4.0 out of 5 stars It works... you will feel 100% better
This is an excellent book, and diet... I have been eating no wheat for the past month because of this book and I feel 100% amazing.
The bloating and digestive issues that used to plague me are completely gone. My skin is glowing. I have more energy. And I have lost my "wheat belly."
Published on Dec 26 2011 by pd204wpg

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of research, but questionable findings.
Published 23 months ago by Diane Allen

4.0 out of 5 stars It works... you will feel 100% better, Dec 26 2011
pd204wpg (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health (Hardcover)
When you embark on a wheat free diet, you quickly realize that almost everything we eat contains gluten. So it has been a big adjustment trying to find foods I can eat. But it's all worth it when you see the results. I am eating healthier and less processed foods. If you are skeptical, the least you can do is give it a try for a couple of weeks. I am confident you will notice a huge difference. Thanks to author for putting this important information out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally some proof for the dangers of wheat!, Oct. 17 2012
This review is from: Wheat Belly (Paperback)
This book was easy to read even if you don't have a scientific background (I am a retired RN). I have known and experenced many problems with wheat myself as have many people in my family. While not a technical "wheat allergy" wheat has been the culprit of many evils. I have avoided wheat for many years and always feel better when I do.

This book shows the many ways in which wheat can "hide" the problems that it creates. You would not generally think that an intake of a food would have such a wide body based impact and that removing it from you diet would have such a positive responce.

I have already recommened this book to several RN friends and they have been very impressed with the facts. I have also had a geat responce from family that has read the book. If you suspect that wheat might be a problem this is a MUST read! Even if you are unsure but experience problems losing weight or feeling your best this book is definately worth the money.

I will continue to recommend this book to anyone who asks me how I lost so much weight.(over 110 pounds) Even if I lost the weight proior to reading the book my total avoidance of wheat was a BIG factor and this book finally gave a scientific background for why my plan worked. Of course I eat a healthy diet rich and fruits and veggies and exercise. This book is a must read for anyone struggling with weight loss.

4.0 out of 5 stars Important Information, well written, Oct. 23 2011
Grant Thompson (Sechelt, B.C. ,Canada) - See all my reviews
Davis lets us know the consequences of eating too much in the way wheat based foods such as bread and pasta. He makes a convincing case for reducing processed carbohydrates and his plan does work. I would like to have seen a more comprehensive meal plan and options for each meal but his overview is solid and easy to understand. I expect that meal plans included in a recipe book will be forthcoming. For those who are serious about limiting carbs this book is well worth reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Consequences of genetic modification revealed!, Oct. 26 2011
I was fascinated by the science in this book. The evolution of the wheat plant - WHEAT! - in the last fifty years, reads like science fiction but has a ring of truth. I was so impressed that I stopped eating bread that very day. In two weeks, I lost seven pounds. And I stopped craving bread products. I expect that my blood sugar took a healthy dive, too. But that remains to be seen. Meantime, I wonder who will be writing the rebuttal? Monsanto?

5.0 out of 5 stars SOLID Research, Jan. 8 2012
Peter Stephenson (Victoria, British Columbia, CA) - See all my reviews
I've been researching and reading about the transition from high protein low carb diets to the reverse for over thirty years as a professional medical anthropologist. Davis basically has it right--wheat as we know it now is behind a vast number of problems, and wheat belly is a rapidly spreading disease of industrial monocrop agriculture. But its only part of the BIGGER problem that kind of agricultural system represents, not just for human health but for the entire biosphere. Cutting out the wheat could be a step in turning around the whole runaway train with its cascade of problems, but expect BIG resistance to this idea. BIG seed industry, wedded to BIG pharma is not going to take this lying down. Expect a pushback to describe this as quack science: its definitely not, but you'll hear a lot of nonsense about this hypethesis soon. Keep your eyes on the target: your dinner plate. And keep a copy of this handy: you'll need it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing, Sept. 29 2011
Wheat Belly is an excellent book that really gets into the science of why wheat is so bad for our health. It backs up the science with great stories of the people who Dr Davis has treated and their remarkable health improvements, and that is inspiration to help you stick to wheat free living.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Wheat Belly", Nov. 17 2011
Likely one of the most life changing books for me. My husband is a ciliac so I have been "careful" about wheat for many years but . . . after reading this book - I know all the damage that grains are doing to my body. Have been grain free for about a month and am beginning to lose weight but better than that - my energy is increasing and I don't want to eat all the time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of research, but questionable findings., Jan. 8 2013
Diane Allen (Cornwallis, NS, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wheat Belly (Paperback)
I started out reading this book full of hope at all of the well researched details about the negative effects wheat has in our diets and on our health. The author has really done his homework well and is quite knowledgeable. Where I lost confidence was in the conclusion he draws from those findings. He seems to use the words grains and gluten interchangeably in his conclusions. Even carbohydrates are skewered interchangeably with wheat. There is never any research to support his conclusions that because wheat is no longer the healthy grain we though it was, all grains/gluten containing foods and most carbs are also bad. He supports a low carb diet, a gluten-free diet as well as a wheat free diet. He lost me there and because of that, I don't trust this book and its conclusions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheat Belly, Oct. 22 2012
This review is from: Wheat Belly (Paperback)
Wheat Belly by William Davis M.D. is one of the best books I have read recently. It came at just the right time for me and after reading it has helped me get some much needed help with my health conditions. I would never have imagined that the changes made to wheat over the years could have impacted my health and life so negatively. I have been struggling for years to try and understand what is happening with regards to my health and Wheat Belly has opened my eyes to much needed information. Information that is helping me make better health choices. It is most definitely worth reading....Thank you Dr. Davis Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this book, Dec 28 2011
The information in this book appears to be well researched with the author's own experience with patients in his medical practice. Finally, the answer to the problems of obesity, diabetes and many other diseases affecting the human population appears to have been found. It's wheat baby, in all its forms and variations. It ain't the stuff our forefathers were eating. It's been modified so much that instead of feeding us it's killing us. This book is a must-read for everyone who eats food.

Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health