4.0 out of 5 stars It works... you will feel 100% better
This is an excellent book, and diet... I have been eating no wheat for the past month because of this book and I feel 100% amazing.
The bloating and digestive issues that used to plague me are completely gone. My skin is glowing. I have more energy. And I have lost my "wheat belly."
Published on Dec 26 2011 by pd204wpg

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of research, but questionable findings.
I started out reading this book full of hope at all of the well researched details about the negative effects wheat has in our diets and on our health. The author has really done his homework well and is quite knowledgeable. Where I lost confidence was in the conclusion he draws from those findings. He seems to use the words grains and gluten interchangeably in his...
Published on Jan. 8 2013 by Diane Allen

4.0 out of 5 stars It works... you will feel 100% better, Dec 26 2011
This review is from: Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health (Hardcover)
When you embark on a wheat free diet, you quickly realize that almost everything we eat contains gluten. So it has been a big adjustment trying to find foods I can eat. But it's all worth it when you see the results. I am eating healthier and less processed foods. If you are skeptical, the least you can do is give it a try for a couple of weeks. I am confident you will notice a huge difference. Thanks to author for putting this important information out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Important Information, well written, Oct. 23 2011
Grant Thompson (Sechelt, B.C. ,Canada) - See all my reviews
Davis lets us know the consequences of eating too much in the way wheat based foods such as bread and pasta. He makes a convincing case for reducing processed carbohydrates and his plan does work. I would like to have seen a more comprehensive meal plan and options for each meal but his overview is solid and easy to understand. I expect that meal plans included in a recipe book will be forthcoming. For those who are serious about limiting carbs this book is well worth reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Consequences of genetic modification revealed!, Oct. 26 2011
I was fascinated by the science in this book. The evolution of the wheat plant - WHEAT! - in the last fifty years, reads like science fiction but has a ring of truth. I was so impressed that I stopped eating bread that very day. In two weeks, I lost seven pounds. And I stopped craving bread products. I expect that my blood sugar took a healthy dive, too. But that remains to be seen. Meantime, I wonder who will be writing the rebuttal? Monsanto?

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheat Belly by. Wm Davis MD, June 5 2012
This book has literally saved my life.

17 years after being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia I came upon this book. That was 4 months ago and thus far, by eliminating Wheat products from my diet, I have been able to wean myself off of 900 mg/daily of medication for the pain associated with the Fibromyalgia. The 'fibro-fog' has all but disappeared. I've been able to reduce my thyroid medication by 50%. My arthritis joints are less stiff. I'm sleeping better and my energy levels are on the climb.

I feel now there is some hope that I will be able to work my way back to a semblance of 'normal life' that I once enjoyed.
Already, just by eliminating 'wheat' and wheat products I feel so much better.

I'm not sure how long it will take for my body to clear fully the pain medication I took for so long but from here on every day will get better, I'm sure.

The blessing of this approach to better health is that by going wheat free one risks nothing. I can't hurt you. There are no other products to buy. There is plenty of healthy food still available to eat. It will cost nothing to give it a try and for many of us it might just change your health and life for the better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally some proof for the dangers of wheat!, Oct. 17 2012
This book was easy to read even if you don't have a scientific background (I am a retired RN). I have known and experenced many problems with wheat myself as have many people in my family. While not a technical "wheat allergy" wheat has been the culprit of many evils. I have avoided wheat for many years and always feel better when I do.

This book shows the many ways in which wheat can "hide" the problems that it creates. You would not generally think that an intake of a food would have such a wide body based impact and that removing it from you diet would have such a positive responce.

I have already recommened this book to several RN friends and they have been very impressed with the facts. I have also had a geat responce from family that has read the book. If you suspect that wheat might be a problem this is a MUST read! Even if you are unsure but experience problems losing weight or feeling your best this book is definately worth the money.

I will continue to recommend this book to anyone who asks me how I lost so much weight.(over 110 pounds) Even if I lost the weight proior to reading the book my total avoidance of wheat was a BIG factor and this book finally gave a scientific background for why my plan worked. Of course I eat a healthy diet rich and fruits and veggies and exercise. This book is a must read for anyone struggling with weight loss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, and shocking., Jan. 2 2012
This book gives you a real reason to beware of frankenfoods.. and spotlights the modern dwarf wheat that is a very pervading ingredient in even very unsuspecting common consumables. It takes a great degree of mindfulness to avoid ingesting these types of foods and sometimes it is impossible to know for sure, as these food companies are not required by law to admit to GMO ingredients, and we all know how useless the FDA is in protecting our health. I have since emailed a couple of companies and the response was "we cannot gaurentee our product is GMO free". This book will make you understand the gluten free craze. This book is important for everyone to read, even if you don't currently have any digestive issues. Prevention, prevention, prevention. Let your food be your medicine. Excellent education for health.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ugh,...wheat, July 3 2012
This is an amazing book that has helped me to understand why I have had so many health issues in the recent past.
It infoms us that the wheat has been transformed into a "new" wheat that has detrimental effects on our bodies such as diabetes, cholestoral, weight gain, arthitis and cancer.
I have been following the program for 4 weeks now and feel totally different...pain has decreased dramatically!

I highly reccommend this book...a great and informative read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing, Sept. 29 2011
Wheat Belly is an excellent book that really gets into the science of why wheat is so bad for our health. It backs up the science with great stories of the people who Dr Davis has treated and their remarkable health improvements, and that is inspiration to help you stick to wheat free living.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wheat Belly, July 6 2012
It was a very informative book and discusses how eating wheat causes blood sugars to rise and how it has genetically changed in 50 years. I thought over the years that I may have an addiction to bread because once I started eating it I could not stop. So went on a special diet of no carbs only protein, vegetables and fruit. When I went to a Doctor that deals with women's hormones he did blood work found I have Hashimotos thyroiditis and stated to stay off all wheat and grains. So I have been off all wheat products for about 10 months and now it doesn't bother me, but I know if I eat once piece of bread I'll continue on and eat the whole loaf. Makes you think twice before eating anything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing But The truth..., June 27 2012
I bought the first book and I finally took the decision to convince my whole family to go gluten free. I was already gluten free for a while,I was lucky enough to find a doctor in Calgary, Alberta who tested me for antibodies against gluten. My husband is pain free now so are my two sons, everybody looks younger and healthier, happier, it shows on the skin, the hair, the mood, I hope it shows in our arteries and guts too! I bought some more books to give to people I love, I would like to buy at least a hundred books, when I see people with big bellies and puffing to catch their breaths, I wish I could give them the book even if I don't know them.Wheat Belly

Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health