4.0 out of 5 stars A good solid reference book, July 5 2012
This review is from: The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume I (Paperback)
The material was well written and well presented. The diagrams were excellent, and the illustrations of the various muscle groups at work in different yoga poses was a nice touch. The additional material such as references to energy pathways in the body was quite interesting too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review- key muscles of yoga, Oct. 5 2012
I bought this for my yoga teacher training
I think because I'm very fresh to anatomy and its incorporation in yoga, I'm just not understanding the book 100% yet
But I have used the book with my anatomy book to help understand more and has worked
Regardless seeing the muscles during yoga is a gift for people training in this present time
We have wonderful references to look at and I enjoy the book because of its illustrations and the idea of the whole series

5.0 out of 5 stars Muscles and Bones, April 26 2014
A good primer on how, where, and the names of muscles etc. So that you know which muscles are used, how and where and whether they are being used the way they should be. Increases knowledge and awareness of muscles etc. It will enhance your yoga practice and will probably enhance anything which requires mobility or not.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great yoga and dance resource!, Sept. 9 2013
Compared to other anatomy books, this one has a more computer-graphic kind of feel to it, including many pics with a skeleton, layered with muscles specific to various yoga poses. It does a good job of isolating muscles involved in specific poses, as well as referencing other muscles that are affected by or that influence the primary muscles involved in a pose.

The book has several other sections which are helpful for a yogi, including locations of chakras within the C.G. skeleton, and inclusion of activated chakras within pose pictures, brief description and illustration of bandhas, full illustrated glossary of all poses, and some unique sections such as the one that describes engaging of individual muscles or muscle groups to improve yogic breathing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift Purchase, Nov. 21 2013
The gift receiver thoroughly enjoyed the knowledge provided in this book and recommends it to anyone looking to develop their yoga practice to another level.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Key Muscles of Yoga, Jan. 16 2010
Excellent resource for instructors, but also for members of the general population that are interested in learning more about biomechanics and anatomy.

5.0 out of 5 stars great illustration, Dec 17 2012
I needed this book for a yoga anatomy course and the illustrations showed the bones and muscles very well. I recommend it if you want to see what muscles & bones you use for some major yoga poses.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has been amazing. It has made my awareness of the bodies ..., Nov. 23 2014
A. Beynon - See all my reviews
This book has been amazing. It has made my awareness of the bodies intricate structure and allowed me to focus more deeply on the visualizing effects of yoga on my body.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book, July 4 2014
Clear and vivid illustrations and simple texts help me understand the fundamental parts of the human body. What yoga poses affect different groups of muscles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, Nov. 14 2014
Nancy Cox (Wasaga Beach, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
A beautiful book with a amazing detail. A pleasure to read!

The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume I
The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume I by Ray Long (Paperback - Nov. 1 2009)
CDN$ 41.95 CDN$ 26.30