5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for Yoga teachers!, Dec 15 2011
This review is from: The Key Poses of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume II (Paperback)
This book is so incredible; clear and well thought out.
I got Volume 1 as part of our mandatory readings for the Yoga teacher training (Frog Lotus Yoga-amazing!) and we used it all the time in anatomy class. Some students had brought Volume 2 and we referred to it a lot.
I recently purchased a copy and it's been assisting me in designing specific classes. For example, I covered a Yoga for Runners class for my friend and I really wanted the participants to get a deep stretch in the legs and this book broke down the tiniest variations to stretch slightly different parts of the muscles! I made the book available to students after class because it puts a visual to what's going on in their bodies! It is useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reference book for begginers, June 7 2014
The quality of printing and information in this book is amazing. If you want to further your knowledge of anatomy related to yoga, this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Key Poses of Yoga, Sept. 30 2013
A wonderful book. It is Very helpful and a joy to use when doing the actual Yoga. Excellent with detailed graphics, can recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, May 22 2013
Great book, interesting information.

The information in this book helped me go deeper in my poses.

I would recommend this book to all yoga enthusiast.

4.0 out of 5 stars if only it was spiral bound, Nov. 26 2012
ginette (montreal, QC, Canada) - See all my reviews
I have found this to be a very readable working text. Iwould have paid extra to have it spiral bound as I can see that eventually it will fall apart.

4.0 out of 5 stars Key poses of yoga, Oct. 5 2012
Love the series
Bought vol. 1 & 2 for my yoga teacher training program
I'm only in week 2 so I can't say I understand them completely yet
But very nice to see the muscles in action
Illustrations are lovely in general
This is still something nice to have as a teacher or serious student

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing illustrations, Oct. 1 2012
PT Cruiser (West Coast) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
If you've ever wondered what muscles and tendons your body uses for different poses, this book will illustrate it very graphically. It's a beautiful book and I think it would be equally helpful to both people that are new to yoga and those who are experienced practitioners. The detail is quite amazing. It would also be useful when you have a pulled muscle or tendon or when something hurts and you don't know what it is, especially if you have limited knowledge of anatomy. When trying to get further into a pose, this book will illustrate what to do and how to move to accomplish that goal. Very well done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, Aug. 20 2014
I like it .

The Key Poses of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume II
The Key Poses of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume II by Ray Long (Paperback - Nov. 1 2009)
CDN$ 41.95 CDN$ 26.30