 6 2013
This review is from: Busy Brides (Kindle Edition)
Wow, what a really awesome book for anyone planning a wedding!
The Author has been able to write down most of things we tend to forget and not think about when planing a wedding.

The tips and advice has been very helpful. Personally, I never could have imagined organising a wedding and knowing about all the tips written in here. Now I can understand that they are very important especially as you could have a lot of people at your wedding watching out for the mistakes.
This book will surely help anyone looking forward to getting married soon and most importantly understanding what to do even if you do not have any external help.

Thanks to the Author for these awesome ideas which I have never read from anywhere else. I highly recommend this book to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for Do It Yourself Wedding Planning, March 5 2013
Wedding planners cost a fortune and let's not forgot all the other expenses involved. The average wedding cost about $20,000! There is no way I am spending that much on my wedding. Don't get me wrong my wedding will be the most important day in my life but with all the money we will save we are going to have an extended honeymoon and putting a down payment on our first home! I thought planning my wedding myself would be to stressful but its really not. This book has many practical and valuable resources to help us save thousands.

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›