biss boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vd2016beauty Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice ca_ty_gno Tools

on April 6, 2013
This book has changed my life. On the outside I was succeeding in life, but in the inside I was numb. I was burned out from the challenges of life, job and difficult persons. It evolved so that I was doing life versus living life. My feelings became a flat line, no deep lows nor highs.

It was discouraging to think of reading this recommended book and having another thing to do, to learn. I was advised that this book would actually help me let go of things to do.

After reading the book, I realized I was frozen in feelings, did not want to say or do anything that would hurt someone, nor feel hurt myself. This book taught me to feel difficult feelings go through me, label them and let them go, versus freezing the pain trying to stop it from entering further. I learned how the brain and body works with feelings, so I could flow with it. By acknowledging the good and bad feelings as they passed through me, with self loving kindness, I came to understand myself better, to "live" life.

One of my favorite books that made a big difference in my life, to experience and enjoy life.

on July 8, 2012
A beautiful book for those learning and practicing mindfulness. If you have battled depression, anxiety, feelings of shame, then this book will guide you in searching to heal with self-compassion and self-love.

There are meditations in the book as well. You can download the guided meditations on the author's website.
on May 10, 2013
This is one of the most useful books in the field of mindfulness. I liked the accessibility to exercises and the understandable wording used by the author. I would recommend this book to everyone who is interested in living a mindful life.
on September 14, 2013
This is a marvelous book to anyone. it is particularly cogent for those of us who make strange decisions based on low self-esteem. It allows one to explore how to live with a kinder gentler hand. Excellent meditations and visualizations. Good read for those in recovery from a broken heart
on May 26, 2014
This is a great book for therapists to read and then use with their clients or for anyone wanting to delve into mindfulness and self compassion. The exercises are easy to follow and build on the preceeding one.

Christopher Germer knows what he is talking about.
on January 15, 2014
The book provides a good understanding of mindfulness and self compassion. It is a bit difficult to implement on own. Probably best to connect with a coach/therapist, someone with an expertise to guide you through.
on October 8, 2014
this book came quickly and met allmy exoectations
on November 25, 2014
Wonderful tips on getting through life.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse