countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Showing 1-10 of 147 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on June 5, 2012
This book has literally saved my life.

17 years after being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia I came upon this book. That was 4 months ago and thus far, by eliminating Wheat products from my diet, I have been able to wean myself off of 900 mg/daily of medication for the pain associated with the Fibromyalgia. The 'fibro-fog' has all but disappeared. I've been able to reduce my thyroid medication by 50%. My arthritis joints are less stiff. I'm sleeping better and my energy levels are on the climb.

I feel now there is some hope that I will be able to work my way back to a semblance of 'normal life' that I once enjoyed.
Already, just by eliminating 'wheat' and wheat products I feel so much better.

I'm not sure how long it will take for my body to clear fully the pain medication I took for so long but from here on every day will get better, I'm sure.

The blessing of this approach to better health is that by going wheat free one risks nothing. I can't hurt you. There are no other products to buy. There is plenty of healthy food still available to eat. It will cost nothing to give it a try and for many of us it might just change your health and life for the better.
on June 19, 2016
The book was an eye opener. It made a lot of sense. I tried to follow a no wheat diet for about two weeks and did feel wonderful.
It works if you can do it. But hey, I love my bread. I like to have a sandwich at lunch and I'm not willing to give this up.
on October 17, 2012
This book was easy to read even if you don't have a scientific background (I am a retired RN). I have known and experenced many problems with wheat myself as have many people in my family. While not a technical "wheat allergy" wheat has been the culprit of many evils. I have avoided wheat for many years and always feel better when I do.

This book shows the many ways in which wheat can "hide" the problems that it creates. You would not generally think that an intake of a food would have such a wide body based impact and that removing it from you diet would have such a positive responce.

I have already recommened this book to several RN friends and they have been very impressed with the facts. I have also had a geat responce from family that has read the book. If you suspect that wheat might be a problem this is a MUST read! Even if you are unsure but experience problems losing weight or feeling your best this book is definately worth the money.

I will continue to recommend this book to anyone who asks me how I lost so much weight.(over 110 pounds) Even if I lost the weight proior to reading the book my total avoidance of wheat was a BIG factor and this book finally gave a scientific background for why my plan worked. Of course I eat a healthy diet rich and fruits and veggies and exercise. This book is a must read for anyone struggling with weight loss.
on January 2, 2012
This book gives you a real reason to beware of frankenfoods.. and spotlights the modern dwarf wheat that is a very pervading ingredient in even very unsuspecting common consumables. It takes a great degree of mindfulness to avoid ingesting these types of foods and sometimes it is impossible to know for sure, as these food companies are not required by law to admit to GMO ingredients, and we all know how useless the FDA is in protecting our health. I have since emailed a couple of companies and the response was "we cannot gaurentee our product is GMO free". This book will make you understand the gluten free craze. This book is important for everyone to read, even if you don't currently have any digestive issues. Prevention, prevention, prevention. Let your food be your medicine. Excellent education for health.
on July 3, 2012
This is an amazing book that has helped me to understand why I have had so many health issues in the recent past.
It infoms us that the wheat has been transformed into a "new" wheat that has detrimental effects on our bodies such as diabetes, cholestoral, weight gain, arthitis and cancer.
I have been following the program for 4 weeks now and feel totally different...pain has decreased dramatically!

I highly reccommend this book...a great and informative read.
on June 27, 2012
I bought the first book and I finally took the decision to convince my whole family to go gluten free. I was already gluten free for a while,I was lucky enough to find a doctor in Calgary, Alberta who tested me for antibodies against gluten. My husband is pain free now so are my two sons, everybody looks younger and healthier, happier, it shows on the skin, the hair, the mood, I hope it shows in our arteries and guts too! I bought some more books to give to people I love, I would like to buy at least a hundred books, when I see people with big bellies and puffing to catch their breaths, I wish I could give them the book even if I don't know them.Wheat Belly
on July 6, 2012
It was a very informative book and discusses how eating wheat causes blood sugars to rise and how it has genetically changed in 50 years. I thought over the years that I may have an addiction to bread because once I started eating it I could not stop. So went on a special diet of no carbs only protein, vegetables and fruit. When I went to a Doctor that deals with women's hormones he did blood work found I have Hashimotos thyroiditis and stated to stay off all wheat and grains. So I have been off all wheat products for about 10 months and now it doesn't bother me, but I know if I eat once piece of bread I'll continue on and eat the whole loaf. Makes you think twice before eating anything.
on September 29, 2011
Wheat Belly is an excellent book that really gets into the science of why wheat is so bad for our health. It backs up the science with great stories of the people who Dr Davis has treated and their remarkable health improvements, and that is inspiration to help you stick to wheat free living.
on March 31, 2014
Very interesting read. I'm a fairly open minded individual with a slight case of IBS. This book was very enlightening and I have been mostly gluten free for almost a year and a half now. I find that it has definitely help clear up that foggy mindedness and given me way more energy. I think it is to each their own. But this book is filled with information that you can take quite literally or with a bit of a more open mind. Definitely worth the read.
on May 6, 2012
This is the second book I bought, this time as a gift. I just can recommend this book because you can apply it's content to your life. Speaking of the included cooking section and the recipes on the last pages. When it comes to a great diet this book changed my eating habits to a healthy lifestyle. I should mention that I am a diabetic and I was looking for a way to lower my blood sugar.