Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: HardcoverChange

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(5 star).Show all reviews
on March 13, 2012
This book is a great way to catch up on your Diablo lore (a lot of which is a little different than it had been in the previous two games) and check out some neat artwork. It was very well put together. If you're a Diablo fan, this is a must.
on February 14, 2012
I am a long time Diablo fan and I collect a lot of gothic/demonic/medieval stuff. This book is just perfect for me. Not only it is great to read, but it looks fantastic and the quality is really good. I even think of getting a display stand or something. The pages are thick and look old, the artworks are incredible and the cover has a nice texture, it's worth more than the 26$ I paid.
on January 5, 2013
The presentation and layout of the book is superb. I love the artwork and the way they tried to make it appear like an old and weatered tome via the page design and coloring of each page to make it try and appear weathered. Though the game did not capture me quite like the second, I do have to admit that Blizzard is able to craft some amazing art with the talented artisits and writers they have at their studio. Fans of the Diablo series should thoroughly enjoy this book, and in general fans of fantasy based art and dark gothic lore should find this enjoyable as well. Buying it at below cover price makes this that much better in my opinion as well.
on May 11, 2012
I cant really add much more to this review than what has already been posted, however as a fan of the series I found this book very well done. The story and lore of the Diablo universe is explained very well and fills in a lot of gaps and information between the games. References are also made to the Diablo novels from time to time, but if you havent read these you dont lose anything from the Book of Cain. If anything I want to read these novels to gain more information about the lore.

The book itself is very well done, and the pages have a worn parchement look with the handwritten notes from Deckard in the margins are a nice touch. Also in the back there is an envelope with a map of the world on a parchment, the paper itself has a worn texture feel. A very nice addition.

Overall the quality of this book is top notch and well worth the price, especially for Diablo fans. If you love the universe and want to learn more, or brush up on the lore, this is book worth buying!
on May 9, 2012
As a Diablo newbie, I simply happened upon this official collector's piece for the new Diablo III game. First of all, I had received my order from Amazon near immediately (within a couple days), of which I am super satisfied. The product arrived in immaculate condition.

Now, the guide. I must say, it's quality of print FAR exceeded my expectations. I expected the same old glossy hardcover with cheaply printed pages (as you would find with most Prima guides), and received a book with a beautifully embossed, matted cover, and the pages themselves are thick and feature perforated edging. Really cool collector's piece.

Admittedly, I have yet to read the whole thing. I have a good quarter of the book read, and it's just super neat. Again, as a Diablo newbie, I have zero difficulties comprehending the deep Diablo lore and truly getting excited for the full game.

Wicked book for collectors ( I almost want to frame it and hang it on the wall!), and best way for newbies to catch up on the deep storyline that is Diablo. Super agreeable price too. Says $35.00 USD on the it for a considerable amount less thanks to Amazon.
on April 12, 2012
Diablo 3 Book of Cain was surprisingly better than I initially anticipated. Coming from a loyal following of Diablo games, I never really got into the books and lore, so for me this was a bit of a gamble as to whether i would gain enjoyment from reading it. Turns out, the book was amazing, everything from the initial look and feel, to the art, to the details and refreshment of the story of Sanctuary, i thoroughly enjoyed this read. To any Diablo fans out there gearing up for Diablo 3, i highly recommend picking this one up. The anticipation for Diablo 3 release has never been higher, and Diablo 3 Book of Cain is to thank for that.
on November 17, 2014
A must have for any fan of the lore surrounding the Diablo games. The book goes into great detail about the back story of the games and characters. You gain a lot of insight into the world that Blizzard made with the games.

The look and feel of the book is very Gothic and it looks nice sitting on your book shelf. I would highly recommend getting this over the more recent Book of Tyrael which is really just a rehash of this book.
on April 16, 2012
This is a book for the fans of the Diablo lore. This is a great way to start to or to get a refresh on what happened and what is going in the diablo universe. It was perfect for me to get me back into this diablo right before the third one. Lots of attention was put into the making of this book. Some very nice artworks and a sweet map.
on December 10, 2013
Recommended for anyone who enjoys lore and art paired together in wonderful ways.This book looks gorgeous, especially the worn-out look on the pages; it definitely looks like an actual old tome, sans the dust and cobwebs. Definitely a must-have for any Diablo fan. Awesome price and very fast shipping added a sweet touch.
on March 8, 2012
If you're a Diablo fan, or a newcomer looking to have a deeper understanding of the Diablo world lore before getting into the upcoming game then this is the book for you. Details key story points, ads lots of flavor info and has a ton of great illustrations from several well known artists.