5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly entertaining and fun!
Published on April 19 2011 by kyunlau

3.0 out of 5 stars Overrated
Published on May 26 2011 by Rossy24

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly entertaining and fun!, April 19 2011
This review is from: Bossypants (Hardcover)
What a treat it was to read this book--I couldn't put it down! Bossypants was charming, witty, and well-paced. Tina Fey delivered her life stories with such fun and humour that you can't help but laugh along. As a reader, you appreciate the selection of the great stories she chose to share. It was truly enjoyable to read the snapshots from her childhood to pursuing her passion in improv and writing to her career in SNL and 30 Rock.

Between the humour, I learned a lot from her work ethics, her dedication, and her approach to problems in the workplace. I really respect some of the statements she made.

The only criticism I have is that when the last page comes, you feel a little disappointed that the fun's over. But that's when you flip back to the start of the book again and go through some of many remarkable moments.

If you are a fan of her writing, her TV show, or her humour, you will definitely find this book entertaining. Thanks for writing such a great book, Ms. Fey!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful snippets of a comedian's life, April 8 2011
R. Nicholson - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bossypants (Hardcover)
"Bossypants" is a short memoir by comedian Tina Fey.

At times, a laugh out loud collection of anecdotal tales ranging from youth to present day. What is revealed are the trials, tribulations, frustrations and truly funny events that are a part of becoming a struggling comedian to a larger than life actor/writer for SNL and 30 Rock. Much of it done with tongue-in-cheek, dry humour.

This memoir is like a shotgun going off...it sprays its load over a wide area, creating chaos (in this case, funny chaos) in a wide swarth. If I had any regret, it would be that there was no mention of her Oscar appearance with Steve Martin ( "Don't fall in love with me" )...one of my favourite Oscar moments.

Conclusion:
If you like Tina Fey you'll like this.
A real treat...I enjoyed every moment of this wonderful book. 5 Stars.

Ray Nicholson

4.0 out of 5 stars Side splitting good read, Oct. 26 2011
Samantha "Critical Reader" (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bossypants (Hardcover)
This was one funny read. Sometimes I'd miss a joke and have to "hear" it being said by Tina in my head and then I'd laugh. I am a 30 Rock fan, so that makes me a bit biased. Non-Tina fans might be left scratching their heads at some of her screwball, mostly self-deprecating, humour but I loved it. I also enjoyed her story. There was just enough personal history for her to seem human but not so much that I was bored. Her honesty and moral outlook rings true. I am not a star-struck sort of person, but this book made me want to meet Tina in person.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overrated, May 26 2011
This review is from: Bossypants (Hardcover)
I love Tina Fey. I love 30 Rock. She is a genius when it comes to writing for SNL and 30 Rock and she is a solid actress. She is not a great author though. While i found there were some definite laugh-out-loud moments i was overall disappointed with this book. Perhaps her life is just not that interesting. I'm not really sure. If you are trying to decide between this book and say Ellen Degeneres' "The Funny Thing is..." then choose Ellen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, dorky, and endearing., April 23 2014
This review is from: Bossypants (Hardcover)
I never knew much about Tina Fey, and had only watched her on SNL or 30 Rock a few times, but this book made all of that irrelevant. Fey tells you everything you need to know about her life in a way that is hilarious and endearing. The book seemed all too short.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast-paced, laugh-out-loud!!, April 11 2014
Joanna (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bossypants (Kindle Edition)
Love that this memoir is broken up into sections, so that you don't have to read them in order.

One of the stories I loved was when Tina Fey talked about how she was being nominated for some kind of Parenting Award by people who knew nothing about her parenting. She may or may not have felt particularly secure about her parenting skills at the time, which led her to make the decision she made (no spoilers here :).

Also, love the fact that Tina Fey never learned to drive:)! Makes her human:)!!!

Read the book, there is NOT A SINGLE REDUNDANT WORD in it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny read!, March 24 2014
This review is from: Bossypants (Paperback)
I quite enjoyed this book, she is a good entertainer all around. Some sections were absolutely hilarious, very easy to identify with!

5.0 out of 5 stars So funny, March 8 2014
This review is from: Bossypants (Hardcover)
I was able to learn things about Tina Fey that were interesting. She is also very funny and entertaining! Great read to relax.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy the damn book!, Feb. 10 2014
This review is from: Bossypants (Hardcover)
There is no question that this is THE book to buy if you're a fan of Tina Fey. Going through her days in Second City with Amy Poehler, to Saturday Night Live, to 30 Rock, as well as her experiences as a mother and wife and all the life in between. Tina is honest, funny, and oddly insightful in experiences we all share, even if we aren't all crazy-successful and hosting the Emmys. ;)

3.0 out of 5 stars Just okay, Feb. 5 2014
This review is from: Bossypants (Paperback)
I didn't find this book as funny as I expected. Maybe because English is my second language and I just didn't get it at times :) Still, I read a lot of books and I don't find it difficult to understand them, so I have to conclude that this was just okay.

ARRAY(0x9dfcde7c)

Bossypants
Bossypants by Tina Fey (Audio CD - April 5 2011)
CDN$ 32.98 CDN$ 20.67