5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Advice, Something to Highlight on Every Page, May 12 2013
This review is from: Double Double: How to Double Your Revenue and Profit in 3 Years or Less (Hardcover)
I recently read Cam's book 'Double Double', which I must say I was a bit skeptical as the title boasts doubling my business in a very short period of time. I was though optimistic as I am familiar with Cam's work and I have heard him speak before.

I sat down and cranked this book out in a couple sittings, I would recommend this approach to his book as I feel the first 3/5 of the book really is one business process, an expository step by step guide to roughly 5 core focus areas: visualizing and 'painting a picture', reverse engineering, company culture, hiring, and communication.

The final 2/5 of the book were in my opinion simply some solid business insight on self-management, performance events, and a real buffet of great insight. I am a chronic highlighter/note in the margin-et/ sticky tab the interesting pages type of person. Glancing over at the book I must have roughly 50 pages tabbed and I burnt through a highlighter on this book - good sign.

Some things I really loved were:
- Cam's belief in fostering strong, meaningful culture in your company as a driver for success
- I like that his approach, as Jack Welch would say, is straight from the gut.
- I found that reading the book I really got to know Cam, I feel like his is my buddy now - like I had a great conversation with a business mentor - gave me some big nuggets to digest, made me dream a bit but also just told me what to do and how it is. Solid.
- Cam was a College Pro entrepreneur, which I was as well so it was cool to connect there.
- I feel a lot of Cam's insight was sorta like Tim Ferris except unlike my man Tim, Cam's gives you more of the how, shares how he is not super human and it took him some time to make it happen, and really seasons it with a tonne of personal stories from real businesses he has built that relate more to my situation, businesses with lots of staff.
- I like that Cam invited you to interact with him, I suppose I felt like I was part of a smaller audience (I cranked off Lencioni's 'The Advantage' just before it, great book and love love Patrick, but you feel like you are reading a book to the masses, Cam's book seemed to be written to me)
- Cam's whole section on leveraging PR was solid, turn key and I will role it out this coming week.
-I am a vision guy, Cam showed some great ways to take ideas from the drawing board to the playing field, this I liked.
- There is a bunch of other cool stuff as well, worth the read if you are at the reigns of an organization or business.

A few things that I would critique (would be awesome if Cam simply called me and elaborated :)
- I felt the last portion of the book, 50+ words of wisdom from Cam though solid, kinda scrambled my brain after a really solid step by step read. Don't get me wrong, good stuff. I think Cam should have written another book just on those points, kinda felt like this was the one book his was ever going to write so he got it all in there - If Cam expanded on each point and wrote a book #2, I would read it, and pack a second highlighter.
-I would like to sit in on a conversation between Cam and the guys who wrote ReWork and Lencioni (Death by Meetings). Cam seemed to promote the need for a lot of meetings (in his defence they are very focused meetings) but there is a lot of discussion out there around really cutting back on meetings. Would just like to be a fly on the wall or a moderator for that three way chat on the topic of meetings.
-If I had to choose one other item to poke at I would say that, and I have observed this in his speaking style, that Cam seems to really qualify himself a lot, important yes, but his content is good and it qualifies itself, I don't think he needs to qualify his credentials as much, the guy knows his stuff - I would just let it speak for itself.

If you are hovering over the 'Add to Cart' button you don't know me but if you read books from start to finish and you like to eat books with a highlighter and really look for plug and play advice - I would definitely recommend clicking the button. Not a Harvard Business Press economical survey on the rise and fall of Fanny Mae, this is a solid book built for motivated entrepreneurs that are past the honeymoon phase and just want build a quality business bound for growth.

-Leighton T Healey
Want to chat more - find me on Linkedin

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant, April 17 2011
I've had the pleasure of being at some of Cameron's speaking engagements and from the first time I heard him speak, everything was so RIGHT, it just made sense.

Know being an entrepreneur, I believe you need to take in as much of the RIGHT information as possible, especially myself being a young entrepreneur.

Cameron's Double Double really is the right information. Take this information, embrace it and REALLY use it in your business or apply it to your personal life.

Again, brilliant book Cameron. I cannot wait for the next one!

Regards,

Brett

Double Double: How to Double Your Revenue and Profit in 3 Years or Less

5.0 out of 5 stars The new business bible., June 13 2011
I always considered a couple of books out there must reads for business. Good to Great, Rockefeller Habits, E-Myth. Cameron's book takes the best parts of each of these and has created a step by step how to book that's easy read and easy to implement. I bought one for all of my key customers and management team!

4.0 out of 5 stars Money isn't everything..., Aug. 29 2011
Cameron Herold knows a thing or two about growing companies... fast. But he also knows that all the growth and money in the world won't make a lick of difference unless you also have time to enjoy all the good things that come with it.

In Double Double, he comes up with real, concrete steps that will take any business to the next level and beyond. All the while, he reminds us to strike the right balance between family and work.

He's sharing steps that got him to a great place in life, a place we should all strive to get.

ARRAY(0xb501bba0)